Again... (SikJun)

Whispering Bells

Title : Again...

Song : Again...

Pairings : Hyungsik x Dongjun (SikJun)

 

***********

“Junnie... its so cold” Hyungsik whispered as he and Dongjun huddled together in the alley, the snow falling lightly like a drizzle over their thin clothes.

“I know Shikkie... just brave it okay ? You know we cant go home until we sell all these” he gestured to the bundle of homemade trinkets on Hyungsik’s lap.

Hyungsik sighed. “You’re right... i dont want to get locked in the attic again...”

Dongjun and Hyungsik are orphans living in an orphanage. Although Dongjun is a few months younger than Hyungsik, he always acted as the older one since he is more mature.

The orphnage they lived in, had poor conditions and they sent the kids to sell homemade trinkets everyday not caring of the weather or the kid’s conditions. If they failed to sell all the trinkets by the end of the day, they will be locked in the attic and denied their meal of the day. Just yesterday Dongjun and Hyungsik had been locked up in the attic, along with two other kids, Gunwoo and Chaejin. They braved through the cold night by huddling together, trying their best to warm themselves up.

Dongjun closed his eyes, imagining himself when his parents were still alive and well. He saw his mother, Hyungsik, his stepfather and himself in their home, sitting together in front of the crackling fire with blankets over their shoulders and warm mugs of hot chocolate in their hands. This was all before the accident that took both their lives that fateful night.

He cant take it anymore. His body was so tired and sore, he hadnt eaten at all in two days, and it was so so so cold. He felt Hyungsik release a breath of relief and whisper quietly “Appa...”

Dongjun opened his eyes and saw his mother and stepfather in front of him, his mother looking as beautiful as ever and his stepfather looking so handsome and smiling so brightly. Hyungsik was standing in between them, color in his cheeks and a sparkle in his eyes. Hyungsik held out his hand and beckoned him to take it as his mother smiled at him.

He took Hyungsik’s hand and immadiately felt the cold and soreness leave his body replacing it with warmth and ease. He smiled back at them as they pulled Hyungsik and him into their embrace.

***********************************

A/N : I know its short but hell. And this is inspired ny that fairytale ; 'The Little Matchgirl' was it ? 

Whatever. Enjoy ><