kyuteuk x suho ; 1 2/2

Project EX-J "

*Yes.


Yes you do, yes you will, stop arguing with yourself. Do you understand,
Kim Joonmyun?

 

 

_______________________________

[1]

 

“You’re saying, you’re almost twenty years old, yet you had the decision to come back to high school. One question; why?” Rather than it being the ones who just met Jungsoo, it turned out to be Ryeowook being the one to ask endless questions. Much to Joonmyun’s surprise, actually. No, much to everyone’s surprise. And we all thought he said Jungsoo was a close friend...lies.

“Because, as you already know, my family hadn’t always been the wealthiest around. I had to work and such, which gave me nearly no time to spend on studying. Now that I do have a chance, I thought why not just spend some time on a small, yet important, little thing? Y’know, it’s an opportunity in life.” He couldn’t lie that Jungsoo was a great speaker. Every time a word slips from his mouth, it’s almost like he has this...style of speaking. In which is a good thing; because that style will captivate your whole attention on his words. It’s luring--positively luring. “The real question is; why wouldn’t you want to accept an offer to come back to school?”

“That’s very true” Kyungsoo added, a piece of waffle in his mouth.

The conversation between all four guys were quite very decent as they were walking on the sidewalk, heading towards their school. Most of the topic was based on Jungsoo, but they do switch off from time to time as they introduce each other, slowly. Joonmyun found himself asking questions later on, and ended up being nearly as close as Ryeowook was to the older male. And of course, he sure did earn himself some teasing shoves here and there, but he still insisted that he only really wanted to be friends with Jungsoo.

As if.

 

“Look at thaaaaaat!” Was the first thing they heard as the four of them entered the classroom. It was Taeyeon, munching on her usual morning sushi rolls and grinning widely at them at the same time. “It’s Park Jungsoo--oppa!”

“Oppa?” Naeun, who sat at the back seat suddenly spoke up, sending Joonmyun’s body shivering. Jesus. She just hears everything, even if it’s clear to all of us that she has those loud- Beats headphones on, and gossiping girls surrounding all around her. Sometimes he wonders if she’s some kind of alien with super high-quality hearing. Maybe she has the hearings of a dog? That’s cool...exaggeratingly. “Shoot, I actually forgot you were starting school today. Hold on. You stay here and I’ll go to the office. Be right back.” And so, she left without another word said. He may have forgotten about it sometimes, but Naeun is still their class president. Even if all she does every day is sit around, eat, do nothing, and has the reputation of doing a terrible job as a class president, every end of the month, every single job that she was assigned to do will all be perfectly done. Better, she’ll always end up with the highest grades in class. It’s amazing how her body and brain works together--and because of that, Joonmyun had always been convinced that she’s an alien from a random exo planet outside of The Milky Way.

Nice of the teacher, and Son Naeun the class president, Jungsoo was seated right in between Joonmyun and Ryeowook; just in case if he needed to know anything about the subject, the school, or just anything in particular. Joonmyun liked having new kids in class. Why? Because the teacher will always, for some ing reason, let the out-of-conversation talking go by as if it was just another day out at the park. Unfortunately, those only lasts for at least...well, approximately less than 48 hours. Still, it’s a good chance to have an excuse for not paying attention in class.

 

For the first time, you could say, Joonmyun had completely forgotten about Kyuhyun. Ain’t that impressive? Sure. His mind was almost entirely focused on Jungsoo--or Leeteuk, as the name that they’ve came up with from his personality being mentally special, facetiously special. The most important, and by far the most entertaining, sentences that were spoken that day were--not so surprisingly--said by the only two girls in the group; Taeyeon and Naeun; added with a hint of Jessica and Krystal, the sisters, as they call them for humor-intending purposes. Their comments would go from, “Oppa, you’re special.”, to, “Oppa, you’re old.”, to, “Oppa, you should get botox done.”, to, “Oppa, your wrinkles…”, to even, “OH. EM. GEE, OPPA, YOU LOOK LIKE AN ANGEL.”

Girls; why are they so hard to understand? Are they always this bipolar? Or...or did they just all decide their PMS on the same days at the same time? Whatever it was, Joonmyun was sure this is going to last very long--especially for Naeun. It’s always a problem with Naeun; she’s a witch.

“Joonmyun,” After a long while of laughing, giggling, and having fun with the new member of a team, Joonmyun felt a tap to his shoulder. It was Ryeowook, and he was signalling quietly for him to look over at a specific direction. As soon as he did, he was greeted with a staring Sungmin, whom he assumed to have skipped classes on his own school again. For what reasons? Either Kyuhyun or...well, the only reason he could think of at the moment was Kyuhyun. Unless, mother nature had just decided to throw an unlikely situation on him, and Sungmin was heading over towards their lunch table.

“Can we talk?” The sweet voice said calmly, and his face so expressionless that it silenced everyone at the table. Hell, nearly everyone’s eyes in the cafeteria were on him and Sungmin. “Uh,” He stuttered and eyed Ryeowook, who pretended as if no one was even standing there at all. What a great friend. “Sure.”

 

Fifteen minutes, approximately, later, they were standing in the quiet hallways with both of their backs pressed against the wall opposite from each other. Well, Sungmin was leaning against a locker that he remembered to belong to Kyuhyun. He sighed, for the nth time, as still, for the past while, no words were exchanged between them. Only awkwardness was emitting from their presence, and to be honest, it was making him feel utterly uncomfortable. “We’ve been standing here for fifteen minutes,” Joonmyun finally broke the silence, sending the slightly smaller boy’s body to flinch. “You said we needed to talk. So talk; I still have to each lunch, you know?” That sounded like a move. Was it a move? Maybe it was a move.

Sungmin hesitated for a moment and sighed, too, his feet fiddling with themselves on the carpet floor. “Well,” He finally put a start to his sentence after nearly twenty minutes. Really? That’s all he could say? “Kyuhyun broke up with me.”

...What?

“He broke up with me a couple days ago, and I haven’t heard from him since. When I talked to him that night, and I asked why, he told me that… He told me he liked someone else.”

...How much of a douchebag can this guy be?!

“And when I asked him if I could, at least, know the name of the person he fell for…”

“...”

“He said, it was Kim Joonmyun.”

There was a clash of the plastic tray on the end of the hallway, in which the floor was made out of marbles. Joonmyun slowly turned his head, only to find an awkwardly smiling Jungsoo standing there, scratching the back of his neck. Something inside of him clicked; not because Kyuhyun actually liked him, but it was because of the obvious hidden meaning behind that angelic face he’s looking at. “I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, I...I was just passing by…Sorry…”

The older male left the scene at immediate--followed by Kyungsoo, deadpanning as always; Ryeowook; Jessica and Taeyeon dragging each other; Krystal, trying to catch up with her sister; and Naeun, trying overly hard to mock Kyungsoo’s casualty and deadpan. Well, at least they all work in teams.

Sungmin sighed and turned his head away from the scene, finally letting himself fall to the floor, crouching. Joonmyun stepped forward and crouched in front of the male, planting a soft pat to the blonde head. “It’s okay. Don’t worry about it; I don’t like him.”

That didn’t feel like a lie, somehow. But he’s convinced that it was a lie, so he’ll stick to the “fact” that it’s clearly a lie.

“I don’t care about who he dates afterwards, I just...I just want someone to comfort me. I just want to let you know that if you and him ended up being an item somehow...I just want to acknowledge you of what he likes and what he doesn’t. I want you to love him as much as I did; I want you to love him more that I d--”

“I don’t love him. I won’t ever.” Yes you do. Yes you will.

“Please, just--”

 

“I like Jungsoo hyung.”

Another clash.

Now...that one didn’t seem so much like a lie now, did it? He turned his head again, and the first thing he noticed, was the bright red face of the male he just mentioned.

 

_______________________________

a/n: unbeta-ed. I didn't edit it; wrote it in one day. Bear with me for a bit, k? Thanks. ; ;