kyuhyun x suho ; 1 1/2

Project EX-J "

* Untouchable

School. It’s a ed up little society for kids, if you really look into it. Some people are popular, always hanging out with their own little groupies and they could be easily compared to animals who attack in groups. While on the other side are the outcasts - people who gets neglected and discriminated for nothing, and they could be easily compared to vulnerable prays. Though, what happens when a pray accidentally falls for someone who was supposedly an enemy?

The sound of that makes you sick to the stomach, doesn’t it?
- in request from "_junmash"
8/1/2013

 

__________________________________
 

“You’re not getting the point I’m trying to make.” Joonmyun spoke softly as the room fell silent. Ryeowook, Kyungsoo, Taeyeon, and Naeun who supposedly were supposed to help him feel better were only sitting on the couch, surrounding him, with their arms crossed and their legs crossed. Everyone in the same position. This could make a million dollar picture for a mixed and ed up version of mean girls. Or at least that was what Suho thought it could. This whole burden in his heart thing is making everything harder than it should be. And because no one understood him, it’s just impossible. Merely impossible.

“Then restate your point. We’ve been friends for how long, and you’re going to just say that we don’t understand you on something this simple? That’s completely ridiculous.” Kyungsoo spoke back with the same tone. That’s Do Kyungsoo; known for his nonchalantly intelligent words of wisdom. You could say he’s the neighborhood counselor. He’s the guy for you if you have a problem and needed a straightforward answer right then and there. You may get hurt from his words, but in the end, you’re going to be left with nothing, but relaxation in your tummy. Joonmyun blinked and sighed. His mind slowly moving back all the way to the first day of this problem starting.

 

Roughly three years ago, when he was a high freshman, he decided to join the journalism club. Kim Joonmyun was known as the biggest nerd ever. All he ever does was study, write, research, write. Even during class, he wrote whatever it was that might make it into the school's newspaper or the yearbook. He really liked writing. About everything that went on around the school, or even outside of school. Celebrity updates are always popular between the students lately. He never understood much about it. What's so interesting about idols doing drugs, idols getting caught in brothels, or idols just getting married. They're just normal people like everyone else.

It all started when he was just finishing up his final article and was ready to submit it for approval, when the light inside the library decided to switch off. Whines, mumbles, groans, and curses could be heard from afar, yet Joonmyun stayed calm. It didn't effect him much, he did everything on Google Drive, so it was saved. Though, a warm touch to his shoulder made him flinch and caught his attention.

"Kim Joonmyun, right?" The voice said. He doesn't recognize it, nevertheless he replied with a quiet, “Yes.”

“My name’s Cho Kyuhyun. I’m the school’s president. I’ve been reading every one of your articles, and they’re really interesting. It’s awkward to first meet like this, I know. But hey! If I see you around again, I’ll be sure to say hi!”

That was the beginning of everything. Joonmyun have never heard of that name before, surprisingly, and he had never seen the man’s face. But as soon as he walked away, and the light came back on, he was sure that he just fell in love with an almost-complete stranger.

 

“Then...what’s the problem? I don’t see how that could be a problem for you.” Naeun said nicely, reaching over to grab her cup of Starbucks coffee and sipped on it, her eyes still focused mindlessly at her troubled friend. Joonmyun sighed, looking back at the girl.

“Like I said, you guys just don’t understand me.”

“Then why’d you call us over?” Ryeowook added.

Joonmyun sighed for the nth time and palmed his face.

 

Since the day he met this guy - this Cho Kyuhyun guy - Joonmyun had been more than tempted to come to school early in the morning and leave a little later after school by staying in the library. He was looking forward to their next meeting, but because he remembered the man saying that he was the school’s president, Joonmyun wasn’t too surprised they haven’t met again...

Until a couple weeks later.

Joonmyun gave up coming to school early and leaving late. He went back to his normal life of the guy with a perfect timing, a major nerd who hung with a small group of friends, and getting bullied from time to time. It was yet another one of his bad days, however. Life seriously couldn’t get better. Don’t you just want to smile at everyone you see, when you realize that you locker was vandalized with his own derp pictures and nasty words? Great. Just great.

“Someone looks attractive” Joonmyun’s hand stopped working on pulling out the photo cards and note cards. He recognized that voice; it’s the one that makes his heart beat faster than any other, and the one that will always be the cause of those deep shades of red on his cheeks. As he turned around, he was greeted with a bright smile that nearly sent him flying off the floor. Jesus, Cho Kyuhyun. “Do you know who did this to you? Would you like me to do something about it?”

Normally, if it was a different student council asking him this question, he would’ve flipped out on them. It was the council’s job to do anything they could do to help a student at trouble, and especially for a president to be asking him such question was a major disgrace...however, his heart had betrayed the rules and obligations. He shook his head instead as an answer and immediately went back to pulling out the notes, mainly pulling out the pictures first. It’s embarrassing enough to be blushing in front of Kyuhyun, and for him to see these derp pictures too? This is a great morning to start with. So, so, so great.

It seemed like Kyuhyun was going to say something, when a voice entered both of their conscience, causing their heads to whip around to find the source.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” The voice called, before erratic footsteps were heard, followed by a small figure running towards them from across the hallway. His uniform was different, which meant that he was either in the International classes or was completely from a different school. Upon seeing the school badge on his shirt however, it confirmed Joonmyun’s questioning look that the boy was actually from a nearby all-boys private school. As far as he knew, the bell to that school should’ve rang at least ten minutes ago. His eyes shifted off the the nearby clock that located above the sets of lockers next to him. 7AM...yeah, the bell to that school rang almost half an hour ago, even. Why’s he here?

“Sungmin? Why are you here, I thought you already went to-”

That was then things moved downhill for Joonmyun’s hopes and dreams. Without letting Kyuhyun even finish his sentence, this Sungmin boy stood up on his tiptoes and pressed his perfect lips against Kyuhyun’s own, turning soft little pecks into a passionate kiss. Not wanting to feel anymore of the awkwardness and pain, Joonmyun turned his head around and finished his business with the last couple notes off his locker before throwing them away at the nearest trash can around.

“Ah, annyeong! I’m Lee Sungmin, nice to meet you...Kim Joonmyun, right? Kyuhyun told me a lot about your articles that you write! I personally read them too, you see. They really interest me, especially the small little fictions you write! You're such an amazing writer, Joonmyun-ssi!” The boy named Sungmin suddenly said as Joonmyun was on his way back to his locker and unintentionally made eye contact with him. Sungmin was a pretty boy, with bleached blonde hair and a perfectly structured face that you could say was nearly like a girl. He was small, body wise and height wise, and because of that Sungmin looked even cuter next to Kyuhyun. He already took the guess that the two were in a relationship since their hands were held - no, intertwined. Honestly, he couldn't say anything bad about Sungmin. He already made a good reputation of himself, and Joonmyun knew he was a good man. Kyuhyun deserved Sungmin, of course. More than anyone else. More than him.

What happened to Joonmyun’s heart then?

Of course, they broke like they were meant to be, as always.

 

“That bastard!!” Kim Taeyeon, who had been relatively quiet this whole time, stood up from her seat and dropped the soft pillow that was once on her lap to the floor, along with the cookie crumbs that Joonmyun himself didn’t even realize when she got the cookie to start with. Everyone turned their attentions to her, and her eyebrows furrowed. The more she thought about the situation, the angrier she got. Joonmyun could only sit silently in his seat and look down at the floor. “How dare he do that! Doesn’t he know you like him?!”

“Of course he doesn’t, he didn’t tell the guy you . Sit back down and listen, would you?!” Naeun added, with a nodding Ryeowook right beside her. Taeyeon huffed in disappointment and flopped back down, her small self bouncing a bit on the cushion. Now that they have calmed down, Joonmyun sighed and rested his back against the backrest. Kyungsoo, who noticed that his friend had stopped talking, reached over and patted his knee.

“I understand now. You’re hurt, right?” Joonmyun nodded as an answer. “Well, you know...life must go on. Kyuhyun’s a nice guy, we all know that, right? I don’t think that he meant to hurt you with bringing Sungmin to the school. It seems that he didn’t even know his boyfriend was coming over to shadow since he was moving into our school...you’re not blaming this on any of them, are you?”

“Of course not, why would I? I’m not that unreasonable.” He muttered in response.

“What’re you gonna do now?” Ryeowook asked, his eyes showing much worry for his troubled friend. Joonmyun tilted his head and stared blankly at the coffee mugs on the table, before shrugging his shoulders in exhaustion. The squirrel-looking boy sighed and tucked his lower lip behind his teeth. Just when his phone started vibrating and he excused himself out of the room. Joonmyun only stared at Ryeowook who left for the front door in confusion. Usually, no one calls his phone. Well, he doesn’t see it often. Must be something pretty important.

“Was that his boyfriend calling?” Taeyeon asked, her eyes still staring at the door that closed down softly with a thud.

“I don’t know, I heard they broke up...his new boyfriend, maybe?” Naeun replied.

The four of them sat in silence. Only the sounds from the soft music playing from an iPod deck by the TV was playing music, and ironic enough, it was playing a song about how happy a relationship could be. Joonmyun scoffed at the song and reached over to turn it off. The only reason he hated his iPod was because it’s an ironic piece of that never plays the right song at the right time. Just about when the silence was about to make everything much more awkward than it already was, Ryeowook opened the door and walked inside, closing it down with his back pressed against it. There was a noticeable smile on his face that caused the four of those people left inside the room to narrow their eyes, shooting a glare at the boy. If this was an anime, this would be the part in which there were lightning lines sending in the air and burning Ryeowook into pieces...except, this is reality.

“Did you do something again, Kim Ryeowook?” Naeun was the first to speak. She had always usually been the first when it comes to situations like this; she’s a bit fierce if you really get to know her. But in overall, Naeun’s still a nice person...but the main problem everyone was dealing at the moment was Ryeowook’s grin. Joonmyun sat silently still, but questions were starting to ponder around in his head, and as soon as the door opened and someone stepped in, his heart dropped right out of his chest.

“Kim Joonmyun, I would like to introduce you to a friend of mine who just moved down to Seoul a couple days ago. He’ll be attending our school with us starting tomorrow. Everyone, I would like to introduce you to...Park Jungsoo.”

 

(to be continued)

__________________________________