chanyeol x sungmin ; one.

Project EX-J "

* Remember Me

Sometimes, the last thing you’d ever want your lover to do is to forget who you are. Sure, you’d probably say “Even if one day you forgot who I was, I’ll still be with you”, but when that time actually comes around...how many would really follow their words?

 
 
​__________________________________
 

Like any other normal day, it’s not a surprising thing to be walking by a house and seeing an old grandpa sitting on the floor, with a smiling grandma sitting in a chair while her beloved husband would put on socks for her...

But how different would it be for a couple of 30 year olds to be doing to same thing on a free Sunday morning?

 

 

“What’s your name?” His sweet voice was the same as ever as he asked me the same question that I’ve heard every single morning. Two times a day, even, if we happen to be doing a lot of things together that day. I didn’t answer, but only looked up at him with a sincere smile as I finished slipping the last side of his pink socks on.

 

 

You don’t remember me, but I remember you very well.
Your name is Lee Sungmin, your husband’s name is Park Chanyeol. You’re a nature lover. Your favorite color was pink and always had been pink.

 

“Hey, you.” Sungmin muttered between his lips and flopped onto the floor, poking the mahogany wood with a pout on his lips. “I wanna change clothes.”

“Then change clothes,” I replied, taking my eyes off the letters printed on a sports magazine. He only looked up at me, his pout deepening, followed by a sentence that I would never forget.

“There’s too much pink!”

“Pink’s your favorite color.”

“...Jjinja? Okay, I’ll go change.” As simple as that, and he left the living room for the closet. Such a cutie.

 

You have a midget feet of only size 6. You get cold way too easily even when the weather’s scalding hot, but you like iced beverages. You love spicy food like curries, but you don’t like green peas. And whenever it’s dinner time, you’ll always have to listen to me sing, or else you won’t eat.

 

“Yah,” Sungmin suddenly said as we both took our seats across from each other at the dining table, “Can you sing?”

I smiled and rested my arms on the table, humming softly as a certain boy looked down at his food. “Sing, not hum!” He demanded like a child, which only brought up a smile to my face.

 

You laugh easily. You’re a neat freak, and will always want to keep everything in the house clean, in which was why I always end up walking around with a broom or a dust brush. Or sometimes even carrying two sets of unused clothes to wash.

You’re a very funny person, but you nag about everything that you don’t like. You also sulk a lot when I do something wrong...

 

And you have a rare case of Alzheimer's that occurred to an individual at such a young age.

 

You were married on August 6th, 2001...and I still remember the words I said to you on the wedding day; that “I promise to take care of you from now our last breaths.”

 

A smile curled upon my lips as I approach the pink lover who sat by the window with a book in his hand. Silently, I stood in front of him and flashed him another smile, slowly reaching down to grab his hand and pulling him up. The book fell from his hands, but that didn’t matter. Sungmin only stared back at me without any words...other than soft laughters as we both danced around the living room with our hands entwined rightly. His fingers still fit perfectly between mine, just like the old days that we danced at the wedding. The way he smiled, laughed, and twirled knowingly as I raised our hands in the air, then back to his sincere smiles; I knew I fell deeply in love with him. And I know I won’t ever be getting out of here...but...I’m glad to stay here forever.

Even if it meant for me to make his bed after he wakes up, give the pink pillow a sweet kiss for when he comes back to sleep, water the plants so they stay alive for him to be happy, going out early in the morning to buy him breakfast or sometimes even burn my hands to make him breakfast, being the one to wash every single piece of clothing, hang the clothes to the clothesline then listen to him nag about things that don’t even make sense, laugh at his non-even-funny jokes, deal with him when he gets mad, stand the sudden memory losses during morning jogs (what he would do is stop running, turn to look at me and ask me... “Who..?!”, and when I’ll try to hold his hand, he’ll back away, then start nagging again), or buying unnecessary pink items...I’m more than glad to be doing so.

Even if it meant that every time we stop dancing as our melody ends, and him looking into my eyes with a blank expression before asking, “Who are you?”...I’ll be more than glad to stay with him forever.


 

 

“Are we going for a walk?” He asked me, my hands still trying to tie the rope on his running shoes. My eyes shifted up to him for a moment before my deep voice replied with a simple hum of, “Mm.”

“Aren’t you tired?” He asked again, tilting his head to the side and blinking his doe like eyes. I stopped my hands and slowly looked up at him with a wide smile, before my head shook with another declining hum as an answer.

 

I promised you I’ll take care of you forever, no matter how many times you’ll continue asking me who I was, I would still hold onto my promise.

Remember me, Lee Sungmin. I, Park Chanyeol, will love you forever.

 

__________________________________

 

dude. got emotional fast.