New Friends

Just My Luck!

----------------------------------
[1 NEW TEXT MESSAGE]

Soojin-ah... Sorry, about earlier.
I was just as confused as everyone else.
Let's meet up together after school okay?

- Minyoung
----------------------------------

Whatever Minyoung. Best friends don't do that to best friends. Besides how could you have been confused? You've known me for how many years, I've lost count. You know I wouldn't go off and randomly make out with somebody I don't even know. I scoffed and stuffed my cellphone back in my pocket.

I looked down at my schedule. I only had one more class left in the day, and it was the one I had been anticipating for a while. I looked down and searched for the room number... 201! Aha, that's right next to me! I turned around opened the door, thank goodness it wasn't locked too! I walked in to find around 5 girls stretching on the floor, and the teacher. The teacher finally noticed me and made her way towards me.

"You must be Park Soojin! Come with me, I'll introduce you to the class." she grabbed my hand and led me to the front of the choreography room. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror then looked at the other 5 girls. So pretty and tall. What was I..?

"Everyone, say hello to Park Soojin! She is a new student here, so please be nice and help her until she gets used to things alright?"

"Yes teacher." the class replied.

"Alright, well do you have your warm ups?" the teacher asked.

"Ah, yes, let me go change into them! I'll be right back!" I quickly walked out of the room and into the girl's changing room. The room was empty except for the sound of somebody showering. Who showers in the middle of the school day? There isn't any P.E class right now... Oh well, mind your own business Soojin! I quickly changed and walked out of the bathroom back inside the dance room. I sat down next to the five other girls and started stretching.

Were they mean too? Like the other girls I'd met at this school so far...?

"Hi, I'm Victoria! Nice to meet you!" the girl next to me said.

I turned around in surprise that someone was actually talking to me. She was way pretty. Had long brown hair, straight teeth, and the biggest eyes.. However, her Korean sounded kind of weird.

"Hi, I'm Soojin! Nice to meet you too~" I replied. Okay Soojin, don't cause any trouble here. You never know who might be working for that mean girl who tripped you.

"You're name is so pretty! I wish I had a Korean name..." she replied.

"You don't have a Korean name?" Hm, maybe she's a foreigner. No wonder her Korean sounded so weird.

"No, I am from China." she replied.

"China?!? Wow, that is cool!" I replied in awe. Maybe she wasn't so bad. Maybe, she was actually nice and wanted to be my friend...

"Haha, yeah. You're a new student, I hear? Must be hard right? I remember my first day..." her voice got gradually quieter at the end.

"Yeah, it's been sort of tough..."

She nodded and I took that as a sign that she must've understood how I felt. Maybe she went through the same things that I did. But that's impossible. She was pretty, tall, skinny, and could dance well. There was no way she could've been bullied too.

"Alright class, let's get started. We have to quickly learn this choreography for the school's art festival next week! Everyone stand up!"

We all stood up and waited to hear what the teacher would say.

"Okay, so what you are going to do first is raise this arm and put this arm over here. You are also going to bend your leg ---"

 

AFTER SCHOOL

Whew! The day was finally over! What a horrible first day actually. I frowned and looked down at my shoes. They were still soaking wet from being drenched earlier in the day. I looked around to see if Minyoung actually expected me to meet up with her, after what she did, and sure enough, she was standing right by the entrance... with three boys surrounding her. I scoffed and walked away in the other direction. There's gotta be another way to get out of this school right?

"Soojin-ssi!" I heard a voice shout from behind.

I turned and spotted Victoria waving at me! I laughed and made my way towards her.

"Hi! What's up?" I asked.

"I was just wondering if you could hang out. I've never really had a friend here and you seemed kind enough to talk to me..." she said awkwardly. She's never had a friend?

"Oh..." I thought about Minyoung. She was my best friend... but... after what she did, I wasn't so sure anymore.

"Sure!" I smiled. "Where were you planning on going?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I've been meaning to try out that new dukbukki restaurant across the street..."

My stomach growled at the sound of food. I hadn't gotten a chance to eat at lunch time.

"Sure! I haven't been there either! Let's go!" I smiled and grabbed her arm. We walked towards the entrance, where Minyoung was still standing. She seemed to have finally noticed me.

"Soojin-ah!" I heard her shout.

"Who's that?" Victoria asked.

"No idea." I said casually as we pushed the doors out into the open fresh air.

"Wah, it feels so good after being stuffed in that school for so long!" Victoria sighed.

"YAH Soojin-ah! Didn't you hear me shouting your name?" I heard again.

"I think that girl knows you..." Victoria-ssi said.

"It's a long story. Just ignore her for now. I'll tell you everything when we get to the restaurant."