Chapter 6

I will fight for your happiness

Chanyeol’s POV

Where is he? It’s been 2 days and he’s not back yet. The longer he’s away the more I wonder if he’s ever coming back... AISH NO KRIS IS NOT DEAD HE IS COMING BACK!

I sigh and roll off the bed and grab my guitar. While randomly brushing my fingers across the strings I sit down on my... no, Kris’s chair and let my mind drift off with whatever I’m playing. Kris disappeared. Did I do something wrong? I don’t remember doing anything wrong... but...

The rooms suddenly filled with a mash of my random guitar music and the sound of another familiar voice singing... that’s... Baekhyun singing? AH right my phone! That’s Baekhyun calling me for sure. I gently lean the guitar against the wall and walk over to my bed to answer my phone.

“Yae Baekky what’s up?”

“Yah! Are you ignoring us again? Didn’t you check your FB Inbox?”

“Ahh... No I didn’t log in recently. Why?”

“You? Didn’t log on to facebook?! I know you don’t reply to messages but you’re always online!”

“I know I know It’s just I wasn’t in the mood really...”

“You okay Chan? You sound... off.”

“Yeah I’m not feeling too good thes-“

“Stop bullting you’re perfectly fine so what’s bothering you hmm?”

“It’s nothing really... I’m not sure why I’m feeling down. It must be a teenage thing huh?”

‘It’s Kris!!!!’ my heart was screaming it so loud it was making it hard to lie to Baek.

“Yeah sure. Being a teenager is weird. *Sigh* Fine don’t tell me if you don’t want to, I’m sure you have your reasons. BUT WE ARE MEETING UP SOON! It’s already the middle of our vacation and you only hung out with us once...”

“Arra arra I’m sorry I’ll get back to being the awesome vitamin virus you all love!”

“Stop calling yourself that you’re the HAPPY VIRUS. Vitamin and awesome my .”

“Vitamin Virus sounds better and I. Am. Awesome.”

“Sure you are and I’m Batman! Go away now I’m going to go play Star Craft since you ditched me today.”

“When did you say anything about going out...”

“Go go you sulking sulkiness go be all sulky. I’m really going to get a shade fairer if I wait around for you to leave your room!”

“Yah don’t be like that Baek-“ greaaaaat! He hung up on me. Now I’m back to being alone. Really alone. This feels really wrong. I laid back down on my bed and scrolled through my music gallery a bit until I found the song I was looking for. It’s the song I set as Baekhyun’s caller tone. It’s the duet we did for a school performance. Having Baek singing on loop was much better than listening to silence... very loud silence.

I didn’t notice what time it was until Baek stopped singing. Phone died *sigh* and its dinner time. Scratching my head I made my way downstairs to grab something to eat and watch some TV. My mum was walking by when I missed a step. Everything else was just a blur after that and all I remember was my mum screaming and my left arm hitting the floor hard.

“HONEY! ARE YOU OKAY?!” my mum asked as she hovered over me and hastily checked if I was alright. All I could manage out was a mangled “ughhhh”.

“Did you break something? Can you stand up? Child why are you so clumsy my goodness what if you hit your head... wait did you hit your head?!?!”

“Ani ani I’m okay” I managed to say while sitting up again.

“Come on let’s get you an ice pack for that arm of yours.” I didn’t realize something was off until I saw someone help my mum to stand up. A rather dazzling lady who had just the slightest glow to her even with the lights switched on. How is this possible?!

When the lady helping my mother stood up and noticed me staring at her, she too stared back dumbfounded. “You...” she began but as soon as I tried to reach out to her, she was gone. She’s the second other angel, apart from Kris, that I saw. Wait who knows how many others I’ve seen I mean she looks totally normal! But I had never seen her before! Not even once! Not until I fell on my mum...

“Yeollie?” My mum’s voice cut through my train of thought. Train wreak more like. “Are you sure you’re okay? You look a little shaken up.”

“Uhh yeah I’m okay mum my arm hurts a bit let’s find some ice for it.”

With an ice pack held in position, the cold searing through my quickly bruising arm, I sat down on the couch and stared off at space. My dinner plate was on my lap getting cold and the ice was melting right down my arm, making a small wet patch on a cushion. My mind however was scattered all across the universe I guess. Why is it that I can see Kris? Why can I see any of these guardians? And why don’t I keep seeing them like I see Kris? Is it because of that rule thing Kris told me about some time ago? That’s right that has to be it! However the heck it is that I’m seeing angels, the rules apply to me as well... in some twisted format. I can’t see any other angels unless I put that guardians charge in harm’s way. That’s why I saw that dude’s guardian when I barrelled into him the other day. That’s why I saw my mum’s guardian when I toppled onto her just now. As soon as she was out of harm’s way, I no longer saw her angel. But then... why can’t I see Kris anymore... where is he?

Kris POV

I never expected to hear word of Chanyeol while I was up here. No, having to hear of Chanyeol while I was here would only mean that he died. From the whispers I was hearing along the corridors though I doubt it was that. There wouldn’t be any whispers if he was dead...

I made my way to the summons room once again to meet those idiots who insisted on keeping me here. Only, when I walked in, it was just Archail and I. He had the strangest expressions I had ever seen. It was a mix of panic and confusion.

“That human you were in charge of Kris... Something interesting has happened.” Archail began. ‘I already know that’ I wanted to retort but held back.

“He...” Archail paused trying to phrase his next sentence properly I suppose. Get on with it already! “Well he seems to have developed a strange talent. Unlike anything we’ve come across so far. The good news is nothing’s wrong with you. The bad news is...” What? WHAT? WHATS WRONG WITH CHANYEOL?!

“You’ll be sent back immediately to gather more information on him.” That’s it?

“Could I please know more regarding Chanyeol’s special... talent?” I asked tentatively. He’s not telling me something and if it means I have to protect him then I have to know what I have to deal with.

“It’s like I said... It’s unlike anything we’ve seen before. We got a report shortly after your first summons of a boy who saw one of our guardians down on earth. We had our doubts about it but then everything was made clear when Chanyeol’s mother’s guardian made a report of her own. Chanyeol had apparently seen her too. Quite frankly Chanyeol seems to possess the power to see us while blocking all communication between the guardians he sees on earth and us up in heaven. It’s like when he sees a guardian; he builds a force field around them, around him and the guardian. That field blocks out all communication with heaven.”

“So now he sees his mother’s guardian all the time as well? Does that mean I’ll see her?” This was strange. Throughout earth’s history there have been prophets who saw angels. But that was only when a messenger angel made himself visible to the prophet.

“I’m afraid not. Chanyeol sees a guardian only when he puts that guardians charge in harm’s way.”

“What do you mean by harm’s way?”

“Well... the first time Chanyeol saw a guardian other that you, he ran head first into that guardians charge. Smart move I must add since he was being chased by a demon at the time but-“

“WHEN WAS THIS?!” These bastards had me up here while Chanyeol was down on earth without a guardian. That boy attracts enough danger without even trying!

Archail simply raised an eye brow before continuing. Probably due to my outburst but he can deal with it. “As I was saying, Chanyeol saw the guardian but then ran away soon after. This happened a few minutes after we summoned you. And then the second time around he fell off the stairs onto his mother. He’s lucky he didn’t kill her or himself in the process.”

I clenched my fists to try and keep my anger from boiling over. Chanyeol. needs. his ing. Guardian! For more reasons than those of the supernatural kind! I could have caught him! I could have made sure he watched his step!

“When do you plan on letting me go back Archail?” I asked simply, trying not to sound too pissed.

“As soon as I’m done telling you the following. For one, you will be summoned every Sunday to keep us updated. You won’t be given a formal request you just will be brought back up here once the boy has fallen asleep at night. Secondly, you will watch over him and see if he’s got any other... talents. We need to study him very closely so we can make sense of his powers. No words have come from above about a new prophet so it’s not like he’s destined to be one either. For now we need to know everything he sees, hears, feels and if there’s any dark power lingering within or around him, that’s causing his sudden change.”

“I assure you no outer darkness will get anywhere near him Archail.”

“I have faith in your abilities Kris; you are after all a war angel. For now, this is all. Come Sunday you will hopefully have more information for us. Good bye Kris”

And just like that, even before I could tell him goodbye, I was standing outside Chanyeol’s room door. It was dark already, what time was it? What day was it even? Tentatively I placed a hand on the door knob before turning it, ever so slowly. Why am I even using the door?

Chanyeol was on his bed, turned towards his window. Was he asleep?

“Pabo-sshi?”

Chanyeol’s breathing stilled and he very slowly turned around to face me. When I saw his face I felt terrible. His hair was dishevelled, eyes swollen and dark circles surrounded them, visible even through the dim moonlight filtering through his windows.

“Chanyeol-ah I’m sorry I-“

Before I got to finish my sentence the boy engulfed me in a tight hug and rested his chin on my shoulder. He hugged me so hard so fast I had to take a step back to stabilize myself.

“I’m...”

“Shut up Hyung and don’t you dare leave me like that again!”

I wrapped my arms around his back and hugged him back.

“I won’t and I’m sorry”


I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY THIS TOOK 2 MONTHS! ಥ_ಥ AND HAPPY NEW YEAR~ 

Why was I being a terrible author? Well my work decided it wanted to screw me over and over work me. As always. Gotta love being a journalist >_> Anyways my New Years resolution is to take ALL MY ALLOCATED LEAVE FOR THE YEAR! yeah vacations are none existant for a journalist unless you fight for them tooth and bone. I'll update this soon too, work's still being a *sigh* But while I was away... Exo... and the new christmas album... and them suspenders O_O How did we survive the Miracles in December promotions O_O and its really hard to keep writing about kris as this cool war angel when he just goes and...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

OTL WHY GALAXY WHY?!