Chapter 7

I will fight for your happiness

  Alright let’s try something new. I tried to avoid writing for a bit because my life is a mess but this story won't let me be. It's had enough of me locking it up. I actually wrote this on Sunday but we had a power cut and my laptops battery life lasts about 10 seconds? So I just hurriedly saved it before my laptop died and got into work thereafter. Sorry I'm so late if anyone was still expecting an update from this pabo writer T_T Also I’m sorry there will be typos. Lots of em I’m sure.


Three Months Later

Kris POV

"So what you're trying to tell us Kris is that nothing has changed? That this human boy who created quite the ruckus has neither gained newer abilities nor lost this thing he has already?" Mirael repeated what I've been telling them ever since they started this stupid weekly summon. They were getting tired of hearing it I could tell but that's just what it was. Chanyeol was able to see me, and any other angel in charge of a human Chanyeol threatens, but that was it. He wasn't "going blind" either to seeing angels like he should be. Were the Generals expecting him to suddenly wake up one day and be blind again? Or were they hoping he'll sprout wings suddenly and ascend before them? Whatever they were thinking they've had enough of waiting.

"He's hiding something, Archail, I know it!" Theareal boomed, clearly not bothered that the "he" he was referring to was right in front of him. What was I to them anyway, merely a humiliated war angel turned guardian. 

"We don't know what is wrong with the human to even think that Kris is lying. I'm sure he's told us everything and its best we have him monitor the boy instead of wasting our time. Kris you may go, we'll see you soon."

Once again, in the blink of an eye, I was back in Chanyeol’s room. It was exhausting how quick the weeks went by, already I've had 11 meetings with the Generals, only to report the same thing, "No Change." Chanyeol was sitting on his bed, fully awake and waiting for me to come back. The brat never slept on Sundays now, knowing I'll be gone. He caught me gone the very first week and insisted he stayed up, just to see me "disappear in sparkly flames." Tsk, this kid. Sure enough as soon as I "reappeared in sparkly flames, he was watching me, ready to pounce. 

"HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG YOU'RE BAAAAACK!!!!!" He screamed (or in his case simply said with enthusiasm enough to wake his neighbors) as he jumped off the bed and tackled me into a mix between a death grip and a hug. I fell to the ground this time since he didn't quite wait until the "sparkly flames" were fully off my feet. We landed in a heap of limbs and mutual "oomfs." Lying there under the overgrown boy man thing I was supposed to protect, I wondered if he should have been born a Labrador instead. "How did it go hyung? Did thay scold you? Am I in trouble? Did they find out anything about me? Have I been good? Wait are you okay hyung?!?! Why are you not responding hyung?! HYUNG?! OH MY GOODNESS HYUNG TALK TO ME!!!!"

I had to slap a hand over his mouth before he woke his parents up already and I used that gesture to push him off of me before he got any closer to my face. "Calm down Chanyeolah your parents are asleep! As should you be!" That shut him up as always as he stood up off the floor and marched back onto the bed. But he didn't lie down, he just kept bouncing up and down on his bed, with a goofy smile plastered across his face. "Soooo?" 

"I told them that I’m resigning my post as your guardian Chanyeol, you're too much for me to handle. I don’t –“ I was only joking, I didn't expect him to over react so much but then what was I expecting. Here I was again in a mix of a death grip and a hug as I crashed back down onto the ground with an “oomf” and a gigantic baby on top of me looking like he was about to cry for a century. 

"HYUNG DON'T LEAVE ME I'M SORRY WHAT DID I DOOOO!!!!"

"SHHHHHH your parents! I was joking! Stop crying!"

He just stopped, blinked, and then whacked me on the arm as he got off the ground and went back to the bed. "You hyung I'm going to sleep."

Chanyeols POV

My final exams were right around the corner, literally, it was next week and I was panicking. I'm normally pretty average in my results but ever since Kris was in School with me, I'm always distracted. Baekhyun thinks I’m in love and will not shut up about it. I wonder if Baek would get along with Kris, if they could see each other that is. Which is the other thing that's been keeping me from studying. Why can I see angels? It's weird and creepy at times but Kris is a pretty cool angel so I'm okay with it for now. But it keeps nagging me at the back of my head, why? Like seriously why? It's so weird and it's not something humans can do now. I totally get why God got rid of that little visibility thing I mean Angels are VERY HOT! Like that one lady angel I came across because I accidently tripped her charge on the hallway, wow! Just WOW! And there’s Kris who is basically a Greek statute walking around and he looks so... wait no. Not gay Chanyeol you’re not gay. But I was thinking the other day about him and just Wow. I'm just really glad no one else can see him because I’d probably look like a weird tall elf next to him. He's PERFECT! But yes what was I thinking again? Oh right finals. Without really thinking what I was doing I slammed my forehead on the table, stopping every conversation around me. 

Baekhyun tapped me on the back and asked me if I was dead and I let him know I was okay. "Then what the hell is wrong with you? You’ve been zoning out all week and then slamming your head on the table like there’s a magnetic connection between the two of you! She broke up with you didn't she?"

"Huh? Who what? Wait no Baek I told you I'm not dating anyone!"

"I'll believe you when you start acting like yourself again looser. Now what's wrong?"

"Finals." I said with a sigh.

"Chanyeolah you're having trouble studying?" Yixing asked in his accented Korean. I just simply nodded without taking my head of the table still.

"Want me to help you then? You can come over today to study for a bit if you want?" I looked up so quick my head felt light but I just kept staring at Yixing like I didn't believe he just said that. Yixing, Zhang Yixing, the top of our class. "YESSSSSSSSTHANKYOUUUUUU" I burst out while giving him my biggest smile.

He just simply nodded while giving me his signature dimpled smile and let me know that he'll be outside my class after school ends to take me to his place. It was odd that he wanted me to come over though, he almost always just comes over to my place. Yixing lives alone in a single apartment because he's an exchange student from China. So is Luhan and Tao but Yixing's a brilliant kid. He's good in his studies, the only equal to Jonginnies dancing skills, which are idol grade skills, and the purest little snowflake in all of Korea. He's honestly lost most of the time but he's super friendly and kind and funny too so we all just simply love the guy. But yeah, he lives alone and his apartment’s normally a mess. He could hide a dead body in there and probably forget he left one there. It's a cool apartment though. Totally modernized and sound proof. Perfect for all the blaring music he plays to practice dance.

Sure enough at the end of the day, he was there outside my classroom. We walked home in silence for a while before Kris grabbed my hand. I pretended I had to tie my shoelace as Kris crouched beside me and started whispering.

"Chanyeol how long have you known Yixing?" 

"Why are you whispering?" I mouthed to him as I watched Yixing walk ahead of me.

"How long?!" he mouthed back.

I raised 2 fingers and mouthed back "years".

"Be careful" was all he managed to say before Yixing turned around to look at me. I just waved at him to let him know I'm almost done. I caught up to him soon after and he kept looking at me.

"Chanyeolah are you that nervous about finals? You don't look like our happy virus these days."

"Vi-ta-min virus hyung and yeah, I guess I am."

"Don't worry I’ll teach you well~" He said as he smiled up at me. I couldn’t help but smile back and drag out my happy “nae~”. But then I remembered Kris’s words and really looked at the guy. He was adorable as always yes but he did look a liiiiittle different. Maybe he was stressed out too though?


Look it's a unicorn! I just realized I've written 17K+ words. This was suppoed to be a one shot oh my god! Oh and yeah. Overdose. That thing was showcased live. And the videos have still not been uploaded. So yeah. Slightly feeling like a drug addict who ran out of my drugs now... If they don't release the video at least tomorrow someone might really have to call a doctor.