Chapter 3

I will fight for your happiness

This chapter is mostly going to be an apology to everyone. I won't be able to update for a weee bit since work, studies and a distant family member's funeral has kept me away from writing. I wanted to write a little bit more for this chapter but I'm brain dead already *sigh* I'm sorry. Chogum kidariyeyo~ wait a bit~ Krisyeol will be back. Also I seriously hope Krisyeol WILL be together for their birthday T_T or atleast in the comeback and the new variety show T_T Chanyeol-ah please come back soon and don't whack too many wild animals with your guitar T_T Thank you all for subscribing and up voting and viewing and commenting and i love you all ^_^

 

 

 

Kris’ POV

I waited patiently until Chanyeol came back from his shower. I kept holding my breath hoping by the time he came back I would have gone back to being invisible to him. When he came back out he stared right at me and nodded. I couldn’t help but let out an exasperated breath. WHY CAN HE SEE ME? WHAT DID I DO OR WHAT CHANGED IN HIM?! I shut my eyes tightly and let out a groan.

“Oh are you hurt Kris? Did I do something? I’m sorry I’m so sorry if I did something wrong I didn’t mean to make you weak!!!!!” with every moment Chanyeol’s voice became louder with worry and I had no idea what this crazy person was saying.

“What are you going on about? I’m not hurt and did you just call me weak?!”

“NO! OH MY GOSH NO! You’re not weak I didn’t call you weak it’s just that... my mum said...”

“How did you tell your mum? WHAT DID YOU TELL HER?!” how on earth did this boy get out of the room when I was watching him intently? Or rather I was watching his bathroom door... did he sneak out that little window? No wait he wouldn’t fit in there...

“No I didn’t tell her anything about you but... she told me a story when I was young. You remember the story right? From when I was 4 something?” when I just kept staring at him blankly he continued. “You know the one about how when humans do bad things it makes angels sick? So I thought when you groaned that I had done something wrong...” Chanyeol was intently looking down at his feet by now and his sentence ended up nearly in a whisper. Whatever his mum had told him didn’t surprise me at all. What’s surprising however is that this boy still remembers the tale from 14 years ago. And he still believed it...

“Chanyeol, first off no, I didn’t groan because I got weaker. If I did I would have fallen dead when you lied to Baekhyun. But no I’m still here and I’m not feeling sick or weak or anything. Secondly I wouldn’t remember the tale your mother told you since I wasn’t here at that time. You had... someone else taking care of you back then...”

“YOU MEAN I KILLED MY FORMER GUARDIAN ANGEL?! OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?” Chanyeol was literally flailing his long arms by now and passing around his room in circles. He had on such a horrified face I had to physically step into his horror circle and stop him. When he calmed down and looked back up at me with tearful eyes I could only sigh and look away. This boy is too innocent for his own sanity and I can’t bear the sight of him crying.

“Chanyeol the story your mother told you is a lie. It’s just a story she told you to keep you from being a bad kid I guess. It’s not true.”

“But...”

“What exactly happened to your former guardian, I’m not too sure of. But from what I was told before they assigned me to you, was that he was killed while protecting you.” just then a tear streaked down from his left eye and before I knew it my hand reached out to catch it.

“How do you kill an angel?” he asked with a trembling voice.

“You... can’t... at least no human can. The one who killed your former guardian was an evil spirit. There are millions of evil spirits in the world and some are stronger than the others.”

“Did you know him? What was his name? I didn’t even know he died... when did that even happened?”

“I didn’t know him nor did I know his name. But I do know when he died though. Do you remember 2 years ago you got into a freak accident?” I knew I shouldn’t have brought this topic up but it was the only way I could explain things. I saw the boy visibly pale and his aura turn dark.

Chanyeol’s POV

“Do you remember 2 years ago you got into a freak accident?” Kris said and I felt my blood run cold. That accident was still pretty fresh in my mind. I tried my very best to forget about that accident and I actually managed to put it behind me until just now. Slowly I gulp down the lump that’s forming in my throat and nod.

“Sit down Chanyeol you don’t look so good.” I did as he said and went to my bed, settling down with my back pressed against the headrest and my knees drawn up to my chest. Kris flipped on the lights and made his way to the bed, sitting down on the edge before continuing.

“That incident was caused by an evil spirit. That pestilence caused the taxi you were riding to flip over and while your angel was busy saving you from getting mortally wounded, as did the driver’s angel, the evil spirit drove his nails through your guardian’s heart. That’s why you were perfectly unharmed until you crawled out of the car and the windows shattered.”
He was right, I was uninjured and I pried the upside down car’s door open, letting me crawl out safely. And then suddenly all the windows shattered sending a million little daggers my way. A particular piece of glass stabbed me in my right side and I unconsciously touched the area while remembering the pain. A soft hand enveloped mine and I snapped out of my flashback to see Kris was taking my hand away from me and putting it back on to the bed.

“Those windows shattered when your angel died but he managed to get the evil spirit before he died.” A million thoughts... loud voiced clouded my mind just then like the people at the stock market did. Each thought was screaming inside my brain but one thought in particular was deafeningly loud.
“WHY DIDN’T THE DRIVERS GUARDIAN STOP THE EVIL SPIRIT?” I screamed, startling myself and a very worried looking Kris just then.

“Umm... h-he... didn’t know...”

What? How on earth didn’t the angel know? That’s stupid! “What do you mean he didn’t know?”

“He... we all... I’m not even sure I should be telling you this but when we’re on earth we can’t see other angels. The only angels we can see are the superiors who appoint us to be guardians. Other angels can’t see our superiors though unless they want them to see....”

“But he surely saw the other evil spirit as well right?” I said trying to understand what Kris just said but failing.

“We only see and we will only hear the evil spirits among the humans who want to harm our charge. This means I will only see an evil spirit that wants to harm you. I can’t do anything about the evil spirits or the angels in charge of other people because I cannot see them.”

“Why are you all so blind?” I whispered and looked away, afraid I would offend Kris but mostly afraid that I would start crying again.

“Because a long time ago a group of angels formed a pack on earth and did a lot of bad things. They were the reason God sent the great flood which wiped off almost all life on Earth. Since then God took away our ability to see each other on earth as a precaution.”

I just stayed silent and tried to understand everything Kris said. I didn’t understand much of it but didn’t want to ask anything else. About an hour passed... I don’t know I think it was an hour? And Kris and I stayed as we were without really moving. Me leaning against the bed and Kris seated on the edge. Soon I realized my eyes were drooping shut and Kris gently guided me under the covers and tucked me in. It felt so normal to me and that thought tugged at my brain a bit but I was too exhausted to think anymore. I closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep but before I did I heard a soothing whisper wish me a good night.

 

My goodness this was short! Mianhae~~!!!