Chapter 8

I will fight for your happiness

 

Kris POV

I watched Chanyeol walk up ahead of me and something felt wrong. Very very wrong but I couldn’t say what. I’ve felt this way ever since Yixing picked up Chanyeol from his classroom. Now they were walking down a spacious hallway to Yixings room. A room he had to himself with sound proof walls. My mind was racing at all the negative possibilities that could happen in there. There was something about Yixing that I hadn’t noticed before. Sure he was an adorable kid but he seemed different somehow. Like he had an unsettling aura to him that I couldn’t see. Thinking of things I couldn’t see, a thought crossed my mind. What if Chanyeol were to accidently go hurtling towards Yixing? I won’t let any harm come to either one of them for sure but I did however want to figure something out. I warned Chanyeol already to be on his guard so i knew he would be focussing on a lot of things other than his stability so i swiftly overtook him and placed a foot in his path. Chanyeol’s foot hit my ankle and he ‘accidently’ went hurtling towards Yixing. They managed not to go crashing down to the floor on their own without my help but what caught my eye was that there was no one else in the hallway now. Where was Yixings guardian?

Chanyeol sent me a death glare before continuing his apologies for being so clumsy over and over again. Warning bells were ringing loud and clear as we had arrived in front of Yixings door but before i could grab Chanyeols arm, he had already walked in. That was when i saw it, that faint flicker of black in Yixing’s eyes as he looked at me, dead in the eye. ! On impulse i lurched forward to grab Chanyeol but i didn’t notice the thin oil circle on the floor i was stepping into.

Almost instantly Yixing bent down and ignited the holy oil trap. The flames surrounded me and nearly caught my outstretched hand. Chanyeol shrieked and stumbled back, further into the apartment. ing holy oil! Seriously?  ! Igniting holy oil around an angel effectively traps an angel. The flames, if touched have the ability to kill an angel and unfortunately for Chanyeol, i was an impulsive idiot! Over the flames i noticed more movement in the direction Chanyeol was in and saw Yixing striding right up to him and yanking him up to his feet by his hair. With wide watery eyes i saw Chanyeol looking at me, pleading for me to help him. I would jump out of the fire if it wasn’t a futile

Kris POV

I watched Chanyeol walk up ahead of me and something felt wrong. Very very wrong but I couldn’t say what. I’ve felt this way ever since Yixing picked up Chanyeol from his classroom. Now they were walking down a spacious hallway to Yixings room. A room he had to himself with sound proof walls. My mind was racing at all the negative possibilities that could happen in there. There was something about Yixing that I hadn’t noticed before. Sure he was an adorable kid but he seemed different somehow. Like he had an unsettling aura to him that I couldn’t see. Thinking of things I couldn’t see, a thought crossed my mind. What if Chanyeol were to accidently go hurtling towards Yixing? I won’t let any harm come to either one of them for sure but I did however want to figure something out. I warned Chanyeol already to be on his guard so I knew he would be focussing on a lot of things other than his stability so I swiftly overtook him and placed a foot in his path. Chanyeol’s foot hit my ankle and he ‘accidently’ went hurtling towards Yixing. They managed not to go crashing down to the floor without my help but what caught my eye was that there was no one else in the hallway now. Where was Yixings guardian?

Chanyeol sent me a death glare before continuing his apologies for being so clumsy over and over again. Warning bells were ringing loud and clear as we had arrived in front of Yixings door but before I could warn Chanyeol, he had already walked in. Yixing was holding the door open for Chanyeol when I saw it, that faint flicker of black in Yixing’s eyes as he looked at me, dead in the eye. ! Yixing shut the door and locked it at lightning speed so on impulse I lurched forward to grab Chanyeol but I didn’t notice the thin oil circle on the floor I was stepping into.

Almost instantly Yixing bent down and lit the holy oil trap. The flames surrounded me and nearly caught my outstretched hand. Chanyeol shrieked and stumbled on to the floor, further into the apartment. ing holy oil! Seriously?  ! Igniting holy oil around an angel effectively traps an angel. The flames, if touched have the ability to kill an angel and unfortunately for Chanyeol, I was an impulsive idiot! Over the flames I noticed more movement in the direction Chanyeol was in and saw Yixing striding right up to him and yanking him up to his feet by his hair. With wide watery eyes I saw Chanyeol looking at me, pleading for me to help him. I would jump out of the fire if it wasn’t a futile suicide mission. Instead I unsheathed my blade and channelled all my anger into my voice. “WHO THE ARE YOU?”

If anything, Chanyeol was the only one in the room who flinched at my voice. I wreaked my brains to think up a solution to this ing fire pit I was stuck in. I needed to help Chanyeol and I needed to kill. Yes kill that ing demon that dared to touch Chanyeol. But what?! I can’t even get close to the flames without my skin sizzling!

Yixings faint voice travelled through the crackling of the fire, “I don’t blame you new blood to not recognize me. I am after all in borrowed clothes.” With that he gestured down at himself with his free hand while he yanked Chanyeol’s head back sharply, I could have sworn Chanyeol nearly snapped his neck just then. He was gripping at Yixings hands so fervently, trying to free his hair, his fingers were white.

When I didn’t answer, Yixing just raised and eyebrow and began walking closer to the fire. “Hi, I’m the Angel of Restoration but you can call me Lay.”

I took a step back in shock. The Angel of Restoration? I had heard about him, through whispered stories among the war angels. The Angel of Restoration had fallen, swearing allegiance to Lucifer. And here he was, in front of me.

“What do you want from me” I asked, not understanding anything that was happening now.

“You? Oh no my dear I’m not here for you. I’m here for the boy. He... he just smells so ravishing doesn’t he?” he gave a humourless chuckle then before smiling longingly at Chanyeol. The way he looked at Chanyeol, as if he were some kind of meal, made my vision seethe with pure white rage. How DARE he lay a finger on Chanyeol! By this point Chanyeol had given up trying to free his hair and had begun pushing fruitlessly at Yixings side. There were clear trails of tears flowing from his large eyes at this point, frightened beyond any level I’ve seen.

“... Although you, Kris, have been quite helpful in my experimenting I must say. “

“What?”

“Oh you still didn’t do the math? Pity, these new bloods are quite stupid.” He said with a dismissive wave of his hand. “Let me walk you through it.” he said as if speaking to a child. “Who am I? The Angel of Restoration. Right, so what do I do? I restore things. I heal the injured, I help lands regain their fertility, I help civilizations continue when faced with difficulty. That sort of thing. But ever since I changed over to the side of freedom, I’ve been restoring whatever the I like. For example, I restored little Chanyeol’s ability to see angels and returned you back to angel stone age when you didn’t have prissy assed generals to monitor your every ing breath. Yes... you’re welcome for that.”

“Impossible” I said out loud instantly. This was a load of bull. The order to get rid of mans ability to see angels was directly from god. No angel should be able to restore something that powerful! And on top of that, to be able to change my very being? I wasn’t ever created when the angels roamed the earth. So how did he make me one of them?!

“Oh you’re probably thinking how I can’t possible defy God. Well boo-hoo little idiot, it wasn’t God who got rid of mans ability to see angels. Neither was it God who took away your ability to go incognito down here. Yes he did decree it to be but your stuck up generals up in heaven did the deed themselves. Or have they not been telling you guys everything? About how they made it a law that every angel give up what little will they did have so that they can breathe down your backboneless necks! Now if you would excuse me, I have a human to possess. This meat suit I’m in is boring.” With that he turned away from me and flung Chanyeol straight off his feet to the wall. Chanyeol flew through the air, almost as if he were a pillow, before crashing into the wall with a loud thunk and then proceeding to land on a table, crushing against countless glass ornaments. I saw him roll off the table, his right arm and side beginning to bleed profusely. ing hell! I saw Yixi- no... Lay walk up to Chanyeol’s slumped body.

This wasn’t good. I looked around me to see if there was some place the oil ring was interrupted, even just a little gap would mean I could pass through the fire, flaming never the less, but with enough time to ram my sword through Lays back! As I frantically searched every single inch of the oil ring, a faint “Kris” caught my attention back. I snapped my head just in time to see Chanyeol try to get back up onto his feet. He was trembling, clearly not strong enough, but Lay just let him try. Once Chanyeol stood, he looked at me directly. “The fire?”

Lay clapped his hand beside Chanyeol with a sudden “Aha! Yes”. He grabbed Chanyeol by the back of his shirt and flung him back towards the fire. Chanyeol’s face landed just half a foot away from the flames and his head collided with the tiled floor with a resounding crack.

Chanyeol’s POV

I landed heavily on the floor, my body not quite reacting fast enough to break the fall, right in front of the fire. I wasn’t sure what was wrong with Yixing exactly but I was pretty sure it had something to do with a possession. At first I thought it was a demon but then this Lay person started speaking. I never knew angels could possess people!!! I tried to push myself off the floor and looked up at the fire in front of me. Kris was on the ground, kneeling and peering at me through the flames. My whole body felt like it was broke, my head especially, so when I tried to crawl towards Kris, it came as no surprise that a sharp pain shot up through my leg, starting at my left ankle.

“Chanyeol don’t get near the fire!” Kris screamed frantically as his eyes darted in every direction, clearly trying to figure out a way to get out. My mind was getting very fuzzy from all the pain but I tried to crawl again. Lay grabbed me from the back of my neck and nearly flung my face right at the fire. I couldn’t help the scream that escaped my lips when my leg was jostled again.

“Do you see this fire?” I heard Lay speak directly into my ear. “That’s holy oil. You humans use it for so many mundane things like blessing the sick. Did you ever know how powerful it was when it was on fire?” Lay dragged my face right up to the flames, until I could feel the sting of heat from the flames, all over my face and especially in my eyes. The flames danced lazily and I got the faint smell of hair burning. Sure enough, the tips of my hair were touching the very edge of the fire wall. “It kills angels you know.” Lay drawled lazily. “This fire ring. Any angel who tries to get out of it, even touch it, will die.”

“What about me?” I asked before I could really think it though. My neck felt like it was going to snap from the grip Lay had on it and my arms were beneath me, pinned down by my own weight.

A clear laugh rang out over my head, the sting from the heat increasing on my face. “You get burnt of course stupid child. It’s oil so the flames will likely stick to your skin. Why? Would you like me to cover you in it and set you on fire? I don’t quite need your meat suit after I’ve your soul out. I could still...”

I blocked him out from his blabbering as I very slowly moved my right arm from under myself. Before I could stretch it out over the flames, a hand came crashing down on the middle of my arm, effectively pressing down the shards of glass that were sticking out of it. The pain shot up though me like I was electrocuted and I wished I passed out but I didn’t and I couldn’t. The scream that escaped me made Kris nearly fling himself through the fire.

“Think you’re very smart now don’t you little one?” Lay said, shifting all his weight on my arm. “It would be prudent if you obeyed me like you do that oppressive God you follow and not infuriate me anymore.” He made his point clear by rubbing his hand down on the glass shards until I felt a few cracking under the pressure.

The pain was so blinding I could feel myself drifting away. I tried to focus on Kris from across the flames and I noticed he was backing up, sword outstretched, almost as if he were planning on jumping. No... Kris can’t jump. Hyung will die! Just as i tried to look up at Kris I saw him bracing himself to jump through the fire. I gathered up all the strength I had left and moved my left hand from beneath me. Lay was too busy holding down my right hand and my neck to notice my left hand shoot out and swipe at the flames in front of me. I felt the fire stick onto my skin and ignite instantly but not before I realized the flames had shifted off the floor and onto me. Just as my skin ignited I saw Kris pass over through the break in the fire ring and kick Lay off of me. I rolled onto my back and swung my arm as much as I could try to keep my arm from burning. I could smell flesh burning and I barely had any energy left in me to properly put out the fire but I flailed never the less. A loud crash caught my attention and just as I turned my head I saw Kris being held down by his neck and on his knees. Lay had pinned him against the wall and was holding his neck and the arm Kris had his sword in. Kris had the sword aimed at Yixings chest... wait no! That’s still Yixing!! “Kris!!!” I cried out.
The distraction had both Kris and Lay turning towards me and in that moment Kris flung his sword to his other hand. As I screamed “Yixing” Kris drove the sword right through Yixings middle, the sword coming up on the other side of his body. The last thing I saw and heard before I passed out from all the pain was an ear splitting screech from Yixing and what looked like a lot of sunlight escaping from Yixings wounds and mouth. Almost as if someone lit a 1000 megawatt light inside a carved pumpkin on Halloween.

suicide mission. Instead i unsheathed my blade and channelled all my anger into my voice. “WHO THE ARE YOU?”

if anything, Chanyeol was the only one in the room who flinched at my voice. I wreaked my brains to think up a solution to this ing fire pit i was stuck in. I needed to help chaneol and i needed to kill. Yes kill that ing demon that dared to touch Chanyeol. but what?! I can’t even get close to the flames without my skin sizzling!

Yixings faint voice travelled through the crackling of the fire, “I don’t blame you new blood to not recognize me. I am after all in borrowed clothes.” With that he gestured down at himself with his free hand while he yanked chanyeols head back sharply, i could have sworn Chanyeol nearly snapped his neck just then. He was gripping at yixings hands so fervently, trying to free his hair, his fingers were white.

When i didn’t answer, Yixing just raisend and eye brow and began walking closer to the fire. “Hi, I’m the angel of restoration but you can call me Lay.”

I took a step back in shock. The angel of restoration? I had heard about him, through whispered stories among the war angels. The angel of restoration had fallen, swearing allegiance to Lucifer. And here he was, in front of me.

“what do you want from me” I asked, not understanding anything that was happening now.

“You? oh no my dear i’m not here for you. I’m here for the boy. He... he just smells so ravishing doesn’t he?” he gave a humourless chuckle then before smiling longingly at chanyeol. the way he looked made my vision seethe with pure white anger. How DARE he lay a finger on Chanyeol! by this point Chanyeol had given up trying to free his hair and had begun pushing fruitlessly at yixings side. There were clear trails of tears flowing from his large eyes at this point, clearly frightened beyond any level i’ve seen.

“... although you, kris, have been quite helpful in my experimenting i must say. “

“What?”

“oh you still didn’t do the math? Pity, these new bloods are quite stupid.” He said with a dismissive wave of his hand. “Let me walk you through it.” he said as if speaking to a child. “Who am i? The angel of restoration. Right, so what do i do? Is restore things. I heal the injured, i help lands regain their fertility, i help civilizations continue when faced with difficulty. That sort of thing. But ever since i changed over to the side of freedom, i’ve been restoring what ever the i like. For example, i restored little chanyeol’s ability to see angels.”

“impossible” i said out loud instantly. This was a load of bull. The order to get rid of humans abilty to see angels was directly from god. No angel should be able to restore something that powerful!

“Oh you’re probably thinking how i can’t possible defy God. Well boo hoo little idiot, it wasn’t God who got rid of mans ability to see angels. Yes he did decree it to be but your stuck up generals up in heaven did the deed themselves. Or have they not been telling you guys everything? Now if you would excuse me, i have a human to possess. This meat suit i’m in is boring.” With that he turned away from me and flung Chanyeol straight off his feet to the wall. Chanyeol flew through the air, almost as if he were a pillow, before crashing into the wall with a loud thunk and then proceeding to land on a table, crushing his side against countless glass ornaments. I saw him roll off the table, his right arm and side beginning to bleed profusely. ing hell! I saw Yixi- no, lay walk up to chanyeols slumped body.

This wasn’t good. I looked around me to see if there was some place the oil was inturptred, even just a little gap would mean i could pass through the fire, flaming never the less, but with enough time to ram my sword through lays back! As i frantically searched every singe inch of the oil ring, a faint “kris” caught my attention back. I snapped my head just in time to see Chanyeol try to get back up onto his feet. He was trembling, clearly not strong enough, but lay just let him try. Once Chanyeol stood, he looked at me directly. “The fire?”

Lay clapped his hand beside Chanyeol with a sudden “Aha! Yes”. He grabbed Chanyeol by the back of his shirt and flung him back towards the fire. Chanyeols face landed just half a foot away from the flames and  he bearly managed to break the fall with his bleeding hands.

Chanyeol’s POV

I landed with a thunk, my body not quite reacting fast nough, right in front of the fire. I wasn’;t sure what was wrong with Yixing exactly but i was pretty sure it had something to do with a possession. At first i thought it was a demon but then this lay person started speaking. I never knew angels could possess people!!! I tried to push myself off the floor and looked up at the fire in front of me. Kris was on the ground, kneeling and perring at me through the flames. My whole body felt like it was broke, my head especially, so when i tried to crawl towards kris, it came as no suprise that a sharp pain shot up through my leg, starting at my left ankle.

“Chanyeol don’t get near the fire!” Kris screamed frantically as his eyes darted in every direction, clearly trying to figure out a way to get out. My mind was getting very fuzzy from all the pain but i tried to crawl again. Lay grabbed me from the back of my neck and nearly flung my face right at the fire. I couldn’t help the scream that escaped my lips when my leg was jostled again.

“do you see this fire?” i heard lay speak directly into my ear. “that’s holy oil. You humand use it for so many mundane things like blessing the sick. Did you ever know how powerful it was when it was on fire?” lay dragged my face right up to the flames, until i could feel the unbareble sting of heat from the flames, all over my face and  especially in my eyes. The flames danced lazily and i got the faint smell of hair burning. Sure enough, the tips of my hair was touching the very edge of the fire wall. “it kills angels you know.” Lay drawled lazily. “This fire ring. Any angel who tries to get out of it, even touch it, will die.”

“what about me?” I asked before i could really think it though. My neck felt like it was going to snap from the grip lay had on it and my arms were beneath me, pinned down by my own weight.

A clear laugh rang out over my head, the sting from the heat increasing on my face. “you get birnt of cource stupid child. It’s oil so the flames will likely stick to your skin. Why? Whould you like me to cover you in it and set you on fire? I don’t quite need your meat suit after i’ve your soul out. I could still...”

I blocked him out from his blabbering as i very slowly moved my right arm from under myself. Before i could stretch it out over the flames, a hand came crashing down on the middle of my arm, effectively pressing down the shards of glass that were sticking out of it. The pain shot up though me like i was electrocuted and i wished i passed out but i didn’t and i couldn’t. The scream that escaped my lips made kris nearly fling himself through the fire at me.

“Think you;re very smart now don’t you little one?” Lay said, shifting all his weight on my arm. “it would be prudent if you obeyed me like you do that oppressive god you follow and not infuriate me any more.” He madfe his point clear by rubbing his hand down on the glass shards until i felt a few cracking under the pressure.

The pain was so blinding i could feel myself drifting away. I tried to focus on kris from across the flames and i noticed he was backing up, sword outstretched, almost as if he were planning on jumping. No kris stop. Stop you’lkl die! I gathered up all the strength i had left and moved my left hand from beneath me. Lay was too busy holding down my right hand and my neck to notice my left hand shoot out from beneath me and swipe at the flames in front of me. I felt the fire stick onto my skin and ignite instantly but not before i realized the flames had shifted off the floor and onto me. Just as my skin ignited i saw kris jump through the break in the fire ring and kick lay off my back. I rolled onto back and swung my arm as much as i could trying to keep my arm from burning. I could smell flkesh burning and i bearly had any energy left in me to properly put out the fire but i flailed never the less. A loud crash cought my attention and just as i turned my head i saw kris being held down by his neck and on his knees. Lay had pinned him against the wall and was holding his neck and the arm kris had his sword in. Kris had the sword aimed at yixigs chest... wait no that’s still Yixing!! “Kris!!! I cried out”
The distraction had both kris and lay turning towards me and in that moment kris let go the sword and flung it to his other hand. As i screamed “Yixing” kris drove the sword right through yixings middle, the sword coming up on the other side of his body. The last thing i saw and heard before i passed out from all the pain was a ear splitting  screech from Yixing and what looked like a lot of sunlight escaping from yixings wounds and mouth. Almost as if someone lit a 1000 megawatt light inside a carved pumpkin on Halloween.


So umm, I didn't expect to update so soon but i had a four day break. Todays the last day and i just ended up writing non stop from morning and i ended up with this chapter. i'm writing the next chapter right now but it's unfortunatly the very last one for this story. I'm sorry about this one though i didn't edit a million times over like i normally do :\ This is what a burning rign of holy oil looks like. All who watch Supernatural know about this one :) the fire in my story though went right up to about 4 feet high. 
 

 

Meanwhile can we all pray for the souls on Sewol? That tragedy has been eating me away for the past few days and its so saddening. May all their souls rest in peace, especially the brave ones who gave up their life to save others.