Chapter Two.

The Way to Unlocking the Key to Your Heart

"ZHANG NARA, YOU GET YOUR LAZYASS UP RIGHT THIS MOMENT. YOUR FATHER NEEDS TO SEE YOU IN HIS OFFICE RIGHT NOW!" Your stepmother yelled, as she banged on your door.

"Alright! I'm up, I'll be over in a couple minutes, eomeoni," you groaned as you looked at the alarm clock. 7:30 AM. What does he want at this time? You groaned as you quickly brushed your hair to look decent enough to see your father, and headed over to his office, but before entering you knocked on the door. 

"Abeoji? Eomeoni said you wanted to see me right away?" you said quietly. 

"Come in.." your father said in a barely audible voice. You turned the knob and came in. "Take a seat, Nara." You nodded, as you sat in the chair in front of his desk. He then placed a huge stack of paperwork in front of you. "This is your assignment for this week, it'll benefit you later on when you're in actual business." You just wanted to cry out to him that you didn't want to go into business, and you would rather pursue your dream as a singer, but you definitely couldn't do that, unless you wanted bruises like Yixing or Kris. "You would think that I've never noticed Nara, but I do. I am your father after all." 

"Notice? What would you notice?" you asked curiously and puzzled.

"You do not want to undergo the business route do you?" 

Your eyes were as wide as ever, how did he know? You shook your head in response. 

"Of course not, you always did want to pursue that silly singer dream of yours huh? You know, they don’t make that much money, and I definitely need my three children to continue the family business, children are born to continue their parents work, not pursue their own dreams. Look at your two brothers: one rebelling and going on strike like I’m actually going to change my mind about forcing the three of you into business, and the other bringing home half from the strip club the previous night,” he chuckled, “It’s as if they believe that by doing this they’re actually going to get out of business.. well they’re wrong, and you can go tell them that. And you Nara, quit putting your head into this silly singing career of yours, and actually get back to reality. Just quit, before you get too excited over this.” 

An urge deep inside of you suddenly made you call out, “But abeoji! Singing is basically my life! How can I give up on that? Please abeoji! Reconsider...” the last part came out as a whisper.

Your father began to chuckle, “And here I thought you were the obedient one. Well Nara, there might be a way where you can be allowed to pursue your dreams, unlike your brothers.”

“Jeongmal?!” you had tears in your eyes, not of sadness that has consumed you for years, but of true happiness where you could actually pursue your musical career. You were so excited that you ran over to, and hugged your father, which felt strange for you haven’t been able to do so for so long. “Abeoji, jeongmal saranghae. I”ll do all the work still, and obey everything you tell me. Thank you so much!” 

Your father’s eyes widened in shock and tensed up as you hugged him and cleared his throat. “Ahem.. Nara...” 

“Oh right, jwosonghamnida.. I got carried away,” you said as you straightened up. 

“I hope that you know that there’s a catch to this Nara..” 

“Oh yes father, it’s completely fine. I’ll do anything for this. Thank you so much,” you said happily.

Your father smiled, but it didn’t seem like a genuine smile in which he was happy that you were happy, there seemed to be a hidden meaning behind it. However, you were too happy to be suspicious. 

“I’ll be leaving now, abeoji.” you said as you bowed and he nodded, in which you left the room. Maybe abeoji is getting back to his old self.. The thought of that ran across your mind and filled you with even more delight. You squealed of happiness and ran as fast as you could to Yixing’s room forgetting that it was still early in the morning, you opened his door. 

“OPPA! I HAVE THE GREATEST NEWS EVER, AND YOU JUST GOTTA HEAR IT. I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED BU--” you stopped as you saw a handsome, tanned face lying on your brother’s bed and scrunching his face. You gasped, “J-Jongin.. I didn’t know you’d be here. Wae?” you asked confused, and flustered that you just embarrassed yourself in front of him. 

He yawned and smirked when he noticed that the noise that had awaken him was you looking all flustered, “Y’know.. most people knock before they come in this early in the morning. What if Yixing was here and was with one of those other women? Your innocent eyes would be scarred for life..” 

You scoffed, “How would you know what I haven’t already seen huh?”

He started to nod and began understanding, “Ah.. I had forgotten what I’m dealing with, the school’s biggest female player. That’s got boys crawling on their knees for her. Well, I guess I can see why, and I guess it should be an honor for me to be awaken by no other than her, herself.”

Your mouth opened wide as you realized he knew your true identity, “Y-you know about that..?” 

He nodded with an amused smile. “We do go to the same school y’know..” Ugh.. why is he so freaking gorgeous?

“Uh-uhm.. I can explain..” You began frantically thinking of a good cover up. Wait.. why do I have a need to hide things from him? He’s just another stupid boy that’s part of the weekly or so list right? Ugh.. it’s not easy being on this side. 

He chuckled, “No need for that, gorgeous. I guess I can understand where you’re coming from. I mean, I used to be a player myself..” 

Your eyes widened, “Bwo?! You were not, quit messing with me.”

“Well, how would you know whether or not I was? I stopped after a while though, it got tiring using girls for and shattering their hearts afterwards. I’ve just been searching for the right girl these days,” he seemed to gaze at you from head to toe, and stopped at your face and smiled. Your face started to turn as red as a tomato towards his actions. Am I really blushing? Why am I feeling this way? I’m supposed to be the one doing this to him. It’s probably just physical attraction.. right? If only he wasn’t so good looking dammit. After a few moments of silence as he continued gazing at you, he finally spoke up, “And you’re the one I’ll be going after, dear.” 

You shot him a confused look, “Bwo? But you know I’m a player, wouldn’t you want to avoid people like me?”

“Not if I know what people like you go through. And I definitely do with my past experiences. You’re hurt, and you want to cause that pain that you feel towards others, either to reflect how you’re feeling or to prevent yourself from getting hurt.” You widened your eyes since all the words he said were true. “I’m right huh? And with Yixing’s story, it’s definitely because you’re hurt and feel vulnerable so you inflict this pain towards others.” Jongin stood up and began walking towards you, the closer he came the more steps you took back until you were eventually against the wall. He placed his hand on your cheek. “Zhang Nara, I can take that pain away, if you’re willing to be mine,” Jongin said as he was literally 2 centimeters apart from your lips. You just wanted to kiss those thick lips. “I’ll change you for the better, so will you..” he said as he got closer to your lips, and at that moment Yixing swung open the door.

“YAH! KIM JONGIN, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY SISTER? AND ZHANG NARA WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE ABOUT TO LET HIM DO? I LEAVE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND I COME BACK TO FIND YOU ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING TO HER? YOU TWO BARELY MET. GET OFF HER NOW!” Yixing yelled. 

 


Hello again, (: it's been so long since the first chapter huh? I'm so sorry to whoever has read it and stayed since then. I've been so busy with school and all. Sigh.. life of a tryhard , and I've got benchmarks this week and finals the following week so I may not be able to update as much again, but I felt really bad for not updating in such a long time that I just had to write this chapter. (: Hope you enjoy it, and please give me feedback and if you do enjoy it.. maybe even subscribe? <3 Sigh, there goes my break, now back to the world of biology.. good bye for now <3 (: I'll try and update as much as possible ^^