Chapter 8

Do I Know You?

The bell rung and Ken cleared his throat. The sound of awkward silence defeaning in my ears.

"I'm sorry about that. It's just..." his voice faltered and I looked at his face. Hongbin was handsome but when I saw Ken's face, it was just breathtaking. The only downpart was his eyes. It displayed the same emotions when we were in the rooftop and it somehow took an effect on me.

I knew he couldn't dare fiish his sentence. I knew it deep in my heart, he couldn't.

"Uh... Ken, classes will be resuming in awhile. See you around." I stood up and awkwardly left him sitting, deep in his thoughts.


It was the last period but I couldn't concentrate and my mind magically blocked the teacher's voice. My mind wandered back and forth from Hongbin's reaction to Ken in the rooftop to my fun conversation with Ken along with his eyes. I was never the type to probe on someone but these two now made me feel like a hypocrite.

Thank goodness it was the first day of class so practically, we did nothing but introduce ourselves.

After what seemed like forever, the bell rung for the last time signalling it was the end of the school hours. I packed my bag and left the school building.

I have to meet Ravi for our homework slash project. Aish.

I wanted to go home quickly cause I was tired. Who wouldn't be tired after 8 hours of learning? I walked back grumpily.

"Seomin! Your head!" someone shouted and I looked around and saw Ravi running towards me while looking above me. I also looked up and saw a flower pot going down at the speed of light. I closed my eyes for impact but all I felt was arms enveloping me. At the same moment, the pot crashed and shards were scattered everywhere and Ravi looked at me with worry.

"Are you okay?" he asked eyes filled with worry.

I nodded, seeing red trickle from behind.

"Are you?" I asked back.

"I'm okay." he grunted. More blood was trickling from his behind.

"You need to go the clinic." I might be an introvert but I know when I should help someone in need. I dragged him in the school and in the clinic. The nurse was there, staring wide-eyed at him.

"Omo! What happened?!" she rushed him to sit down on the bed and took out things needed to heal him.

"I.. uh., just got hit with something hard." he blunted.

"Were you in a fight?" the nurse asked sternly while she was dabbing alcohol on his injury.

"It stings! Ani! I'm a good student!" he looked at me.

"Nurse unnie! I injured my finger! Can I have some band-" Haneul came in hrough the door. "Hello Seomin. Hi Ravi. We were in the same class awhile ago." she smiled and walked to where the nurse pointed where the band-aids were.

I nodded and Ravi grunted in reply. "Anyways, bye!" she rushed out quickly. Too quickly.

"It's all done!" the nurse finally said and wrapping Ravi's back with a gauze wrap. "Be careful not to carry heavy things, okay?"

He nodded, wore back his shirt and we walked out of the clinic. Thankfully, he can walk steadily.

"I'm gonna walk you home." he said, the both of us walking out of the gates.

"You shouldn't. You're injured."

"At least let me carry your bag until we part ways." He tried to get my bag but I pulled it away.

"The nurse just said you shouldn't carry heavy things." He knew I wouldn't budge so he just left it like that.

"Do you think Haneul did it?" I looked at him and shook my head. Of course not. She was friendly and kind. "You never know. She had a cut finger and I swore I saw her on the second floor, holding a flower pot."

"No. It wasn't her. Maybe it was an accident."

"But still. I wouldn't want you to get hurt. Ken and Hongbin will kill me." he said the last sentence in a whisper.

"What?" This again. Ken and Hongbin. Why were these two always seem connected?

"Nothing. Just... be careful, okay? She might bully you."

I rolled my eyes. I really didn't believe him. Haneul was kind and I doubt she was a bully. We're too mature to have bullying in college.

 

 

Well, that was what I thought it was.


I hope you guys enjoy. o u o