Chapter 6

Do I Know You?

That face. The one I saw on the rooftop.

"Ken~" N said, putting his arm around his neck. "Where have you been?"

"You know, just around." the guy named Ken answered. I couldn't see him much though since Hongbin suddenly stood in front of me.

"Seomin, let's go." Hongbin said. "We have the same homeroom and first period. Kaja." he grabbed my wrist and started walking.

"Hongbin, where will you go? We still have a few minutes before classes actually start." Ravi called out.

"We're going ahead. Tell Ken I sad hi." Hongbin said without looking around. I looked at Hongbin's back who was dragging me. I was a bit confused at his actions but I shrugged it off.

We arrived in the classroom five minutes before the final bell. I sighed in relief. I don't want to be late on the first day of class.

Hongbin dragged us at the back of the room. I sat by the window making me have Hongbin as my seatmate and a girl in front as my frontmate.

Riiing! The bell went.

"Good thing you came here just in time." the girl turned and said. "I heard our homeroom teacher is strict. But I think she's late since she isn't showing up yet." I looked at her strangely. "I'm Haneul, by the way. Kim Haneul."

"Uhm.. I'm Han Seomin." I said quietly. She's seems so talkative.

"I'm Hongbin. Lee Hongbin." he said, dimples clearly showing. I swore Haneul blushed when she saw him smile. And it's either Hongbin can't see it or he's really used to seeing girls blush - I'm guessing it's the latter.

"Nice to meet you both!" she opened to say something more until we heard the door being opened.

"Hello my new students," Everyone, even Haneul, quickly went facing front. A tall, pretty woman who looked like in her thirties walked straight to the teacher's table.

"I'm Miss Kim. I'll be your homeroom teacher and music composition for some of you. I hope we'll all get along well. I'm really busy so why don't you all go explore the school? But be back before your first period starts."

Everyone cheered and one even shouted, "Thank you miss!"

"Calm down students. I'm letting you do this only once. And I am Kim seongsaenim. You may now go." she said as she sat in the teacher's desk to do her teacher stuff. Everyone stood up and shuffled to go outside. I stood up as well and so did Hongbin and Haneul.

"Why don't you two come with me?" Haneul said excitingly. "I have made a few friends before you guys came and we said we'd hang out together."

A social butterfly. Of course. She was talkative. The fact that other people will be there made me uncomfortable and I decided to decline. I looked at Hongbin, trying to send the message with his eyes that I didn't want to go. He looked back at me and smiled reassuringly.

"Ani. We're fine, Haneul-ssi. We prefer to be alone." Hongbin said with a smile. Haneul seemed disappointed to hear it since she was nodding in dissapoitnment,

"Oh.. okay. Well, see you soon, I guess." she saluted and left with her friends making me and Hongbin, including Shin seongsaenim who was typing away furiously, alone in the room.

"Oh? Why are you two still here?" Kim seongsaenim asked. "You two don't want free time?"

I shook my head silently.

"Ani miss. We're about to go out now." Hongbin replied.

"Oh. Okay," she replied as we were walking through the rows of chairs, walking to the door. "Can I have your names before you leave? I forgot to do the introductions." she said, feeling a bit ashamed.

"I'm Lee Hongbin." he pointed to me. "She's Han Seomin." I looked at her.

"At least I know now two of my students' names. Have fun here in this college, okay? See you two soon." We both bowed and walked in the quiet hallways -- not really quiet since there are other homeroom periods going on.

"Where do you wanna go?" Hongbin asked.

I immediately knew the answer to that. That one place where I first went when I walked in to this college.

"I want to go to the rooftop."

"Eh? Okay."

We walked in silence as we went to our destination. The kind of silence where no words were really needed and which is really comfortable. We finally reached the stairway that would lead to the rooftop. He opened the door for the both of us and we suddenly felt the gush of air rushing in. We stayed where I stayed a few minutes ago, overlooking the whole campus.

"I like rooftops." I blurted out of the blue.

I felt him look at me with curiousity. "Why?"

He did have a point. Why did I like to stay in rooftops and balconies?

I looked at Hongbin and he looked back at me. "I dont know. I just feel like good things can happen in rooftops. And the fact that you could see everything below feels good for some reason."

The sound of the door being opened was heard and both of turned around to see the uninvited person.

"Ken?" Hongbin said with a surprised voice.

"Oh? Hongbin, you're here too? Are you skipping homeroom too?" the guy chuckled before he looked at me.

Those eyes. That face. It's him!

I stood speechless. He looked at me and I could see it. The happiness, regret and sadness all in one. I felt like running away. I didn't know why but when he looked the way he looked at me, it hurt. It hurt my whole being and made my legs jelly. It made me shiver. Hongbin felt the silence all of a sudden and cleared his throat.

"Ken, meet Han Seomin. My neighbor who came from abroad." Even though Hongbin was trying to break the silence, there was also something wrong with his voice. But thank goodness, Ken diverted his eyes away from me.

"I-I'm Seomin." I shakily said.

"I'm Jaehwan. But people around call me Ken." Still not looking at me, he replied. I could notice that his voice, like Hongbin, there was something wrong with it. I couldn't find the right word to describe it.

"Ken, what are you doing here?" Hongbin asked.

"I told you. Skipping homeroom. I don't wanna sit there and do nothing but introduce myself," he looked at Hongbin. Again, not at me. "How about you?"

"Our teacher had something urgent to do so she told us to explore the campus."

"She said campus. Not building." he slightly chuckled. "What are you doing here on the rooftop?"

I'm sure Hongbin glanced at me to say that I wanted to go here. Ken nodded, understanding what he meant. Still feeling awkward, Hongbin dragged me to the door.

"Bye Ken. We're really gonna explore the campus." he said as a joke. "See you later, I guess."

"Sure. See you around." I looked back to see him for the last time and he looked back at me. At last. His eyes filled with the same emotions as awhile ago. This time, he looked like he was about to cry. But I didn't see what happened next as the door closed, removing him from my vision.


Erm... hi. Sorry for not updating. ><

I hope you'll still read this story. ^^;;

Bye.

Zoe. :)