Chapter 10

Do I Know You?

After a few classes, it was break time and Haneul went over to my class and told me I should come with her and her friends. I had no reason to go against the idea since Hongbin had another class and I couldn't find Ravi anywhere.

So she dragged me in the hallways and in the normal-looking cafeteria of the building. Haneul dragged me even more to a table that was only occupied by a couple of girls. We sat down and she gladly introduced us.

"Michan, Yechan, this is Seomin. Seomin, meet Michan and Yechan." This called the attention of two surprisingly identical girls who were chitchatting about something which I was clearly not interested in. They stopped to look at me and smiled widely.

"Annyeong Seomin!" They said in unison. It took a second before it clicked to me that they were really twins. I bowed at them.

"So, Seomin. I heard you're close with the cuties here." Yechan, who was in a ponytail, wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah! Ravi even became your partner, right? And I heard Hongbin is pretty close to you and so are his other friends." Michan continued. I looked at them confusingly. "Seomin-ah, you didn't know?"

"No wonder lots of girls are feeling green and tried to smash your head with a flowerpot." Yechan babbled.

"And that's why you should consider Haneul a nice friend cause she tried to sto--"

"Alright, alright. Enough stories for the day." Haneul covered one of the twins' mouth. I ate my packed lunch peacefully before the twins started talking again.

"Seomin, do you even know who are the guys you're hanging out with?" Yechan asked with sparkling eyes. I nodded my head.

"Of course I do. They're my cousin Hyuk's friends. They're also my friends." Yechan's jaw dropped before she cleared .

"I'm pretty sure you know the popularity of your cousin in his high school. So! First of all, there's Cha Hakyeon, also known as N. The most famous dancer in this college!" She reminded me of the professors who knows everything in their field.

So he knows how to dance... I looked at her with shock and let her proceed. "Then there's Jung Taekwoon. He has this aura of a lion so everyone just calls him Leo. He may be quiet but once he sings, the whole world stops to listen." I remember the quiet and intimidating looking oppa I know. He knows how to sing?

"Then there's Kim Wonshik. Ravi. He's one of the best and powerful speakers our school is proud of. He has a knack for playing the piano from time to time so you're pretty lucky to have him as your partner." She nodded approvingly at me. "Then there's Hongbin. Sweet and handsome Hongbin. The angel of our school~"

I better tell Hongbin sooner or later about the girls swooning over him endlessly. I chuckled to myself.

"And lastly, there's Lee Jaehwan. People call him Ken. Rumors say he's the one who caused his girlfriend into a huge accident." She whispered in a really soft voice which was barely audible. "She died."


After classes ended, I still can't get rid of the rumor Haneul's friend told me. Surely that can't be true? Ken seems to be kind. He can't let anything happen to his girlfriend, right?

Unknowingly, I climbed the stairs until I reached the door to the rooftop. I opened it and luckily, the man I was hoping to see was there. I took a few steps forward and he seemed to sense my presence.

"Han Seomin! This is my favorite place but I suppose we could share. What brings you here?" Ken asked. Then words that I didn't know lingered on my mind seemed to escape out of my lips.

"Do you, perhaps, want to hang out this weekend?"

Ken's eyes widened. It was probably the last thing he expected to hear from me. Even though, he seemed to bright up and nodded wordlessly.

"This isn't a date, ok?" I realized at the words I asked him earlier. "I just... Well... I hung out with the guys last time... You weren't there... And..." My voice became softer each word until I heard him laugh.

"Seomin-ah, you don't have to explain. Oppa knows it's supposed to be as friends. I'll invite the others, if you want." He laughed some more. Who knew laughter could sound this good?

He smiled at me. "See you this weekend, then."