Chapter 5

Do I Know You?

I woke up. The sun was starting to rise. I stood up from the bed and did my usual routine - wash my face and go downstairs to drink coffee - I do in America. As I was descending from the stairs, I saw Hongbin and my aunt from the corner of my eye. It seemed like they didn't see me. They were in their own world, talking in hushed voices. My feet stepped on the floor and they didn't notice it. I was curious but it seemed wrong to eavesdrop so I cleared my throat when I walked into the dining room.

"Good morning!" they both said. I nodded in reply. I walked straight to the counter, where the coffee and creamer were kept in the cupboards above it. I heard a chair move. I was about to get a mug when someone took it from me. I looked to my side and saw my auntie smiling.

"Let me do it for you." she smiled beamfully.

"Ani. I can do it." I attempted to get it from her but failed. In America, even if we had maids, I was raised to do simple things on my own.

My aunt motioned me to sit down. I hesitated at first but I eventually did.

I pulled out a chair and sat. Hongbin was across me, sipping his coffee from his in casual clothes. He had a notebook with him.

"Good morning. Are you ready for the first day in college?" he looked at me and smiled that toothy smile.

"Yeah," I replied in a soft voice. He seemed to hear me though. "Do you think it'll be nice studying there?"

"Yeah. N hyung and Leo hyung are seniors and they say it's fun." he smiled and replied.

"What's your course?" I asked, once again in a soft voice.

"Music and arts. I want to be an artist someday," Smiling wide and proud of what he said. His smiles are contagious and I smiled a bit back at him. "You?"

"Same." I replied and smiled back.

"Uwah~ We can have same classes! It would be really great."

"Yeah." I smiled. "Here you go, dearie~" my aunt said and bent down to give me coffee. I bowed and she went to the kitchen to finally make breakfast.

"Want to go to school together after breakfast?" Hongbin asked. I shook my head.

"Ani. I can go on my own." I said. Just then, Hongbin stood up and bent down to face me eye to eye. He ruffled my hair and said, "Okay, okay. I'll just see you in class. And you know what," he smiled and stood straight. "It's nice to see you smile and talk." Then he walked out.

I stared down at my mug full of coffee. What just happened?

My face was becoming hot and my stomach was feeling weird. The feeling was unknown and tried my very best to shrug it off.

I pondered on what Hongbin said. It's nice to see you smile and talk. I made more silence with the fry cooking and my aunt behind me. He was right. I never asked questions or smile that often. I don't know why but Hongbin has this aura around him that I am very comfortable with. Like he's my best friend. I gulped and finished the coffee and went upstairs to take a bath.


After wearing my uniform and eating breakfast, I was already walking to school. I still had a lot of time to spare but I wanted to explore the school without bodies squishing me on the hallway.

Walking through streets, roads and some twists and turns, I was finally here. Jellyfish University.

I walked through the gates and climbed a couple of stairs. There was a door and I opened it. I felt a rush of cold morning air. I stepped in and closed the door.

The rooftop with it's amazing view.

In America, I didn't have any friends so I always stayed in the rooftop. It's also one of the reasons why I chose this school. A rooftop with a wonderful view of Seoul. I stared in awe of the scene before me.

The sound of the door open could be heard.

It made me turn my head to see who was also here.

A guy. He seemed too deep in his thoughts and walked to the other side of the rooftop.

Before he turned and walked, I saw his face.

I remembered my dream.

"Seomin-ah, walk with me!" a guy said, with his back facing me. I chained my arms with his and walked in a place full of trees. It was absolutely breathtaking.

How? What? Why him? Who is he?

The guy in my dream didn't even look at me. I sat down with my back against the wall, closed my eyes and tried to remember more of it.

I took much of my time trying to get at least something, I heard the bell ring. I opened my eyes and saw I was alone. I stood up and went downstairs. I was walking to the office to get my schedule.

"Guys! Look, it's Seomin!"

I turned my head and saw N in the hallway saying hi and motioning me to go to him and the guys. I shyly walked up to them.

They all said hi to me and so did I to them.

The four of them, well, except Leo, were absorbed in talking about something so I decided to walk away quietly to get my schedule and I won't be late for class.

Unfortunately, Ravi caught me. "Seomin, eodiga?" I turned around and said, "My schedule.. And we have ten minutes before classes start." I glanced at the clock above us.

"Don't worry. Your schedule's here." Hongbin said, getting a piece of paper from his backpack.

"How..?" I confusingly asked.

"We were trying to find you awhile ago so we could get our schedules. But we couldn't. When we went to the office, we found out you didn't get yours yet so there." Hongbin said with a smile. I nodded in reply, scanning my schedule.

"Where is Ken? We haven't seen him since yesterday. What's up with him?" Ravi asked. Leo pointed at something and whispered, "There."

Surprisingly, everyone heard him and turned our heads. We saw a man walking towards us, smiling brightly.

That face. The one I saw on the rooftop.


Hi guys. Sorry if it's short. ㅠㅠ And I'm sorry if this . To the 15 subscribers, you're the best~!! ♡