Chapter 9

Do I Know You?

I arrived home with Hyuk hugging me when I arrived and my auntie watching some cheesy k-drama. I plopped down on the couch with her and watched what she was watching.

"Auntie, what's the show about?" I asked. The screen showed a girl who was crying and thrashing things in her neat pretty room.

"Ah. This? Well, it's about a girl who lost her memory and her parents just broke it to her." She suddenly fidgeted in her seat.

Memory loss? Girl? It seemed so familiar to me. Why do I keep getting this feeling? Maybe this story is too cliche. Yeah. That's why.

"How was school?" My aunt switched the channel. It was good though. I didn't like the foreign feeling I was having.

"Just... fine. I'm going to my room now." I stood up and went up the stairs.

Locking myself in, I sighed. First day of school and it was chaotic. All I ever wanted was to be a wallflower. I lied down and escaped from today.

A girl who looked like she was around her early childhood was in the bedroom with her back facing me. It was a familiar bedroom. Same walls, bed and door. What was this place?

"Seomin! Let's go out of your room quickly! I think Hyukkie will find us soon!" She turned around. Who was she talking to?

As if she answered my mind, she took my hand which was way bigger than hers and I took a better look at her. She seemed so... familiar.


It was first period aka Musical Instruments. Mr. No said he'd give us time to work on our project. Ravi and I sat together in a corner of the classroom, a notebook and pencil in hand, and a piano app on my phone.

"So... How will we do this?" I asked Ravi.

"I think, composing is showing what you feel through music. Let me ask you. What have you been feeling since you arrived in Korea?" he asked, getting my pencil and notebook to make sure he took notes.

What have I been feeling? Happiness cause I met Hyuk and his friends? Confusion cause of my dreams? Regret cause every single day ever since I left made me think I'm missing something huge? Bliss cause I confusingly met Ken?

"I feel fine. It's cool." That's all I said to him. He made a deflated expression and suggested what our classmates would be doing. He tapped a shoulder in front of us. A back that seemed too familiar as if I just dreamt it last night.

"Yeah? What's up?" Haneul asked. Ravi immediately turned his back and asked a random person. She questioningly looked at me.

"Uhm... He was just asking some of our classmates about their ideas in this project." I said in my normal, meaning timid, voice. She nodded and turned back. I took a quick glance at her finger before looking at my blank notebook.


A really short update. No Hongbin or Ken today. Lol. You're free to kill me. I'm gonna update weekly now though. *nods affirmitively*

Comment please! I'd love to hear your thoughts.