Chapter 1

Do I Know You?

"Seomin! Seomin! Watch out!"

Just then, a blinding light hovers me.

I woke up immediately, sweat beads forming on my forehead. I looked around, seeing my bedroom with white porcelain walls. I sighed, feeling safe and protected within these walls.

Knock knock!

"Come in." I said, feeling a bit dizzy and nostalgic.

The door opened and the maid came in and politely bowed in front of me. "Miss, your parents are waiting for you downstairs to have breakfast."

"Okay. Thank you. You may go." Then the maid bowed and left. I stood from my bed and washed up. I went downstairs, where the dining room was. Sitting at our grand table were my parents. The morning light was seeping through the creamy color of the curtains. I was in a daze once again.

"Seomin, you're here." my father said, realizing my presence and woke me up from my trance.

I bowed and sat down, across from my mother.

"You don't look so well. Was it those dreams again?" my mom asked.

"Yes. The funny thing is, I feel like it really happened. And the place, it seemed so familiar yet I don't know where it is..." I replied.

"That's nonsense. You have been raised here in America ever since you were born. Maybe you just made up the place in your head." your mother said. She struck a nervous glance to my father. I saw it but I just shrugged it off and took a bite from my food.

My father cleared his throat and said "Enough of these dreams and imaginary places. The reason why we're here is to discuss your future. Where do you wish to study college, Seomin?"

"Well... I was checking out different colleges and I have decided. There's a college in South Korea and I want to study there."

My parents became silent.

After, my mom finally said something. "Are you sure, honey?"

"Yes mom," I replied. "Why? Is there something wrong with my choice?" I asked, looking back and forth from my mother to my father.

Once again, they were silent.

"I can look for another college if you want." I finally said. I didn't understand why they were like this.

Ignoring what I said, my father talked. "Do you really want to study there?"

"Yes."

"Well... okay. Since we have relatives there, you could just stay there. You will be okay, right?"

"Yes father."

"That's settled then. I'll arrange when will be your flight so just start packing. If you're done eating, go to your room."

I stood up and bowed to the both of them. "Thank you father." And with that, I left and went upstairs after resuming breakfast.


Hiiii~ I'm sorry if this chapter disappointed you. ^^; I'll try to do better next time. ^^

I wanna thank ThienXi for upvoting, commenting and subscribing. *hugs* *gives cookies* Also Coolcutiedj, thanks for commenting~ *hugs* *gives cookies*

Bye!

Zoe. :)