Flowers

Arranged Marriage with Luhan

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.

The doctors led me out of the room and forced me to wait outside. The members have started to whimper harder as I did too. 

Be safe, Luhan. Please be safe.

"I'll be back in a second." Anna said and ran away.

"W..wait." I said while tears stream on my face. Before I could even make her stop, she has stormed out of the hall.

My knees felt wobbly but I have to catch the little girl. I walked and walked until I have reached the corner of the hall when I saw Anna...with her parents.

"A..Annyeong haseyo." I greeted.

"Oh, so the patient in 253 really is Mr. Lu, huh?" Her dad said as I nodded.

"Ah. I forgot. You may be wondering, I am Mr. Song, the father of Anna and the owner of this hospital." said he. What a small world this is.

Suddenly, tears streamed down my face again. Yes, you could call me a weakling, but I really have nothing to gain strength from.

"Don't worry. This is one of the best hospitals in the world. We have the least death rates in this institute. So don't worry, okay?" Mrs. Song said and took me for an embrace.

"Th...thank you very much." I said politely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna was taken by her parents, and I am now walking on the hallway.

"Jjeolbae." All of them said and took me for an embrace.

"Luhan's stable now. Thank God." Lay said and smiled for a bit. 

It's like I was carrying a whole sack of metal a while ago, which was placed down. But I am aware that I would be picking it up later on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jjeolbae, we'll be guarding the house now. Could you guard Luhan for us?" asked Suho as I nodded unhesitantly.

After a while, they are now waving goodbye at me. Then, I entered the room, only to see Luhan in so much pain.

"I guess it must be hard for you, huh?" I said and held his hand. I grabbed a wooden chair behind me and sat down.

"Then I'll guard you for now. Don't worry, you're forgiven." I said and rested beside him.

 

Luhan's P.o.V.

I may not be awake for now, but I can hear what they say to me. I cannot respond nor open my eyes.

I then felt someone enter the room.

"I guess it must be hard for you, huh?" A woman said and I felt a mass holding my hand.

Jjeolbae.

"Then I'll guard you for now. Don't worry, you're forgiven." She said.

Words. These words may be counted but the way it gives me comfort cannot be measured. I felt safe, and I felt secured. I had a reason to wake up, and start a new day. 

I felt my purpose that day. 

And that purpose.....is to give back the love that these thirteen gave to me.

----------------

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.

I shifted from my position as I opened my eyes, only to catch a glimpse of darkness. I then stood up and searched for the switch, then, brightness lit the room. But this brightness was more of what it was a while ago; darkness. I have realized that darkness was better than now; seeing Luhan in this kind of condition makes me weak and frail.

"I know the nurses would take care of this handsome face. Don't worry, Luhan. I'll be going to school for you, arasseo?" I said as I grabbed my bag. I opened my eyes only to capture kids playing with sand as the b sunlight shone upon them. Completely opposite from this room, isn't it? I couldn't help but chuckle about my situation, about how helpless I am. I walked towards him and held his hand again, only to make him feel that I am here just for him.

"Don't worry. You're not a burden, get it?" I said and planted a kiss on his forehead. It was not a romantic one, though. Only a friendly one, one filled with concern and care.

"I'll be going now." I said to the unconscious him; I know that he will not hear nor respond. I just looked down the floor and escaped from the room.

Thoughts filled me all day. I kept in my mind that I should accomplish this day for my co-member. My recitation, my quizzes, my hardwork. All of these are dedicated for him, and I'm sure the other members did this too. How do I know, you may ask.

Chanyeol was carrying ten realms of paper as he greeted me. He was cheering 'for Luhan' as he walked down the corridor.

Suho was doing his paperwork with a smile etched on his face. Like Chanyeol, he was cheering the same motto.

Kyungsoo was not an athletic boy, but he had a P.E. class, and was cheering the same too when he did the activity.

I was told by Anna's parents not to meet her anymore today, since thoughts filled my mind. I just bought a lollipop and I am about to give it to her.

"Anna~!" I said sweetly as she approached me.

"Annyeong." She greeted politely.

"Sorry for not guarding you today. But here's a lollipop." I said and handed it to her. Her smile was filled with happiness and her face lit up.

"Kamsahamnidaaaaa~~~" She cheered and took me for an embrace. I then nodded and was about to storm out of the class when....

"Unniiee~" She said.

"Wae?" I asked.

"Say mianhe to Luhan oppa for me." she said while looking down. I nodded and smiled back.

"Don't worry. Oppa has a nice side. I'm sure she'll forgive you." I replied and smiled again. After that, I went on the street. I was walking down the sidewalk when I noticed two teens, thirteen, maybe? A boy and a girl. The girl was holding a bouquet as the boy's hand was slumped lazily on her shoulders. The girl seemed modest, but the boy seemed like he was plotting something. Aaah, teens today. I thought. I continued walking when a lady, in her mid-50's, greeted me. She was sitting on the sidewalk with a bouquets slumped down beside her. She's probably selling those.

"Annyeong." said she.

"Annyeong haseyo." I replied politely as I smiled at her.

"You look somehow famillar to me, and why does a young lady so sad in a lively weather like this?"she continued as I nodded.

"Is that so?One of my friends is confined in the hospital today." I said.

"Really? Then give this to your friend, instead. It's free." She said as she handed a basket full of fresh flowers.

"Aniyo, I'll pay for it instead." I said but she insisted.

"No, it's free....wait, I remember you now." She said.

"A boy just your age showed me a picture of you, he said that he's your friend, and he wants to say sorry. It's just yesterday, in the afternoon." she said. 

Luhan really is serious, huh?

"I see. Take this money now, ma'am. You took a large part in our lives." I said as I handed the money and ran.

I reached the hospital and heaved a deep breath.

---

253

I entered the room and saw Luhan, still unconscious. I placed the flowers next to him and sat.

"Luhan, I brought you flowers. Don't you want to wake up and see it?" I said as a tear rushed down my cheek.

"Hey, Lotte World. We still have to go there." I said again.

"I bought a deer plushie together with Anna's lollipop. Can't you just open your eyes?"

"Hey, wake up." I said as I nudged him. Tears started flowing faster.

"Luhan, you're not a burden. But if you're not going to wake up, you'll be one." I said, and before I knew it, I was sobbing.

"Hey."  I said while hitting his bed.

"Your birthday's next week already! Now, wake up." I said.

"Can't you see? I want.........to see you recover now. I'm.....really sorry." 

Hopeless, I am now crying.

I stood up as a nurse entered the room.

"Annyeong." She greeted.

"Annyeong." I said.

"I...I just want to inform you that Mr. Lu could possibly wake up in four days." She said as I nodded and thank her.

Chanyeol's P.o.V.

We went inside the hospital to visit Luhan, I'm with Baek today since others would be visiting later.. When we reached for the handle, Jjeolbae was already in there.

"How's the manly Hello Kitty?" I asked.

"He can't wake up. Wake up, weakling." Jjeolbae said as tears streamed down her face. 

Little do Baekhyun and I know, we were infected by her. We're now crying.

"Hyung. I brought you noodles. They're your favorite, aren't they? Now, wake up." I said as I approached him.

"Wa...wake up and k..kkaeb s..song!" Baekhyun cheered while stuttering, of course.

Luhan's P.o.V.

Flowers, a stuffed toy, Hello Kitty, and Lotte World? Jjeolbae, Yeol, Baek, you're making me a girl, really. But for you, I really want to see those things. With you.

Tears streamed down on my cheek. I want to see all of you....badly. Why can't I wake up from this nightmare?

 


Author's Corner~

Is it alright now? What do you feel? :o