Chapter 18

A Kiss Under The Mistletoe!

‘’Unnie, the tiara is just here. Are you still looking for it on the dresser?’’

‘’Huh? Oh guere?’’ , Jessica re arranged her features into a beautiful smile and glided towards the maknae.

‘’Looks like  oppa  is not the  only one  who has lost his mind’’ , Seohyun  giggled as took in Jessica’s smile.

‘’Oppa?  Yonghwa is nervous? Why?’’  , she deliberately played around, hoping to get a reaction.

 

Jessica had been beyond miffed at Yonghwa and  Seohyun’s disappearing act,  and also she didn’t want Seohyun’s heart to break again.  Sure she was an adult who could make her own decisions,  and even without facing real heartbreak, she had suffered the same angst over and over again.

 

Watching his interviews ,stage performances which involved jilted ballads, CF’s...

That infamous ‘’Seo JooHyun saranghamnida’’ , which Seohyun had watched in secret on repeat all night.

Seohyun’s  plight was unspeakable.  Jessica had been the one to hold her crying body when she was sleeping at night. Having a younger sister was hard, caring for her was harder and protecting her innocent heart was hardest.  So now , Yonghwa’s  behest seemed almost odd for her to accept. The man she was protecting her dongsaeng from, it seemed like there was no escaping him.

They were fated to be together.

 

‘’Unnie? Whats wrong, why are you crying?’’ , Seohyun wiped the dampness from jessica’s face.

‘’Oh!’’ ,  Jessica’s lips formed a surprised  O as she wiped the moisture that she didn’t even know had trickled.

’Unnie! Are you nervous? ‘’

‘’Aniya, unnie is okay’’ .

‘’Then why are you crying? You should be the happiest today!’’

‘’ I am Seohyun-ah , I am truly happy to share this day with everyone I love today. I’m just worried for you’’.

‘’Huh? Waeyo unnie? I am totally okay!’’

‘’Seohyuna   how is yonghwa to you?  Is he caring? Unnie is just worried. You are way too precious, our maknae. I don’t want that idiot to do something child like and ruin everything .  Honestly you and Krystal are way too young to date.  I don’t approve of that minhyuk giving her the goo goo eyes to-‘’

‘’ Unnie , i am old enough to be an ahjumma, and so is Krystal. We plan to marry before we turn 30 you know’’ , Seohyun chuckled and sister, who’s expression  had turned stony , indicating that she did not find this funny at all.

‘’Are you saying that im an old maid now? ‘’

‘’Ani, well but you would be one if you had delayed this wedding for another year’’.

‘’Seo joo hyun-‘’

‘’Aigoo’’,

 *giggle*
 

Jessica mock hit her , smiling secretly, as she had found her opening question already.

 

‘’So..’’

‘’Yeah? ’’

‘’You wanna get hitched soon, huh? Well I didn’t think you were the marrying types’’

‘’Why do you ask? And wait. Why do you think so ?’’  , she asked with a slight edge in her voice.

‘’Well you never showed any interest in the wedding stuff before, and neither did you react to my wedding announcement’’.

‘’Well...I.. no unnie you are reading this wrong...’’  , her voice trailed feebly.

‘’Well then make unnie understand. I’m standing at a threshold Seohyuna, I  know exactly how it feels. What do you feel?’’

Seohyun hesitated for a moment before stringing her words in a coherent sentence.

‘’Unnie, I  have always been so happy for you , it seemd like my heart won’t  be able to contain anymore happiness, because I feel so lucky to see such blessings in my life. But-‘’

‘’But?’’

‘’I was jealous in the beginning.  Not of you, but of the place you were in. I have never understood my heart completely, or maybe i never let anyone take that step’’.

‘’Seohyuna’’  , Jessica held her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze,’’ your time will come , infact it  might be around the corner you know!’’

She winked at the maknae, her feelings confirmed and sealed.

She gestured towards the tiara, motioning  Seohyun to help her adjust it to her veil.

They were talking, when Seohyun was filling in Jessica on all the gossip from the hall.

‘’- And trust me, that dress is like the 5th time she has ventured out into.  I think it’s her wedding uniform or something! ‘’

Jessica doubled up with laughter, not many knew that Seohyun was incredibly funny and sassy around her close friends, and well, what two girls wouldn’t gossip eh?

The tiara was unsteady, because Jessica had thrown her head back and laughed so hard when she heard about Hyoyeon  almost getting into a  polite cat fight with AfterSchool’s Nana, because they were wearing the same shoes.

She was adjusting it , admiring the craftsmanship.

‘’Unnie, can you lend me the tiara for a photoshoot? Please???’’  , she attempted her aegyo on Jessica.

 If Yonghwa could fall for it, then Jessica would too. Right?

’Ask your namja to buy one for you’’.

‘’Eyy jinjja! I never thought you would tease me so mercilessly’’.

‘’Why do you want this tiara?’’

‘’Well.. girls love diamonds’’

‘’Yee..es?’’

‘’I am a girl’’.

‘’Oh well  spotted. And The point is ?’’ Jessica examined her exquisite bedazzled fingers.

’I love diamonds’’ , she laughed at how childlike her logic was.

 

This is what happens when you were dating a 6 year old.

 

‘’Diamond girl huh?’’  , Krystal entered the room along with Taeyon, Tiffany and Hyoyeon.

Their comment sent Seohyun entire face on fire.

‘’For someone who looks lovely with just a rosebud tiara’’ , Taeyon began her sentence in a sing song voice-

‘’How lovely would she look in diamonds!!’’ !- tiffany and Krystal sang the chorus.

‘’Because you are my diamond girl. Come here you are my diamond girl’’ , Hyoyeon completed their teasing.

’I have the most evil family ever!!!’’

‘’Yahhhh!’’ , the three of them yelled in unison, while Krystal tried to wear the tiara on her head.

So Hyo, I heard you got into a fist fight?  , Jessica spared the maknae for a moment.

Hyoyeon grimaced,’’  I should have never posted the new shoes on instagram. Why is Kim Nana copying Kim Hyoyeon?  ‘’

‘’They are just shoes?’’  , Tiffany stated coolly

‘’Just shoes?  How would you feel if she was in the same shade of pink as you? I doubt if anyone is wearing pastel pink today except you Miyoung ah’’ .

‘’Okay okay. Stop fighting both of you. Jess do you need anything? It’s almost time. You just need to get yourself clicked. The photographer must be on his way’’ , Taeyon stepped into her leader mode.

‘’Well a group hug would be nice right?’’  , Yuri entered the room like a hyper kitten, her arms outstretched .

‘’Oh yeah soshi babies, make way for your queen’’ ~ , Sunny and Sooyoung entered.

‘’Queen? Duh , you’re our munchkin!’’

‘’ And Krystal jung! You are not a soshi. Wait outside the circle. ’’

‘’Mianhe Sunny unnie’’ , Krystal did aegyo, ‘’ besides i can take Yoona unnie’s place’’ .

‘’Oh hell no! No one replaces me’’ , Yoona entered with a tray full of shot glasses.

Every eye in the room widened at the tray.

Yoona felt 9 pairs of eyes boring into her, when she lowered the tray on the table.

’Well, I thought we could have our short moment.  Don’t worry, Sooyoung is not drinking, and neither is Krystal’’ .

‘’Why?’’  , the forbidden ones asked in a raised tone.

‘’BECAUSE I DONT WANT ANYONE TO MONOPOLISE MY BOYFRIEND TONIGHT’’.

‘’Are you planning to monopolise him or something?’’  , Yuri asked with a giggle.

‘’I think Its Sica’s turn to monopolise her groom tonight’’  , Sunny and Taeyon gave each other a hi-five while laughing.

‘’Ew , thats my big sister you are talking about!’’

‘’Aigoo, our Krystal is so shy’’.

‘’More like disgusted , unnie’’

‘’I’m surprised Seohyun thinks that Krystal is shy’’ , Tiffany laughed.

‘’Seohyuna  do you want to monopolise Yonghwa tonight?’’ , Yoona asked trying not laugh at the flared nostrils.

‘’Why.is.the.discussion.back.to.me?!’’

‘’Okay can we drink first? ‘’ ,  Hyoyeon tried to grab a glass from the tray, when  Sooyoung slapped hers away.

’Yah, the point is the group hug first babo.’’

‘’Oh. So then we can drink?’’

‘’Someone smash this Kim Hyoyeon’’, Sunny muttered under her breath.

‘’Let’s ask Nana unnie’’ , Krystal suggested before getting whacked by Hyoyeon.

’Want me to smash you?’’

‘’Mian unnie’’.

‘’Okay okay..everyone gather around. HUGGGGGGGGG’’ , Yoona and Yuri squeeled in unison.        

‘’Ouch I cant breathe’’ , Taeyon gasped for air.

‘’Shut up idiot don’t spoil the mood’’ , Tiffany nudged her.

‘’I seriously can’t breathe with Yuri and Hyoyeon pushing my chest closer’’.

‘’Oh i thought that was someone’s arm’’ , Yuri laughed.

‘’ I can see nothing but  heads’’ , Sooyoung whistled while she nestled Sunny in her embrace.

‘’You would, you tall freak’’ , Taeyon struggled.

‘’Erm Sooyoung ah, You are way to close to my face’’ , Sunny pointed out.

’Can you guys, like maintain the sanctity of my wedding day and not curse’’, Jessica chided each one of them.

‘’NEEEEEEEE..’’ ,all 9 of them said in unison.

*loud giggles*

‘’Now lets drink’’ , Yoona and Hyoyeon looked at each other in delight when Jessica announced it.

Seohyun excuses herself after the little soshi gathering, wanting to check the status of the catering, she headed downstairs.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yonghwa was enjoying the eerie looks, the expected stares and proud thumbs up as he swept his gaze across the hall.

The rumours had spread.

Everyone was anticipating something utterly dramatic, mushily romantic and something expected, yet unexpected.


The best moment was when his dongsaengs had scurried over to ask him whether he wanted a specific music arrangement in the background.

 

Chuckling, he shook his head and scanned he faces tonight.

 Seulong was greeting the guests already.

Something had stopped him from sharing it with his best friend as well.

 He just wanted that moment to be between him and her.

Which was why he rejected Kwanghee’s ridiculous idea of an impromptu skit where he would propose seohyun. He had even chosen Taemin to act as Seohyun.

Yonghwa had shuddered visibly at the idea.

Propose Seohyun.

Rubbing his eyes, he hung his head low.

How much did Seohyun believe?

Min had pretty much enacted her reaction, when she had ‘accidently’ let slip the diamond line.

He headed over to Jessica, to strategise his final play, when he bumped into someone he was dying to capture in his arms.

Which he did,  much to her amusement.

‘’Did someone miss me?’’ , she asked when he buried his face into her hair.

‘’Nope.  I just missed my girlfriend. I’m waiting for her to come out any moment now’’ , he scanned the corridor  looking for someone, when he heard a whisper in his ears.

‘’Well mister, I’m afraid you will have to make do with me today.  Maybe that girl isn’t interested in you anyways’’  , she looked into his eyes, acting like a cold urban woman.

Yonghwa  bit a grin.  And played along. Oh, how he loved fun Seohyun!

Well miss, not that you cant match her or anything, but I really cant live without her.  I mean you are prettier than her and everything, but I  can’t stop loving her’’ , he spoke in a low voice, trailing his thumbs over her arms.

‘’Yah are you saying i am not pretty or something?’’

‘’ Yah? Oh welcome back Seo Joohyun –ssi’’ , Yonghwa laughed .

‘’You are supposed to reject other women’s advances. Do you I don’t get jealous? ‘’ , She pouted.

He just laughed in delight, he cupped her face which she avoided.

‘’Daesseyo, I was just leaving. Go wait for your pretty girlfriend’’  she crossed her arms.

’Aigoo, where did u learn to throw such tantrums from?  Don’t you know the effect  they have on me? ’’

She gave him a mischievous look ,wrapping her arms around his neck and gave him a chaste peck on the lips, ‘’And what effect did that have on you?’’

‘’You seriously wanna know?Neo  Nuguya?’’ , he moved back to examine her more closely.

Was she ever predictable?!

‘’Me?  nae ileumeun seohyun doego nae namja neun michingeo’’  (my name is seohyun and my man is going crazy)

‘’And who is responsible for that, miss?’’ , he raised an eyebrow, trying to act stern.

‘’I am, ofcourse’’ .

‘’Yes you are, and you will pay for this’’ , he winked at her before dipping his head close to her and bit her lips before kissing her senseless.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N :

I honestly just had to update today, I wasn't planning to, but the whole twitter soompi wave had me in giddy spazz today :D So yeah I bet Yongseo are calling each other up right now to discuss how crazy gogus are ;)

The soshi moments was something which is so fitting today, that MV though, confusing, is so amazing colourful and so Beyonce y chic, i am waiting for a dance version because I want to see my soshi oppas in their glory. I re typed the whole chapter today to make some very necessary changes :P

can you spot them?

good :P

now go comment.

i love you sone and goguma babies. and boice hotties :D

and other fandoms can go drown in hamburgers. :| i was so pissed at their tweets. even our fandom wasn't totally innocent though.

Twitter turf wars are annoying.

sigh.

read comment subscribe :D