Part 5

Let Me In

Yuri groaned as she sat up slowly. Her head spun like a wheel and she was feeling groggy. She was experiencing a terrible hangover and she felt like dying. She pulled in more pillows to support her heavy head. Her eyes were still closed all the while. She put her arm over her forehead as she called out for Jessica.

“Jessica..”

She patted the side of her bed but it was empty. She finally opened her eyes and was stunned to find herself in an unfamiliar room. She quickly sat up as she nervously looked around the room.

“.”

She was about to get off the bed when the bathroom door opened and out came the same girl who took her heart by storm. Yuri’s jaw was wide open.

“Morning, Yuri.”

“F..Fany?”

“Good morning.”

Yuri lifted the blanket and glanced down. She wasn’t . She was half relieved but still felt a little awkward.

“What happened last night?”

“You were drunk. I saw you at the pub. Your car is still there. I took a cab and ended up at one of the nearby motels. I hope you don’t mind. I was a little tipsy too.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t worry. You slept on the bed. I was on the couch the whole night.”

Yuri turned to find a pillow and blanket on the couch.

“Thanks Tiffany.”

“You’re welcome. But are you alright? You were crying last night.”

“I did?”

“Yeah, you were crying so badly. Is there something bothering you, Yuri?”

Tiffany was drying her hair as she sat on the bed; facing Yuri. Yuri bit her tongue; she just couldn’t possibly tell Tiffany the reason for her tears was because of her.

“I’m just tired I guess.”

“Are you stressed out at work?”

“Yeah, I was.”

“Take a break once in a while, Yuri. Work is not everything.”

Tiffany stood up and found the hair dryer in the drawer.  Yuri decided to shower and got up from the bed. She quickly rushed to the bathroom; her face was blushing too much. She couldn’t let Tiffany see.

“Yuri ah, I’m going out to buy some breakfast. What do you want to eat?”

“I eat anything.”

“Oh? Okay then. I’ll see you later.”

Yuri heard the door opened and closed again. She leaned against the sink; staring at the mirror in front of her. How the hell did she end up with Tiffany? And why, of all people, it had to be Tiffany? Yuri was washing her face when suddenly Jessica came into her mind. She was horrified.

“! JESSICA!”

She sprung out of the bathroom and searched for her phone. She found it; hidden in her blazer pocket. She took out the phone and her heart sank immediately. There were 100 missed calls just from Jessica alone.

“Oh no.”

Yuri feared for the worst.

*

Jessica was lying on the bed with a cold towel over her forehead. She was running temperature and she had just fallen asleep about an hour ago. Yoona had to coax her to sleep. It took her several hours before Jessica got exhausted and fell asleep eventually. Yoona pulled the blanket over Jessica and sat on the sofa; just next to Jessica’s bed.

She looked on; with a heavy heart. Jessica went berserk this morning and Yoona had a difficult time to calm her down.  

It took Yoona 15 minutes to reach Yuri’s place. But the sight of Jessica breaking down was terrifying enough for Yoona. Jessica was pulling her hair tightly and kept yelling for Yuri. Yoona rushed in and pulled Jessica into her embrace. She hugged the lady tightly as Jessica trashed around in her grip.

“Shh, shh. I’m here. I’m here, Sica.”

“YURI AH!”

“Sica, calm down!”

“Where did Yuri go? You told me she would be back soon. But why isn’t she home yet? It’s already 4 am! She’s planning to leave me, right?”

“No, Sica. Maybe she’s caught up at work.”

“She should have told me!”

“Maybe she forgot.”

“Where’s your sister?”

Yoona remembered her parents telling her that Tiffany was with Taeyeon.

“Tiffany is not with her, Jessica. She’s with her university classmate.”

“She told you?”

“My mom told me.”

“Yuri hates me! She must have left me! Yoona, I want Yuri back!”

“Jessica, calm down. Please, Jessica. Don’t be like this.”

Jessica buckled and fell onto the floor. Yoona was kneeling down beside her; hugging Jessica tightly in her arms. She wished she could take away the pain but she knew she couldn’t. The only person who could do that was Kwon Yuri.

Jessica was still struggling to break free from Yoona’s grip but the younger lady was stronger. Jessica tried to rebel further by biting hard onto Yoona’s arm but Yoona wouldn’t let go. She endured the pain as she clenched her fist tightly. Eventually, Jessica gave up and she let go. She cried in Yoona’s arms instead.

“Yoona, Yuri hates me.”

“No silly. She doesn’t hate you.”

“Then why isn’t she here?”

“I don’t know, Jessica. I really don’t know.”

“Maybe she’s in trouble!”

“Jessica, you have to calm down first. I promise you. I will look for Yuri, alright? You have to promise me that you’ll keep calm.”

“How do I do that, Yoona? I love her, Yoona. Why can’t she love me the same way as I do for her?”

Yoona just kept quiet; her heart was aching so badly. It hurt her a lot. Because at the end of everything, only one person matters to Jessica the most – Kwon Yuri.

“Yuri only loves Tiffany. She will always love Tiffany. There’s no room for me in her heart. Even if she tries so hard, she will never ever love me the way she loves Tiffany.”

“Then forget her, Jessica. Let her go.”

“I can’t. I love her too much. I rather die than to let her go.”

Jessica cried after that. And so did Yoona. She cried silently as Jessica mumbled Yuri’s name over and over again. Yoona felt like shouting at her but she knew it would just make matters worse.

So the younger lady bit her tongue with tears flowing down her cheeks. Jessica couldn’t see them. Yoona hid her face from Jessica’s view.

Yoona was sighing away.  Jessica was still sleeping. She seemed peaceful now. Yoona went over to her side and sat beside her. She watched Jessica breathing softly; the princess was an absolute beauty. She leaned closer and traced Jessica’s lips with her index finger. They were almost inviting – those promiscuous and kissable lips of Jessica Jung.

Yoona tried to control herself but she just couldn’t resist. She stared hard at Jessica’s lips before swallowing hard. She subconsciously came closer towards Jessica; pouted her lips together and then softly placed them on Jessica’s.

Fireworks exploded in Yoona’s head.  Her intuition was right. Jessica’s lips were just too addictive.

“Jessica Jung, I love you. I really love you so much.”

Yoona was tearing.

*

“Fany, how much was the room?”

“Hmm?”

Tiffany was biting into her donut and she turned around with it dangling from . The sight amused Yuri so much. She giggled softly.

“What?”

“You’re so cute.”

Tiffany gave her eye smile immediately and Yuri was taking a mental picture of it. She wanted to remember that eye-smile forever.

“You don’t have to bother about the room. It’s not that expensive.”

“I’m sorry that you have to spend the night with me again.”

“Huh?”

“This is the time we slept in the same place together.”

“Ah, it’s okay. I was just worried about you last night. I called my mother and told her I won’t be home. Lincoln was already fast asleep.”

“Do you have to rush home now? Lincoln might be looking for you.”

“He’s just a baby, Yuri. He’ll be fine with my mother.”

Tiffany was chewing off the donut before pouring herself another cup of coffee. She got some donuts for breakfast and made coffee what was given as complimentary gifts from the motel. There was a flask and it was convenient for the guests to make coffee.

“Do you need a ride home, Tiffany?”

“Nah, it’s alright. I think you should home soon. Jessica might be looking for you.”

Yuri’s smile faded at the mention of Jessica. It was going to be hell later on. They might end up fighting again. Yuri shrugged her shoulders and Tiffany happened to see it.

“What’s wrong?”

“Huh?”

“I saw you shrugging your shoulders after I mentioned Jessica. Did something happen?”

Yuri kept quiet. Tiffany’s guess was right.

“You fought with Jessica last night?”

“No, we didn’t. It’s just that I..”

Yuri wondered if she should confess.

“Do you have a change of heart, Yuri?”

How the hell did Tiffany know?

“How..?”

“You hardly speak about Jessica. It was just one or two sentence and that was it. I didn’t see you contacting Jessica since just now. Do you still love her, Yuri?”

“It’s complicated, Tiffany.”

“What is? The relationship?”

“Yes, it’s not like our relationship was on bed of roses. It was more like a bed of needles and nails.”

“What? How did it end like that?”

Yuri bit her lower lip. She was contemplating. If she was to confess, what would happen to her relationship with Jessica? Or worse, what if Tiffany stayed away from her after that?

“You don’t wish to talk about it?”

“Tiffany..”

“Well, I won’t force you but you have to think it through. You are hurting Jessica if you cannot make up your mind.”

“Tiffany, I cannot leave Jessica. I’m trapped with her.”

“What?”

“Jessica’s too in love with me. She’s just way too deep now. I cannot leave her. She might have gone crazy if I do.”

“But you cannot continue like this. And who’s the other person in your heart now? Are you having an affair with someone else?”

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at Yuri; displaying her disapproval. Yuri couldn’t imagine what Tiffany would think if she confess.

“That person doesn’t know, Tiffany. She will never know.”

“What?”

“I’ve been in love with that person for the longest time. I just didn’t have the courage to let her know.”

“How long has that been?”

“It has been 5 years.”

“Oh my god, Yuri! Then why did you agree to go with Jessica?!”

“I thought I could forget that girl.”

“And now you can’t seem to do that and hurt that poor girl all this while?”

“Are you mad with me, Tiffany?”

“You hurt my friend too.  I’m regretting for not keeping in touch with her. We used to be close but I know how much Jessica adores you. She used to whine at me about you.”

Yuri’s heart sank. Tiffany was having a bad impression of her right now. How could she forget how close Jessica and Tiffany used to be?

“Tiffany, you’re judging me, aren’t you?”

“What else can I say?”

“I’m not sure if I should say this.”

“What do you want to say now?”

“Tiffany...”

Yuri decided to confess. It was now or never. It was for better or worse. She just couldn’t take the pressure anymore.

“Yuri, what is it that you want to say?”

“The person I’ve always been in love with is someone you know too well.”

“What?”

Tiffany’s eyes grew larger.

“Oh my god, don’t tell me it’s Yoona!”

“No..”

“The person I know so well?”

Tiffany was confused.

“That person....”

Yuri swallowed hard. She wasn’t thinking anymore.

“That person is you, Tiffany.”

Tiffany was stunned for words.

*

“Yoona, where are you?”

Yoona was awakened by Tiffany’s call. She looked at the time and groaned. She barely had an hour of sleep. She quickly turned to check on Jessica. The lady was still sleeping soundly. She then turned to the phone.

“Unnie? Why are you panicking?”

Yoona was fully awake now. Her sister’s jittery voice was bothering her.

“Can I see you?”

“Unnie, is everything alright?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“I’m at Yuri’s place.”

“What?”

“Yuri didn’t return home and Jessica went crazy. She called me last night.”

“Is Jessica alright?”

“She’s sleeping now.”

“Is Yuri home yet?”

“No? Are you alright?”

“I’m coming over. Give me 10 minutes.”

Tiffany hung up immediately; leaving Yoona even more perplexed. What was going on? Suddenly she heard the door opened. Yuri was looking lifeless but Yoona had already pounced on her; grabbing her by the collar.

“You !”

“What are you doing here?”

“Where the hell did you go?!”

Yuri just ignored Yoona and walked past her. She went in and saw Jessica sleeping. She closed the door behind and came face to face with her pissed off best friend.

“It’s none of your business.”

“Kwon Yuri!”

Yuri wasn’t in the mood to talk anymore. She just stared at Yoona.

“She went berserk yesterday. She was almost crazy!”

“Jessica! Jessica! All you think of is Jessica! Can’t you think of my position too!? I’m dying as well, Yoona! I love your sister too much that I’m trapped in her world! You think I want to do this?!”

“Why you!”

“I don’t want this to happen but I cannot control my feelings!”

“Don’t you even love Jessica?”

Yuri sighed. She finally understood her feelings for Jessica. It was out of pity; never love that she stayed with Jessica. The lady was giving her a lot of emotional blackmailing and Yuri didn’t want to feel guilty – that was the reason why she stayed with Jessica.

“I don’t love her, Yoona. I’m with her because I pity her.”

Yoona was bewildered and Tiffany happened to be at the front door. It was wide open and then someone else was there too – Jessica Jung.

“What did you say, Yuri?”

“I don’t love her. I love Tiffany Hwang.”

It was just too much for Jessica to take.

*

“YURI!”

BANG!

“NO! JESSICA!”

“OH MY GOD!”

“JESSICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

It was chaotic. Jessica was lying in a pool of blood; her eyes were closed. Yuri ran towards her; she was going ballistic. Yoona was trembling in fear. And Tiffany was in a total shock.

How did this happen?

It shouldn’t happen.

But it did.

*