Chapter Five

Adventures to Elaria

Tok! Tok! Tok!

“Who's that?” the old lady shrieked cautiously as the door of her house was knocked.

No answers.

“I’m asking, who's that?!” she asked for the second time.

“Oh, I’m sorry, imo-nim. I didn’t hear you asked me that. I’m Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung. I’m with my two friends, Kim Hyoyeon and Hwang Miyoung...”

“Yahhh... What’s with that Miyoung? It’s Tiffany though. Called me Tiffany!” Tiffany said, interfering Sooyoung who are in the middle of asking-for-help conversation.

“It’s your name, of course. Not my name. Meanwhile, could you please stay quiet for a while? I'm in the middle of conversation, dude,”

“Aishh. Ehhh..”

“Shhhh...” Sooyoung said, commanding Tiffany to stay shut up.

“I’m sorry, imo-nim. This Miyoung can’t just stop talking. Actually, we’ve lost. It’s been hours since we’ve try to find our way back to our place. But, it’s looks like we can’t find it. And, since we’re hungry actually, could you please give us some food. We’re totally hungry. Besides, it’s getting darker out here. We need a place to rest and to sleep too. And, since there’s only your cottage around here, I hope you could help us. Please imo-nim. We’re really needs your help. We can pay you for the room and food if you don’t want us to stay and eat for free. Please, imo-nim. Can’t you?”

No answers.

Sooyoung sighed.

“You do talk too much without the work product, huh?” Tiffany teased.

“Then you try yourself. I challenged you,”

“Okay...” Tiffany lightly accepted and walks towards the main door.

“Wait. Where’s Hyoyeon?” Sooyoung asked. Tiffany who had herself prepared infront of the door answered by pointing out her lips to where Hyoyeon is.

“Yah, Hyoyeon-ah! What are you doing there? Come here faster! It’s seems too dark right there. Don’t you scare?” Sooyoung shouted out calling for Hyoyeon who’s standing a few metres away from the house and, who was infront of a thick forest. It’s so dark that nothing can be seen inside of it.

“I’m okay here. You guys just go on with that coaxing-talk with the imo-nim. I’ll go there once the boss of the house opened the door. For the meantime, I’ll try to find any sign of track that can bring us home. Who knows i might found the way back,"

"Are sure you'll find it?"

"I guess-- maybe,”

“Do you want me to accompany you?”

“No. It’s okay,”

“You’re sure?”

“Yeah!”

Hyoyeon signed Sooyoung that she is okay by showing her thumb. Her eyes were all over the ground trying to find any track that may led them to their world.

“Okay then,”

“This is so frustrating,” Hyoyeon mumbles by herself as she started to feel tired of her un-ending searching. Pieces of wood in her hands were thrown away into the forest when suddenly she could hear the leaves moves against each other as something walked besides it.

“Who’s there?” Hyoyeon bravely asked. At the same time, her feet start to step backward--- getting ready for any possibilities that may came out from the thick forest. No answer was given. The moving sound of the ‘something’ behind the thick forest continually to be heard-- and it's getting louder.

“Who’s there, I asked?!” Hyoyeon raised her voice in asking for the second time, thinking maybe the ‘thing’ behind the forest didn’t hear her voice asking. But still, no answers were given.

Sooyoung who heard Hyoyeon's shouting, have her eyes lay on Hyoyeon.

“Hyoyeon, who are you talking to?” she asked without knowing nothing.

“Neither me don’t know,” Hyoyeon answer without looking back. Her eyes were fixed to where the sound was heard.

“What?”

As Hyoyeon keeps on stepping backward, the moving sound’s gets louder-- and nearer. Sooyoung who also start to hear the sound start to have her heart thumping fast, waiting for what is behind the forest.

But then, the noise inside the forest disappeared. Like before. Before they could released a relieved sigh, then suddenly a creature comes out while roaring and jumps down a few feet away from Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon was too shocked by the unpredictable creature that she can’t even move her feet anymore.

“Just—what is that?” Sooyoung whispers to nobody.

The creature walks towards her and once again roars angrily right infront of her face.

'Hyo, run—' Sooyoung wish

But, she won’t move. Even a bit. The creature keeps on staring her with its angriness.

“Wh- wh- what are you?” Hyoyeon asked.

No answer except a deep-vicious gaze from the creature.

'I've told you to not come,' the creature said with it's eyes. But, the three of them could heard it. Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Tiffany.

“Come inside before you get killed!” the old lady suddenly opens her door and asked them to get inside with a wooden torch in her hand.

“But, our friend...” Sooyoung paused for a moment.

“I’ll settle that,” that old lady replied as she runs towards the creature with the wooden torch. The creature which seems to be afraid of the fire stepped back and leaves them into the forest. Hyoyeon still couldn’t get her mind straight forward. She keeps on staring the creature as it’s disappeared into the forest.

“Get inside! Now!” the old lady commands.

“Oh, okay,” she answer blankly. She walks towards the house with the old lady following her back and when she reached the door, she looks back and she could see a pair of eyes was watching them from the forest. The creature’s eye.

‘Why?’ Hyoyeon thought.

______________________________________________________________________

 “They are here? Those unpromising heroes of Elaria? And-- they are girls?  This is too funny. I guess The King is just too stupid for summoning those little girls to defeat me. I thought they would summon brave men who can really fight me. Isn’t this too much for me? Or-- did he look down upon what I actually can do to him?”

 “It’s okay. We’ll show him what I’ll do to his Guardians. Since they are here, make sure we found them first, before the King did. You got that ...”

“...Luhan?”

“Yes, My Queen,” he replied as he keeps on staring the Queen with his red-filled eyes. No smile or sweetness in his expression.  Only angriness that are filled in every of his gaze that are indescribable by others.

“That is why I love you, my dear Luhan. Your faith is too sweet for me, including about your faith of killing your own father. I like that the most and if that is really happening, I’ll consider to not kill you, Luhan,” the Queen said as she whispers those words in the ear of Prince Luhan.

“Yes, My Queen,” Prince Luhan replied as he nodded his head.

The Queen smirks and without hesitation she landed a kiss on his lips.

“Did you know why I love you too dearly, my dear Luhan? Because you can give me throne that I’ve always want to have. Do you know which throne it is—Luhan?”

 “Yes, my Queen— it’s the king’s throne. I’ll make sure that throne is yours someday— I promised,” Prince Luhan said feeling-less. 

“Of course you’ll make it mine because you’re going to give it to me by yourself. Like what we’ve planned before. Right, Luhan?”

“Yes, my Queen--”

“Good. Then, get out! I hate seeing your mother’s face in yours. It’s irritating me,”

He bowed— turned around—and leave the witch-queen in her big hall alone.

“You dare to challenge me, don’t you, Heechul? You’ll see what I’ll do to your Guardians and your sons. I’ll kill your Guardians and let all of your sons to be my forever-slaves. And, you— I’ll make sure that you came to me on your knees begging me for your life. You’ll see Heechul—you’ll see,” the witch shrieked in grimace and then laugh out hearthily.

_______________________________________________________________________

“Who are you?” the old lady asked, unfriendly while holding tightly on a little child who stands behind her back. He seems scared as he grasped her mother old clothes tightly.

"Is that your child?" Sooyoung asked playfully.

"Don't change the subject. Tell me who are you. All of you!"

“Well... I’m Choi Sooyoung. This is Kim Hyoyeon, and this is Hwang Miyoung. As I said before, we were lost and we’re really can’t find our way back to our place. So, to be honest, we would like to have some food and some place to sleep since we’re actually got a lot—a lot of tired. We have walks for about 5 kilometres—or maybe more than that and we’ve seen no houses or any little cute cottage like yours when we finally found this little cottage which are yours and we decided to stay here for a while. But, you didn’t want to open the door and then there’s that weird creature that trying to attack my dearest friend, Hyoyeon, and we—“

“Could you please shut up, Sooyoung?” Tiffany snapped her explanation which seems to be no ending.

“What??? I’m explaining things to this imo-nim and you snapped that? How could you, Miyoung-sshi,”

“She’s only asking who we are. Not to explain what we’ve experienced before,”

“Oh—  yeah? I thought she asked me more than that. Sorry—“Sooyoung grinned, showing her teeth.

“Guys—Respect the imo-nim. Don’t act like you’re a little child. Even the boy aren't acting like you guys. Have some little shame on him," Hyoyeon interferes the conversation furiously

“So, tell me—honestly—who are you?”

“I’m sorry, imo-nim. As my Friend has said, I’m Hyoyeon, this is Sooyoung and this is Tiffany—or Miyoung. Actually, we’re someone who’s suddenly got lost in here. In this place which even us didn’t know where it is. We’ve try to find our way back home, but it seems like we’re really has stucked in here,”

“How long have you been in here?”

“Emmm—4 hours— maybe?”

"Maybe?! How did you guys ended up being here? How?"

"We didn't know that imo-nim," Tiffany answers politely.

"Hey, little boy," while Hyoyeon and Tiffany was having some story-conversation with the old lady, Sooyoung quietly takes her chance to try to have some talk with that little boy.

"Hey, handsome boy. Why don't you come here? Noona won't do bad to you," she said as she squatted down not so far from him.

The boy shook his head, refusing Sooyoung's invitation.

"Come on... I have some candy for you. Here," Sooyoung rummage in her left pocket of her short jeans and bring out some leftover candies in her hand.

"Come, take this," Sooyoung won't concede herself in coaxing the little boy and try to pass the candies to that boy.

"What is that?"the boy asked, a positive reaction from him. Sooyoung smiles got wider as the boy react to her strategy.

"Well. This is candy. It is some kind of sweet to be eat. Here. Have this. I'm giving it to you,"

"Mom won't let me to take it,"

"It's okay. Your mom is talking to my friends, she won't know that. Come on," the boy hesitated, but eventually take it from Sooyoung bravely and moved back to his place by his mother's back.

"Thank you, noona," the boy whisper.

"You're welcome, handsome boy," 

A few seconds after receiving the candy, the boy came back to Sooyoung while carrying a dead rose in his hand.

"For you, noona,"

"But, it's dead,"

"Still, i'm giving you," the boy refused.

"Well... Okay. Thank you,"

The dead rose finally exchange it's owner. Sooyoung pat on the boy's head and start to join in with her other friends while holding the dead rose in her left hand.

The boy get back to his place when he suddenly called for his mother.

"Omma. Omma. Look at that," the boy said as he pointing out his finger towards Sooyoung's hand where the dead rose is.

"What?" the old lady asked.

"The rose. Omma, it's blooming," the boy respond as he continued to point out where the dead rose.

The old lady lay her gaze to where her son has pointed and suddenly she lost her words. The other three girls who also overheard what the boy has said, also have their eyes lay to Sooyoung's hand. For Tiffany and Hyoyeon who thought the flower was naturally bloomed by itself, wasn't surprised at all. But, for Sooyoung, who actually know that the rose was actually dead just now is now has blooming beautifully in her hand, lost her words.

"You're-- you're-- you're the Guardians!" the old lady exclaimed without even believing it. All eyes are on Sooyoung.

"What?"

________________________________________________________

Finally! Updated!

and...

 

i don't know what i'm writing about this chapter.

 

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((