Meeting

Unexpected Encounter

“Flight 88 going to Los Angeles will begin boarding, please have your tickets ready,” one of the airline staff said over the intercom.

Dara grabbed her bag and started to walk towards the long line of people waiting to board. Another project…this really should be life changing. She smiled widely, and looked out the huge glass window at the plane she was about to board, I’m going to miss San Francisco…she thought sadly. She handed her ticket to the attendant and found her seat. When the airplane lifted off she placed her headphones in and started to play music by her favorite group, Big Bang. Every time I listen to them, I just feel so happy. She gently smiled and closed her eyes drifting off into sleep for the remainder of the flight.

Dara woke up to someone tapping her on the shoulder; she opened her eyes and looked at the flight attendant. “Excuse me miss, but we are about to descend, could you close your tray and put your seat in the upright position.”

Dara nodded and followed the flight attendant’s instructions.

“On behalf of this airline, I would like to thank you for choosing us for your flight from San Francisco to Los Angeles,” the pilot stated as they landed and parked.

Dara quickly gathered her things and walked off the plane and picked up her luggage at baggage claim, Aigoo, I didn’t even know how much I need to go to the bathroom until right now. Bathroom, bathroom, where is it? Ah! There’s one! She quickly walked into the women’s bathroom to relieve herself. Thank goodness no one is in here!

Ah, I feel so much better! Dara thought as she flushed the toilet. She grabbed her handbag from the door and went to go wash her hands. She washed them and turned to get the paper towel to dry her hands when she saw a figure hunched over the sink.

"Excuse me...but are you okay?" she asked concerned.

"Huh?" the person looked up and then over at her. Fans are crazy enough to follow me into the bathroom???? That's just sick! 

Recognition registered in her eyes, "Are you okay? I mean I'm a huge fan, but why are you in the girl's bathroom Jiyong?" she tilted her head in confusion, who would have thought I would meet him here. I mean I'm a HUGE fan of Big Bang, but this is just strange...and that look of horror on his face doesn't look good...

"WHAAAATT?!" he screamed

Dara was shocked at how loud Jiyong screamed, “Aish, you don’t have to scream so loud.”

“I’m in the women’s restroom?? Seriously? As if this day couldn’t get worse,” He said slumping over the sink.

“What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?” he repeated sarcastically, “Fans keep following me everywhere! It’s driving me up the wall right now.” He raked his fingers through his hair, “Sorry, I’m just a little stressed right now. I didn’t mean to scream,” he let out a sigh and faced her, “Hello I’m G-dragon from Big Bang.” He extended a hand towards her.

She smiled and shook it, “Hello it’s nice to meet you. I’m Sandara Park, I’m a designer. Oh…and by the way, I already knew who you were.”

“You did?” he raised an eyebrow. Then it dawned on him, she’s speaking Korean! She must be from Korea or something. “Are you from Korea?”

She nodded, “Yeah, I moved to America when I was in middle school though. Oh, and to answer your question about how I know you, I’m a big fan of Big bang.” She held up her iPod to show him that she was listening to one of their songs. “I’ve been following you guys since you debuted about 5 years ago.”

“Ah, I see. Thank you for the support and love. Um…I know this is kind of awkward, since we’re in a restroom and everything, but can you help me?”

“Sure, anything, what do you need?”

“I need to get out of here without attracting the attention of all my fans.”

She laughed a little, “don’t you have bodyguards or managers or something for that?”

“Yeah, but I ended up traveling alone for this, since my manager needed to be here at an earlier time. I thought I could disguise myself well enough, but it just didn’t happen,” he frowned.

“Ah, I see. Well…” she tried to think of solutions, then a light bulb went off. “Ok, I have an idea! Can you take of your clothes?” she asked innocently.

Take off my clothes?!” This woman! She’s just like the rest of them!

Dara laughed at his reaction, “I think you misunderstood, I meant, take of your jacket and put one of mine on. Your fans know what you’re wearing, correct? So if you put on some of my clothes on, they won’t realize it’s you.”

“Oh, that could work,” he looked her up and down, I didn’t notice before but she’s really cute, I guess I got lucky, he smiled, “but I don’t think I’ll fit into any of your clothes. You are really skinny! You need to eat.”

Dara rolled her eyes, “I do eat! Why doesn’t anyone ever believe me?! And don’t worry I tend to like oversized sweatshirts, so they should fit you.” She went to her luggage and opened it. When she found her old school sweater she handed it to him. “Here, this way they won’t expect it. If they saw someone wearing a UC Berkley sweater they wouldn’t even look twice to notice that it was you. Ah and here’s a hat and wig.” She said handing him a beanie and long brown wig.

“Thanks…but um…why do you have a wig?”

“I said I was a designer, didn’t I?” she said while closing her luggage. “I came to Los Angeles because I’m part of a new project, so just in case I brought a lot of things, including a wig.” She turned back to where he was standing; he already put on the sweater, holding his own in his arm. “Here, I’ll help you with that,” she said as she saw him struggle with the wig.

She got closer to him, and made sure to try and tuck all of his hair into the wig. She smells so sweet…like strawberries, Jiyong closed his eyes for a moment taking in her smell.

“There you go,” Dara said admiring her work. Jiyong looked like a normal college student and with his feminine face, it was easy to mistake him for a girl. The wig was perfect since the bangs cover his eyes slightly. He started to place his sunglasses back on when Dara said, “don’t put those on.” She grabbed his glasses from his hands, “Those make you look like a celebrity, I mean who else wears sunglasses inside airports. Here,” she dug a pair of non-prescription glasses out of her bag.

“Awesome, thanks…um I don’t really know when I’ll be able to give them back to you though.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it, I can get new stuff. Anyways where are you heading?”

“Oh, um. I’m  heading for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.”

“Oh! Me too, I can give you a ride if you want, that way you won’t be spending more money, and you can give me my stuff back, how does that sound?” she asked.

He contemplated the idea, “I suppose that will work.”

“Okay then, let’s go!” she pointed, “Oh! Also, here,” she handed him her bags, “Take my bags and I’ll take yours. That way it’ll be the perfect disguise,” she giggled to herself.

When he hear her giggle, he smiled, what a strange girl, but I’m lucky she’s the one I met. He took her bags and headed towards the bathroom exit.

 

 

A/N: Hello! I can't believe I'm writing another story, aigoo. Anyways, I hope you like story! Thanks for reading :)