1

Love worth millions

Heechul unlocked the door to the apartment and opened it. With a sigh he grabbed his suitcase and made his way inside, pushing the door closed with his foot. He stopped briefly to take off his shoes and made his way into the living room.

“Your vacation it’s over so soon?” Sungmin asked from the couch. He was sprawled on it, munching on a carrot. He was on diet. His became too big to get inside his favorite skinny jeans so he decided to cut the sweets.

Heechul raised a curious eyebrow at his friend, but decided to ignore this new weirdness. He went and sat on the couch after he pushed his friend’s legs to make space for himself.

Sungmin glared at him “So? Why are you home after just one week? I thought you said you were going to spend a month in Hawaii, and then some other island, or something like that.”

Heechul sighed “She asked me to marry her,” he informed his friend.

Sungmin chocked on his carrot. Again? True, his friend was beautiful, even though he was a man, and he had a multitude of admires, both men and women, but the fact that every single relationship that he had, ended like this was becoming ridiculous. Especially since he only used the women he dated for money.

No falling in love, get as much as you can while it lasts and if the relationship becomes too serious, break it up. Those were the rules Kim Heechul was living his life.

“So what are you going to do now?” the younger man asked.

“Find someone else.” Heechul shrugged.

“Don’t you get tired of this kind of life?” Sungmin asked curious. It’s been years since he’s seen Heechul actually interested in a woman, and not on the size of her wallet.

“What do you mean?” Heechul asked pretending to be dense.

Sungmin rolled his eyes. “Why don’t you look for someone that you’re actually interested in,” he suggested.

“You realize that I won’t be able to lead this kind of life anymore. That means no rent for you.” Heechul yawned. They had this talk so many times already.

“I don’t need rent. I’ve already told you when I asked you to move in with me. You were the one that insisted to pay.” The younger man reminded him.

“Because I don’t need charity, and you know it.”

“It’s not charity. And if it is someone that receives charity, that’s me. You’re doing me a favor, living with me when my parents even forget that I exist. Thank God that their incredible employees remember to fill my account every month.”

Heechul grimaced. He didn’t know what to say when Sungmin brought the subject of his parents. In twelve years since he knew the blond he saw his parents around only 3 times. The younger man raised himself.

“So?” the blond continued. “Are you going to look for someone to have a serious relationship with?”

“I’m going to tell you again. I can’t live this life anymore if I don’t do what I am.”

“Why not?” Sungmin asked irritated. He hated when the older man acted like this. “You can find a good job, that pays well. It’s not like you’re stupid or something. Actually I think you’re scared to face the real world, and you hide behind this mask you’ve created for yourself.”

Heechul avoided the younger man’s gaze. “I’m going to take a shower.” He stood up from the couch and walked to fetch his suitcases.

“Donghae performs tonight, and I’m going to see him. You coming?”

“Sure.  He’s at the bar, right now?” Heechul asked realizing just now that his clingy cousin wasn’t around the apartment.

“Mhm, he’s rehearsing.”

“Oh, call me when you’re leaving.” Heechul grabbed his suitcases and made his way to his room.

 

 

 

“Aunty, I’m back.” Hyuna yelled when she walked inside the house.

“Can’t you just go to her room and tell her that you’re back, instead of trying to damage my hearing for the rest of my life?” Kyuhyun complained.

“What bit your today?” Hyuna asked curious. Kyuhyun was always y, but today was worse than ever.

“I haven’t slept well.”

Hyuna raised an eyebrow but didn’t commented. She came with terms that her bestfriend was weird since they were 7. Sometimes she didn’t know why she bothered to ask what happened. She always received some no sense answers.

“Are you sure that it’s ok to stay with my aunt today?” Hyuna asked him once again.

Her aunt was very sick. Due the fact that she worked hard all her life to give the best to her and her sister, when their parents left them, right now she was really sick. Sometimes, like today, she was feeling worse, and she was worried to leave her alone. She had to go to work today because one of her workmates asked her to come in her place. Whenever she had to work and her aunt was unwell, she asked one of her bestfriends to help her and keep an eye on her aunt.

“Yeah. I’ll use the time to update my blog.”

Hyuna rolled her eyes. Nerd. “I’m going to check on my aunt. Be right back.”

“Kay.” Kyuhyun plopped on the couch and took Hyuna’s laptop to log in to his blog.

Hyuna made her way to her aunt’s room. Opening the door slowly she peeked in to see if her aunt was asleep.

“Hey!” her aunt greeted her.

“How are you feeling?” Hyuna asked making her way to the bed and sat next to her aunt.

“Better. How were classes?”

“Long and boring.” Hyuna sighed dramatically.

Her aunt giggled.

“Hungry?” Hyuna asked the older woman.

“No.”

“I came to tell you that I have to go to work tonight. Kyuhyun will stay with you until I come back.”

“Hyuna, don’t bother the boy. I’m going to be fine by myself.”

“He doesn’t have anything better to do anyways. He’s just going to be his nerdy self. He can do that from here too.” Hyuna explained.

Her aunt rolled her eyes. These kids weren’t going to change ever.

“I’m going to change quickly and then I’ll come and say goodbye. If you need anything, just yell. Kyuhyun is here at your disposition.” Hyuna told her, making the older woman laugh.

Standing up she made her way to her room, to change in her working clothes. She quickly discarded the clothes she was wearing. She wanted to take a shower too, but she didn’t have enough time.  After she pulled her black pants on, and her red shirt, she brushed her hair quickly before tying it into a ponytail. She grabbed her purse and made sure she had anything inside before walking out and going to her aunt to say goodbye. After reminding her that she should ask Kyunhyun for everything she made her way to the living room, where she found her friend still in the same position.

“I’m leaving. I’ll probably be late so don’t wait for me.” She looked around the table and grabbed her phone and keys, throwing them into her purse, before walking to the door and putting her shows on.

“Call Hyukjae and ask him to pick you up, or at least call a taxi, I don’t want you to walk around at night alone.” He told her without looking up from her laptop.

“Ok. Love you.”

“Me too.” He replied before she walked out.

 

 

I just couldn't stop myself from posting this chapter. I really love this idea.

Please comment and tell me what you think.

oh.. and subscribe too ^-^