Five

Would You Smile Again

 “Yeap, I’m gonna pledge that you two are crazy,” Eunji raised her hands in defeat seeing her brother and her best friend coming out of the hair parlour, both donning the same hair colour. It wasn’t the couple hair that irked her. It was the colour. “OUT OF ALL THE SAFE COLOUR?!” she exasperated under her breath, walking alongside with the two but making sure that she’s at least 5 steps away from the two who are now linking arms and admiring each other’s blonde hair. “Mom will go crazy,” she warned from behind getting nothing but a happy giggle from the two. “Go big or go home! Eunji-ya, Let’s go home”

“I figure this is what I need all along?” Nana smiled brightly, flipping her now red wine bob in front of the other. “Heol! Who are you and what you did to my friend Nana,” Eunji’s flustered reply earned a hearty laugh from the now red haired girl. “Go big or go home?” she tilted her head with a mischievous grin. “She’ll get over this,” Nana teasingly explained to their hair dresser who had been watching their antics since earlier. All satisfied with her transformation, with her arms link with Eunji, Nana brought the two of them out of the parlor, walking down the street with cherry blossom softly blooming. “Whoaaa… it’s almost spring,” she muttered softly, looking at Eunji only to lightly slap the other’s hand. “Stop it, it’s just my hair, I’m still the same Nana,” she grinned softly. “I really need time to get use to this,” Eunji finally answered. She was completely shocked. Ever since the both of them left high school, Nana had been donning blonde throughout their friendship. This sudden hair changed definitely shocked her to say the least. “It’s just hair color. I wasn’t born blonde either,” Nana brush the topic of her hair.

 She wasn’t born blonde but of course, she’d been blonde since she got her school graduate certificates. And blonde was TOP and her trademark. A small part of her cried over the sudden changed but she’d   no more. After Eunji’s honest remark last night, Nana finally got the courage to stand back up. She needed to come back to those that love her. Those who are still here.  “I swear to God if you’re regretting your hair right now I’m gonna go Gorilla on you,” Eunji’s threat brought Nana back on track. “Nope, not gonna happen. You’re not gonna go gorilla on me. Since you’re most of the time gorilla already,” Nana teased with a hearty laugh, followed by the other.  Eunji sighed softly, she wouldn’t definitely mind to get use to this. “ Wait! Were you just implying that I’m a Gorilla?!” Eunji replied finally getting the other’s twist of words. “Gotta do something with your RAM’s Eunji. You’re downloading too slowly,” Nana teased as she walked backward since she had walked a few steps in front to avoid any physical abused.  “I still love.. Ouch,” and Nana didn’t get to finish her set of tease when her back bumped into another person who was too immersed with his phone and they both stumbled to the floor. Thanks to the other’s fast reflex, Nana was saved from hurting her back but was not saved from the embarrassment of falling into the arms of some unknown man. Eunji who was gasping loudly one moment before ended up laughing heartily at the very awkward situation before walking to the both side and helping her dumbfounded friend up. “I’m… so sorry. Should’ve watch where I’m going,” Nana uttered, embarrassed and deeply sorry for the other guy. Eunji proceed to offer her hand for the poor guy which took him a few second before he finally grab it and stood back up. “Hey, you can see me now?” Eunji suddenly half shouted which broke the guy away from his terrace. Nana was quite shocked with the other’s sudden high pitched looked at Eunji. “I remember your blonde. You’re that guy from the café!” Eunji continued as they put the pieces together. “Told ya, Kris, should have watch where you’re going!” suddenly the three of them were join by another guy.

 

Author's Note: DOUBLE UPDATE. I know, I need to work on how to end my chapters XD I hope for those who are still here, patiently subscribing will find this updates good enough. Tell me what you think about it. New subscribers are most welcome but I really cannot promise constant updates. Comments are highly appriciated too. Tell me what you think of how this will be going :B I'll try to post an update soon

xoxo,

Haneul