Three

Would You Smile Again

“Aww come on! Tell me the truth! You brought me here not because of the pledge to be a good brother but you just want me to take pictures and thousands of pictures of you two together! Admit it!” Eunji groaned handing the phone that she used to take the picture to Kris. “You should consider taking photography major Eunji!” Nana commented chuckling adding oil to the fire. Eunji clenched her teeth looking at her best friend. “Yeah, but you need to work on the annoyed tone when you are giving instructions,” TOP added. Both of them are busy checking out the photos taken playfully ignoring Eunji. Eunji’s eyes widened in disbelief. She knew it. When this morning TOP was being all nice and asked her to tag along with the two going around LOTTE WORLD. Something should not be right. And just as she guessed it, wearing white bunny ears she eventually became the two photographer of the day. “You two are mean!” Eunji stomped her feet leaving the two lovebirds chuckling in the crowd. Eunji is a fun person to play on. Her reaction will always be over the top and TOP and Nana always team up annoying the girl whenever they can. “Aww. Come. Let’s take a picture of us 3,” TOP said catching up holding Eunji’s shoulder.  He snapped a picture of them with the two of them having all hype expression and Eunji with a pout. “Here’s a cotton candy! Come on Eunji there’s a lot more pictures to be taken,” and with Nana’s offer of the candy the next picture was Eunji head locking her playfully being too annoyed.

****

“Are you…” Eunji didn’t finish her sentence. She came up to call Nana for dinner. Nana’s spending the night over at Eunji’s house. Eunji thought Nana was in the bathroom but when she came up Nana was on the bed holding an album with tears b in her eyes. Eunji let out a sigh. Nana wiped the tears that fell and brushed the picture lightly. “You were saying?” Nana said looking at Eunji who had taken a seat beside her on the bed. Eunji took the album on Nana’s lap and look at the picture of the three of them. It was last year’s. The smile was surreal. It’s like they are in their own the world. “You know you should stop doing this to yourself,” Eunji said not looking at the other girl. Her fingers brushed the picture of TOP who had a bright ear to ear smile. Her heart wrenched. She fought hard not to cry. “Give yourself a chance, Nana” tears start streaming down Nana’s face as Eunji keeps talking. “This was just few months back,” Nana said softly. “Nana… This was last year’s, you need to catch up. It’d been 6 months since TOP left us all,” Eunji said holding the other girl’s hand. “Too much of my life revolved around him Eunji. I don’t know where I should start. Wherever I look all I see is his face,” Nana utters between sobs. Eunji brushed Nana’s hands lightly, giving Nana some assurance that she’s there. It’s another break out. For 6 months, Nana had been wallowing in self-pity. She used to be the sweetheart of her parents, the joker to her friends and now she is more like a zombie without soul. She lived but with no intention on living. When TOP died from the car accident that night, he brought away a huge part of Nana. Leaving her all walled up, keeping herself in distance from everyone in her life including her parents and friends. If she wasn’t crying, Nana is always drifting away. Her thought would be elsewhere, reminiscing, recollecting memories of the past trying to live in it which eventually led to b tears in her eyes. “Do you want us to stop being friend?” Eunji asked. Sharp.  “Maybe if we stop being friend, it could stop you from going back, and you’ll stop lingering around things that happened and starts living in the present do you really want that?” Eunji doesn’t budge and tears streams down Nana’s face.  “I can’t lose you too,” it was soft but loud enough to come to Eunji’s ears. “Then stop acting like I am losing you here, you’re drifting away, I’m hold onto you so tight but you don’t even grab my hand? Come back Nana-ya,” tears that she’d been holding eventually fell.  “I’m sorry Eunji,” Nana said softly hugging the girl. “Don’t be,” she answered squeezing the girl a little.

 

Author's note: That was a very long hiatus before an update. And I am sorry if you’re disappointed with this update. I had the exact storyline in my mind so please be patient with me I’m trying to put it out as how I imagined it so it kindda take more time than I had expected. I’m totally grateful to the 8 subscribers really. You guys managed to push me to actually still write this because truth is, I almost lost interest and almost wanted to bail. But I felt bad because I know exactly the feeling of reading incomplete fic so here I am. I promised I’ll write this bit to the end so stay with me and thank you people. Also comments are very much appreciated.