The Proposal

How Come You Don't Know
 
Having been left by Jung Ryeo Won alone, she remembered how her family died a tragic accident. She closed her eyes when scenes of the accident were about to disturb her mind. She refused to remember the incident, so she hardly closed her eyes. She felt someone tapped her from behind, and when she opened her eyes, it was Kim Jong Kook. She smiled at him while trying to control her tears. "Are you okay?" asked Jong Kook. She shook her head as an answer as she freely let go of her tears.
 
Kim Jong Kook released her from the fake rope, and helped her stand up. She allowed him to touch her, and she thanked him for his help. "Thank you." she said. "What's the matter?" he asked her. "This is just for a show. That Ryeo Won-ssi made use of me on her show segment." she answered still feeling annoyed at the actress. "Are they done filming?" asked Jong Kook. "I think so." she answered. "Why did they just leave you there if they're already done?" asked by the man again. 
 
She shrugged her shoulders until she realized that the filming has not been done. She closed her eyes to cover the embarrassment that she's feeling. She's boiling really hot inside. 'Jung Ryeo Won-ssi, can't you respect other people's lives?' She heard a loud noise, and was surprised to see Jong Kook smashed the CCTV. "Ya!" she called his attention. Jong Kook smiled at her and said, "Now, there's no need for you to worry." She looked at him and asked, "Why are you so nice to me?" 
 
Jong Kook looked at her with no reaction at his face. He gave her a little smile as he said, "Because I am your bodyguard." She smiled when she heard what he said. "I am so lucky to have known someone like you." she said as she smiled at him sweetly. Jong Kook felt something is beating really fast in his chest. 'Please don't.' he told himself. He looked at the woman who is still smiling at him. 'Don't fall in love with your nation's enemy's woman.' he hardly reminded himself.
 
When they went out of the location scene, Ji Hoon welcomed them. She was shocked to see him standing there, and she thought of Jung Ryeo Won and Joo Ji Hoon's affair once again. "It's not what you think." said Ji Hoon, who read the thoughts in her mind. "Can't you let go of those negative thoughts on your mind? It makes us sick." Ji Hoon told her. She looked at Jong Kook, and looked back at the actor. "Ji Hoon-Oppa, Jong Kook-ssi has started to be my bodyguard." she said. 
 
"I know." Ji Hoon uttered. "Please take care of my woman while I'm away. Don't let other man comes her way. And don't forget your duty -- " Ji Hoon's last few words weren't audible as he thought of his real duty on Song Ji Hyo. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi? Kim Jong Kook-ssi?" he heard his name was called twice, but in reality his name has been called for the eighth time already. "I understand." he answered. Ji Hoon and Ji Hyo looked at each other. "Then, that's good." Ji Hoon told him with a smile. 
 
Ji Hoon put his hand on Ji Hyo's shoulder as he assisted her on his car. "I have never eaten dinner with you for the last few months, so I'll be making with up to you tonight." Ji Hoon told Ji Hyo. He thought of something else, and he didn't know why he reacted violently deep within. "What do you want to eat?" asked Ji Hoon. "Up to you." Ji Hyo answered. "All right." Ji Hoon said as he removed his hand on Ji Hyo's shoulder to put it on her waist.
 
They are now inside a private restaurant. Ji Hoon is sitting in front of Ji Hyo, and he is standing beside the woman. Ji Hoon is slicing a steak as he said something to Ji Hyo. "Ji Hyo-yah, when I come back, let's get married." Ji Hyo stopped drinking when she heard what her famous boyfriend asked. "Ji Hoon-ah.." she called his name. "I have thought about it for a million of times, and I would like to tie the knot with you very soon." the actor proposed. "Isn't it too soon?" asked Ji Hyo. 
 
"It's actually getting late for us to get married, so I have decided that we will marry soon." Ji Hoon answered. "B-but -- " she was about to say something, but Ji Hoon butted in. "No buts. I won't take no for an answer." Ji Hoon said. "But Jung Ryeo Won-ssi -- " she was stopped again when Ji Hoon punched the table and yelled at her, "Ya! For Christ's sake Song Ji Hyo! Why do you keep on bringing up Jung Ryeo Won when there's nothing going on between the two of us? I'm sick and tired of you thinking nonsense. Whether you like it or not, you will get married to me."
 
She was left dumbfounded when Ji Hoon walked out angrily. She looked at the people who are inside the restaurant, and gave them a bow. Her eyes met Jong Kook's small eyes, and she gave a signal that they should leave already. "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I think you were so mean to him." Jong Kook told her. "Do you think so?" she asked softly. "Yeah." he answered. "I think so, too." she said as she felt apologetic towards Joo Ji Hoon and Jung Ryeo Won. "I must have been so insecure." she added. She leaned her head on the passenger's seat without seeing that Kim Jong Kook has been staring at her with a lot of words that couldn't couldn't be read on his face, yet could be obviously seen by the look in his eyes.