The Fire

How Come You Don't Know
 
BACK TO 2013.
 
The strong wind didn't make her thoughts back in reality, and her dress could be blown by it easily. Jong Kook, who has seen something underneath, called her. She didn't hear what he's saying, and the few people, who are present in the park, could almost see the woman's undergarments. Thanks to him, no one saw what he had seen as he gave the woman a backhug. The backhug that he has given Ji Hyo surprised the both of them. "W-what are you doing?" the woman asked her. 
 
"What were you thinking? Your dress has been blown by the strong wind, but you didn't seem to know it." he asked him in a soft manner. His frontal body is so close to her back body. The heat of their skinship could be felt by the both of them, but no one is letting go of that skinship. One fan recognized Ji Hyo as she screamed, "Oh, it's Joo Ji Hoon's girlfriend, right?" Hearing the words 'Joo Ji Hoon's girlfriend', he let go of his tight backhug. "Be careful of your dress. It might be blown again." he said. 
 
Song Ji Hyo looked at him without minding the people who are talking about her cheating on Joo Ji Hoon with him around. It's as if the woman is deaf, and she couldn't hear any of those striking words. "You said you don't like skinship, so why did you do that?" she asked him blankly. He doesn't know if the question is a serious one or a light one. "I just did that to protect you from those erted people." he said. "Then, should I let the wind blow my dress again for you to hold me one more time?" 
 
He looked so confused at the woman's action. He doesn't know what she's up to, but he knows that it is not good for the two of them. Especially for him, because his heart keeps on fluttering whenever Ji Hyo talks to him like this. "Don't you like me?" she asked him. "Ya! What's wrong with you?" he concernedly asked. "Don't you like me?" she asked once again. 'Is this how a woman with a period acts?' he wondered as he is getting confused of what's happening. "Forget it." the woman then told him.
 
A lot of people are following them now that they recognized that it is Song Ji Hyo. The woman, whom the famous actor Joo Ji Hoon, has fallen in love with. "Song Ji Hyo! Song Ji Hyo!" she heard the people screamed her name. Hearing how the fans chanted her name, she was reminded of that incident again, "Song Il Gook, Song Il Gook." fans were screaming for her brother. She covered her ears tightly, so she won't hear any of the screams for they reminded her of the incident that she'd love to forget.
 
Jong Kook saw Ji Hyo's reaction towards the chants. He covered her ears for the woman, and helped her walked to the parking slot. They just came in the amusement park, but they didn't stay long. They are now inside the woman's car when Ji Hyo's phone rings. Ji Hyo, who is still lost in thoughts, didn't even look at who the caller is. "What?" she asked in a surprise tone. "Are you serious?" she asked the person on the other line again. The conversation ended quickly, and Ji Hyo looked at her as she said, "We will be guesting at a show called 'Running Man.'"
 
"Running Man?" he asked. "What is that show all about?" he asked another one. Ji Hyo sighed as she responded, "I thought saying that a bodyguard should come would make them disinterested in guesting us, especially me, but it ended up giving them a wonderful idea. So, they will be guesting celebrities with their personal assistants as well. I hope you do good on that show. I don't even know what that show is up to, but I can't bear to lose to whomever will join us as the guests." 
 
Jong Kook froze when he heard her spoke. He sure deserves to die for failing the mission before even starting it. He was not even half on his mission, yet he has committed a grave sin. He felt something about his pride was hurt. 'Is this how love works? Getting you to things that you don't even have started? And why do I have to let it end before I could even make a beginning? Ji Hyo-ssi, why do you even have to be the reason why I should feel sad yet glad at the same time? Why?' he asked Ji Hyo, who has closed her eyes, while leaning her head on the passenger's seat.
 
It didn't take them a long time going back to Ji Hyo's house, however, she noticed him not getting down. "Ji Hyo-ssi, may I borrow your car for a while? I have to go back to my hotel room to get something." he requested. "Are you crazy?" Ji Hyo asked. "Why would I let you use my car alone?" she asked him. "Then, what can I do? I don't have a car." he asked in a cute way. His face blushed when Ji Hyo's face blushed on his sudden cuteness. "Then, tag me along." she said.
 
They arrived fast at the muscled man's hotel room. Jong Kook was about to change clothes when he carelessly put his wallet near the lampshade on the living room. Ji Hyo was bored, and as she wanted to put on a joke, she tried to get the man's wallet. Jong Kook saw this, so he hurriedly tried to get it from the woman. But Ji Hyo more by putting it up on the air using her hand, and both of them stopped moving when the scene earlier happened again. 
 
Kim Jong Kook's left hand is on Ji Hyo's waist, while his right hand was on Ji Hyo's shoulder facing front. Ji Hyo turned around to look at him, and it's as if he was hypnotized by the beauty of the woman in front of her. Their faces are now closed to each other as well as their fiery eyes. Ji Hyo gulped a little, as he inches his face forward and asked in a sweet tone, "Can I kiss you?" Ji Hyo nodded, so with the woman's approval, he gently pressed his lips against her lower lip. And just as they were about to start whispering using their mouths... the doorbell rang.