Ⓢ Joy of Cooking

✎_Behind the mushroom _⍾ | Story & Applyfic Ideas

Joy of Cooking
by IsabelleT


She closed her eyes and let the subtle sweet fragrance lingered as she stared at the piece of art.
" So, this is the last review I am going to write?" She asked the person beside her who once was her manager.
"Yes, I am sorry."
" You should be. Cause no way this would be the final review."

Plot sypnosis:

Haneul (changeable) and her father are not foreign to the culinary. Her father is a well known sous chef in the most expensive hotel in Korea while she herself, born with a soup spoon in , is one of the sought after food critics, though it is only her penname that was famous, no one really knew it was her. However, one mistake changed their lives forever. Being accused of food poisioning one of the political ministers, her father lands on hot soup and subtly it affects Haneul as well. She was no longer allowed to judge or given any job at all.

It boils down to one thing. In order to find out who framed her, she had to start small again. And by small, she had to work in a smelly old kitchen of an old eatery as an assistant chef to one of the laziest chef she has seen. Will things work out between them? Will Haneul come to realize that cooking is not just an occupation but something of passion? Will she clear her father's name or does still waters run deep?

As for Mr lazy chef, his father worked his heart out to open this small but homely eatery. But because of an heart attack, he left nothing but the eatery to his son. However Mr lazy wants nothing to do with it. With no other choice, he took it under his wing and the name of the eatery is tarnished. Will a new worker of the eatery bring about a change that it needs? Is the heat around the kitchen going to bring about something else other than what's on the plate?

Genre: Romance & mystery.

Characters: Haneul, Mr lazy chef, her father & the eatery workers (optional)

Inspiration: This idea came about a month ago. I was watching one of Singapore's drama, Served H.O.T but the idea came to me much later when the last episode ended. So here it is :)

Suggestions: I think this story would be a very down-to-earth with "warm humour". I don't really know how to explain it but it just has that feeling. Haneul can totally be someone who is insensitive and "robotic", something like Suzy's character in Dream High (in the beginning) and Mr lazy chef... I imagined his character to be like Kang Kyung Joon in Big. 

Status: Available

P.s: Sorry for being on hiatus for so long, have been really busy.