Chapter 6

I Can't Even Die Because You Might Come Back

The next day, Taeyeon comes early to class. She passes a message to Baekhyun saying that Seohyun wants to meet him at the rooftop. Baekhyun goes with a heavy mind. He really wants to know what is Seohyun’s relationship with the guy that he saw yesterday.

The moment he arrives, he saw a girl sitting on a bench.

Baekhyun: You’re not Seohyun are you?

Taeyeon: Uhh.. how did you know?

Baekhyun: I can recognize Seohyun just by seeing her backside.

Taeyeon: If I asked you to meet me, you must be throwing 1001 lame excuses. So I sold Seohyun’s name.

Baekhyun: I’m sorry about yesterday, I couldn’t even pay attention to what you were saying.

Taeyeon: Uuhh? I see.


Both of them overlooking downtown from the rooftop.  Baekhyun didn’t realize there was such a place, as Taeyeon turns to Baekhyun and says that she lied to him about something.  

Taeyeon: When we were high-school students, you asked me to pass this to Seohyun but I couldn’t.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulls out the dolphin keychain that was meant for Seohyun.  Baekhyun recognizes it right away.

Baekhyun: But you still have a chance to give to her.

Taeyeon: It’s not that I couldn’t but I wouldn’t. I don’t want Seohyun to remember you at all. I’m afraid that you would be in Seohyun’s heart. It drives me crazy just thinking that she is in your heart.

Baekhyun: Taeyeon-naa, I thought that we are just friends.

Taeyeon: It’s not about when we were young! It’s about now. You are my first love and I am so happy that we are still meeting each other. I want to keep seeing you again, beyond friendship. It’s because I like you the more I see you.

Baekhyun: I don’t want to hurt you but yourself know how much I like Seohyun.

Taeyeon: Why can’t you see me the way you see her?

Baekhyun: You say that you like me the more you see me right? If you don’t see me, you won’t like me anymore.

Baekhyun turns his back and walks away from Taeyeon. He then calls Seohyun to meet him at a restaurant.


Seohyun arrives at the restaurant, as Luhan walks up and surprises her.  

Seohyun: Luhan, what brings you here?

Luhan: I heard from your friends that you will be here. I’m happy to see you but you doesn’t look like you are.

Seohyun: Actually, I already promised with someone.

As she nervously looks around for something.  Luhan continues to pout, when she finally says she is happy to see him. But Luhan announces that they’re going on a proper date today, and he takes her hand to leave.  

Baekhyun: I’m sorry, but I think Seohyun already has a plan

Baekhyun comes up behind them. He demands that Luhan let go of Seohyun’s hand as he grabs it away from Luhan.

Luhan: What are you?

Baekhyun: I have something that I need to say to my girl

Luhan: What is he you saying?

Seohyun: Baekhyun, why are you acting this way? We’re just friends remember?

Baekhyun: No, I already told you I like you. I don’t have plan on being your friends from the get-go. Where your heart lives right now, I don’t care about things like that anymore.

Luhan: Please stop being obsessive!

Baekhyun warns Luhan to stop getting in his way, and then he lands a punch to the gorgeous Luhan’s face.  Seohyun yells at Baekhyun to stop, as Luhan says it was a mistake for him to come over to the restaurant today.  Luhan tells Seohyun that he will call her later, he glares back at Baekhyun and stomps away.


Seohyun: What is wrong with you Baekhyun?! I don’t have any special feelings for you! Why did you have to say all that in front of Luhan? (Seohyun yells at Baekhyun for his action)

Baekhyun: Today, I broke my friendship with Taeyeon because of you. Why can’t you comfort me right now?

 

Seohyun: Did you hurt Taeyeon? (Seohyun looks worried.)

Baekhyun: I throw away my everything just to have you

Seohyun tells Baekhyun that if he keeps acting like an idiot, then she will refuse to meet him even as friends.  

Baekhyun asks why she can’t hear his heart right now, since he has nothing in life except for her.  Realizing that she’s fighting a losing battle, Seohyun says she has nothing more to say and that he should go now.  As she turns to leave, Baekhyun grabs her arm and pulls out a jewelry box and opens it to show a silver-plated necklace, telling Seohyun that he likes her so much, he will not give up on her… no, he will never give up on her Not sure if Seohyun is looking at Baekhyun with disgust or empathy on her face.

Seohyun: If you really like me, you wouldn’t have acted like such a moron and you should have taken into consideration the other person’s feelings first. Right now, you are being so self-centered, which makes me very uncomfortable and I don’t like it.

Baekhyun’s brain wheels start turning, but those puppy-dog eyes do not stray from her face for a nano-second.  

Seohyun: Actually, I’m already married. I wish you stop liking me and open your heart for the one who truly loves you.

Baekhyun: This joke isn’t funny. 

Seohyun: Do you think thing would become a joke when it doesn't go your way?

Baekhyun: I'm going to hear it from your family myself.

Seohyun: Have you heard I'm lying before? You are going the same answers from them.