Chapter 1

I Can't Even Die Because You Might Come Back

Everyone is surprised by the sudden twist. Luhan and Kai could not hide their serious face, so do Seohyun. She feels like a victim of this event. Even so, both Seohyun and Kai have no choice but to process with the ceremony. They are now officially fiancées.

After the engagement ceremony ends, Kai comes back home and throws a tantrum. He smashes everything that he could grab.

In the father’s room, Luhan is asking for explanation from his father.

Luhan: I have always obey to you since I was a child. I have never argue every decision you made but this time you have crossed the line.

Father: Please listen to me.

Luhan: What is there to explain? You already know how much I love Seohyun and yet you are asking my own brother to marry the girl I love.

Father: You are the first child of this family. You are the one who will be taking my responsibility after I die. I have always trust you that you will be able to lead a right life. But the one whom I worry is Kai. I’m afraid that he might be taking a wrong road of his life. He needs a kind and good girl who could guide him to the right way.

Luhan: But why Seohyun? Why her of all women?! (Luhan cries his heart out)

Father: It is because she’s the one you choose. You have never made the wrong choice before. A good man will always seek a good woman. I believe in your choice that why I’m deciding to court Seohyun for your brother.

Luhan: When you asked me if I have someone in my mind.. you actually meant it for Kai. I should have known this better.

Father: I’m sorry Luhan. But this is my last wish.

Luhan: Even if I die, I can’t give up on Seohyun especially to someone like Kai. I can’t. I have to stop this ridiculous plan.


Luhan leaves the house in hurry and his father trails behind. Suddenly, father gets a heart attack and falls to the ground. Luhan turns his back and runs to his father. He then embraces father in shock.

Father just raises his hand to Luhan’s face. He caresses his cheek. Fathers starts to cry, as Luhan trembles in fear of losing his father.

Father: My dear Luhan, please take care of our family.

And those are his last words, as his head sinks down. Luhan lets go of father in terror, falling backward as his father’s limp body drops to the ground.

He inches backward and the tears starts tumbling out. Luhan looks down at his father’s face again. Flashback to his arguments with father, the time he yelled at father, and watching father breaks down trying to make him understand of his decision.

Words finally come out from Luhan’s mouth

Luhan: Mother.. Kai.. Come out now! (Luhan screams through his tears for his family to come out, breaking down as he says the words.)

Luhan: I think father has died..

A few seconds later, Kai and mother come out and shock to see father laying on the floor. Both of them crying hysterically. Kai turns angry and storms at Luhan.

Kai: It’s because of you isn’t it?! He died because he was arguing with you, right?! You couldn’t even protect father and you want to take responsibility of this family. Don’t joke around. (Kai punches Luhan in the face and mother tries hard to defend Luhan.)


Sooner, father’s funeral is held. Luhan still blames himself for his father's death. Tears flow down through his red cheeks non-stop. Seohyun who pays a visit to the funeral with her family, approaches Luhan.

Seohyun: If you wants to cry, you should.  Tears can be rather cathartic, so why does you have to hold your tears in all this time?

She pats on Luhan shoulder to give him strength but Luhan goes as far as laying his head on her shoulder. Seohyun looks flustered but she still cradles his head while Luhan weeps away.


A few weeks later, Seohyun and Kai are ready to walk down the aisle. Although the wedding ceremony will be starting a few more minutes, Kai is still nowhere to be found. Seohyun anxiously waiting for Kai in her room until Luhan knocks the door.

Luhan: I don’t know how should I say this, but I’m sorry for making you throw away your dream for me.

Seohyun: I’m not doing this for you, nor your family. But I’m doing this for my family. I don’t want to disappoint them. This is the decision I choose and I will not regret it.


Kai once again peeks through the door and grins his teeth. He has known it from the start how much Luhan loves Seohyun.

He opens the door, making both Seohyun and Luhan flustered. Then he purposely looks at Luhan and grabs Seohyun in a hug. Luhan looks away and Kai holds on as Seohyun squirms uncomfortably.

Kai: I trusts you and will make you the happiest woman in this world. But in return, you have to give me some of your heart

Seohyun: Please stop this..

Kai just grabs her tighter and all the while looking straight at Luhan. He then growls in her ear,

Kai: Is there anything you’re keeping from me? (Seohyun’s eyes dart in fear and she stops struggling.)

Kai: If you are hiding something, I will immediately find out whatever it is and snuff it out. (He finally lets her go.)

Kai calls out for Luhan to follow him to the wedding hall and walks off. Kai leaves both Luhan and Seohyun scarred in his wake. Luhan walks up and pauses next to Seohyun for just a moment, and grabs her hand in his. He lingers there, just as long as humanly possible, He doesn’t even turn to face her. After that he pulls away from her grasp as she sheds a tear.