Chapter 3

I Can't Even Die Because You Might Come Back

One year later, Seohyun has just turned 23 years old. She is still studying acting in Korea University. Before debuting as an actress, Seohyun needs to participate in many musical to test her acting skill. This time, she will be playing a love line with Baekhyun.

On the stage, Seohyun and her male partner, Baekhyun are practicing for their on on-stage-chemistry.

Seohyun: Can you listen to me, I hear the small talk. I met someone today And what happened

Baekhyun: (It’s very hard) Just listening to you everyday
(It’s very hard) To take your side all the time

Seohyun: You can’t at least do that, you jerk? Are my expectations too big?
You can’t at least do that, you bad person? You should at least pretend to care
Try caring as half as much you do others, I wouldn’t say anything
You’re so heartless I hate you, I hate you
When I have no where else to lean but you

Baekhyun: You say this quite easily But guys are different
The moment they listen, they worry. They feel like they should do something

Seohyun: (Don’t make excuses) You listen to others so well
(Don’t make excuses) You’re only coldhearted to me

Baekhyun: What’s so hard about that? Why are you so serious all the time?
What’s so annoying about that? You never listen till the end
Did anyone ask you to solve everything? It’s not like that
Just close your mouth and listen, Listen to me – that’s it
When I’m having a hard time, where are you?

Seohyun: We’re the closest to each other but you’re no better than a stranger
Baekhyun: Put yourself in my shoes Why can’t you think about how I feel?

Suddenly, Seohyun starts shedding tears as she looks into Baekhyun’s eyes

Professor: Cut! Seohyun-naa, what are you doing right now? There is no crying scene in the script!

Seohyun: I.. I’m sorry. Please give me another chance.

Professor: We’ll take a break for 15 minutes. Seohyun, please concentrate next time.


While everyone has left the theatre, Seohyun still stands on the stage practicing the musical. Soon, Baekhyun approaches her and gives her a hot coffee.

Baekhyun: Is there anything wrong?

Seohyun: Dee?

Baekhyun: You look really depressed.

Seohyun: I’m fine. The song is just so sad.

Baekhyun: I also feel like that. I feel that the girl really loves the guy but the guy always acts like they are strangers.

Seohyun: The girl can’t even choose to break up.

Baekhyun: This is why girls are pathetic. They shouldn’t be clinging to someone who doesn’t care about them anymore. They should just leave the guy and move on with their life.

Seohyun: Who are you to talk like that?! You don’t even understand their situation! (Seohyun burst in anger and raises her voice)

Baekhyun: Seohyun-naa..


After the rehearsal ends, Seohyun hangs out with her best friend Taeyeon.

Seohyun has been hiding herself in Seoul for a very long time. Even though she always distance herself from her family, she still has her best friend right beside her.

Taeyeon: Seohyun-naa, how long are you going to be like this? You know that there is no perfect crime in this world. Sooner or later, the truth is going to be revealed.

Seohyun: Then, what do you expect to do? To tell everyone that that my husband left me alone without even divorcing me. He left me hanging without any rope and now what I’m supposed to do? He has his own life but I can’t even move on with my life. (She confesses in tears)

Taeyeon: I’m sorry. I couldn’t even imagine how it’s like to be in your shoes.


Suddenly Baekhyun notices them and takes a sit beside them.

Taeyeon: Baekhyun-naa, what are you doing here?

Baekhyun: I just want to see Seohyun.

Seohyun: Didn’t we just meet each other at the rehearsal?

Baekhyun: Are you still mad at me? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to belittle girls.

Taeyeon: Is there something happen during the rehearsal? (Taeyeon looks at Seohyun)

Baekhyun: Seohyun, I really like you. I have always look at you more than a friend.

Seohyun is surprised by Baekhyun’s sudden confession. She stands up and leaves the cafeteria, followed by Taeyeon.

Taeyeon: Don’t you think you should give him a chance?

Seohyun: You know that I’m already married.

Taeyeon: That means I still have a chance with Baekhyun (Taeyeon speaks in her inner thought)