Chapter 4

I Can't Even Die Because You Might Come Back

In Washington USA.

Kai is doing his assignment in the living room until Yoona comes and lays on his lap. She tries to cuddle with him but Kai is more concentrate on finishing his work.

Yoona: Kai, we already date for four years. But when are you going to introduce me to your family?

Kai: It’s better if you don’t meet them. They won’t like you.

Yoona: Why? I’m tall, pretty and smart. There’s nothing to hate about me.

Kai: They already pick someone for me.

Yoona: Who? Is that girl prettier than me.

Kai: Yes, she is really pretty to die for. (Kai speaks sarcastically)

Yoona: Yaah!!

Kai: What?!

Yoona: This is all your fault! If you introduce me to your parents the first time we date, they would have chosen me over her.

Kai: I would rather die than having you to meet my brother (Kai speaks in his mind)


Luhan and Kai have known Yoona since they were young but Yoona has no idea that they are brothers. Since they were young, Kai has always suspected that Yoona likes Luhan more than him. At first Kai dates Yoona because he is jealous over Luhan’s popularity. But he could never thought that they would last longer than he expected.

Yoona: Why aren’t you answering?! (Yoona brings Kai to reality)

Kai: Can’t you see I’m working right now? (Kai holds his temper.)

Yoona: Yeah right. Your work is more important than me. Then just go marry your work. That’s not it.. I bet you want to marry the girl your family has picked for you.

Kai: What the hell is wrong with you?! Why can’t you just understand me?! If that’s you want, fine! I’ll dump you and marry that girl!

Yoona: Are you yelling at me right now?! Just who the heck is your girlfriend is?!!


At Luhan’s home.

Luhan’s mom: Luhan, I have not hear anything from Seohyun and your brother since they get married. Do you think something has happened between them,

Luhan: You are just overreacting. No matter how bad Kai is, I’m sure he is taking good care of Seohyun. (Luhan then grabs something to eat)

Luhan’s mom: But her family has lost-contacted with them for almost a year. Could you find them for me? I beg you.

Luhan: I will try, but not now. I’m preparing to debut with my group. I hope to become more popular so that they can notice me and come back home.


At Korea University.

Baekhyun: I don’t get it. Why Seohyun keeps avoiding me? Why she seems to hate me? I have never done something wrong before.

Taeyeon: She doesn’t hate you but she doesn’t like you either

Baekhyun: Are you saying she likes someone else other than me? But I’ve never saw her interacting with other guys except me.

Taeyeon: She does that because you are her musical partner. (Taeyeon hides her jealousy. She wanders why Baekhyun can't see her the way he saw Seohyun)

Baekhyun: You know something about her right? You are her closest friend.

Taeyeon: Yes, but you should also know that I wouldn’t sell her for you.

Baekhyun: Come on Taeyeon! We have known each other since middle school. I have always protect you when you were bullied. Can’t you do this one favor for me? Please? (Baekhyun shots his aegyo to Taeyeon)

Taeyeon: Fine. Seohyun disses guys. Her boyfriend left her without any explanation (Taeyeon purposely changes the word husband to boyfriend)

Baekhyun: I know it! That’s why she is so sensitive when we were doing the musical about breaking up.

Taeyeon: I’ve said enough. I want to leave.

Baekhyun: Wait a minute! Please teach me how to open her heart. (He pleads sincerely)


One night in Washington,

Kai who has been fighting with Yoona for the whole day, spends the night at a club and drinks alcohol to his heart content. The drunk Kai calls Yoona to pick him up. Soon, Yoona arrives and takes a seat beside him.

Yoona: Kai, I just went to the clinic this afternoon because of nausea. The doctor told me I have been pregnant for 3 months.

Kai: Really?! Congratulation darling! I will be a daddy! (Kai looks so happy like a child)

As they are going back home. Yoona insists that she will be the one driving. But Kai is so stubborn saying that he can’t let a pregnant woman driving. The helpless Yoona is forced by Kai to sit at the passenger seat.

While Kai is driving, Yoona continue to chat with him so that he won’t fall asleep.

Yoona: You know what, I have already thought a name for our baby.

Kai: Really? Let’s hear it

Yoona: Seohyun.

Kai: What? (Kai’s eyes become awaken and glare at Yoona)

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a truck of doom comes crashing into their car, right into the passenger’s side door. Kai and Yoona wake up bleeding and trap in the rumpled car. Yoona says that her head hurts. Kai urges her to stay awake no matter what. Soon, Yoona has already faint and there are a pool of blood down her legs.