08

Before the Moon Completes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The heat of the sun was not as strong when we arrived at the work venue. However, I could still feel trickles of sweat rolling down my neck. It was disgustingly sticky and I hated the sensation. Jiyeon and Sanghee looked at me at the same time and we thought of the same thing. I took my phone out and hurriedly messaged our LINE group chat.

“Woohyun, you reaching?” I sent the message out.

We were going to be late in 10 minutes’ time, I noted.

 

From: Woohyun

Sorry, I will be late. I am leaving house now, you girls go ahead to report first. I’ll tell the supervisor about it. Sorry!

 

“Guess we’ve got to report to the work supervisor first?” I said and laughed a little.

Silently, I wondered why Woohyun was late. Work started after we met up with the work supervisor who was a middle-aged man. He looked decent and appeared to be around 5 years older than us, I thought. He handed us our name tags with the company name imprinted on it and several copies of the survey forms to be filled in by the surveyed. There were no strict quotas to be achieved which we were all glad to hear.

“Good evening sir, I am sorry to disturb. But may I please take up 3 minutes of your time?”

The trick was to understate the time needed even though it was a long survey.

I chuckled at my intelligent phrasing but was rejected flatly the next instant. I ruffled my hair in frustration. Seems like this is harder than I thought it would be. The imaginary bucket of cold water that drenched me from head to toe dampened my spirits a little. I sighed but instantly brightened up when I spotted someone running over to us.

“Hey girls. Sorry, I am late.” He greeted.

I smiled and asked if our work supervisor was okay with him being late.

“Surprisingly, he’s quite nice.” Woohyun shrugged and the three of us laughed a little at his remark.

Woohyun always had the ability to make people comfortable when he wants to.

“Here you go.” I shoved some papers in his hands and explained simply what was required.

The four of us walked to the nearby car park in an attempt to catch the drivers that stepped out of their vehicle. After all, it seemed like the most promising location considering the area we were at turned into a ghost street out of a sudden. No pain, no gain. On the first day of work, we have unfortunately come across a couple of almighty adults that shoved some unpleasant remarks down our throats. However, there were also angelic humans that restore faith in us by helping us with the surveys. In one day, we have met both angels and demons on Earth, how nice.

I hugged the papers closer to me and sighed. my lower cracked lip, I thought perhaps I should get some drinks to rehydrate myself. I walked through 2 black shiny cars and was about to make my way to the vending machine when I saw Woohyun standing before me. I stopped in tracks when he came into the same gap between the vehicles. I pressed my lips into a thin fine line when he continued walking towards me. I stumbled back a few steps and allowed him through. My heart stumbled too upon seeing him acting like this. Then, he seemed to have only realized what he had done.

“Sorry.” He muttered under his breath.

“I-It’s okay.” I tried to calm my heart down as I replied him. It felt like a drama, almost.

“Care for some drinks?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Thanks for asking.” He smiled and I swear I feel a gush of emotions swirling in my stomach.

He should stop smiling like this, I thought to myself.

“It will make me fall deeper…” I whispered as I walked away.

I bought 3 cans of drinks and han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter