03

Before the Moon Completes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know, I have a sister and she’s really pretty.”

I didn’t know why I told Woohyun that. It surprised me that I started telling him things I normally wouldn’t tell others so easily. He looked up from his phone and flashed me his usual smile.  

“You sound like you’re boasting about your sis.” He said.

“She’s really pretty, though. All of my family members say that she’s beautiful…unlike me.” I mumbled the last bit, but I think he heard it nonetheless.

Woohyun did not speak and I felt obliged to say something more to cover up what I shouldn’t have said.  

“If you were older, I’d show you her pictures and recommend her to you. Too bad, she’s older than you~” I joked.  

“I didn’t say I am interested.” He retorted.

“Hey.”

I looked in the direction of the voice and flashed a bright smile at the old lady who was standing at the doorstep with her trolley. Her back was hunched and she had her white, straight hair neatly tied up in a bun. A towel was sticking out from beneath her clothes as sweat trickled down her forehead. I shouted for her to give me a moment as I ran to the store room. Woohyun trailed behind me in confusion and I stuffed some card boards which I have hid away into his arms.

“It’s for the granny.” I said.

I was in-charge of taking out the card boards from the hiding and he would take it from my hands to hand to the lady. My arms got tired soon so I started to hold the cardboards closer to my body as I pass to Woohyun. Then, I felt Woohyun’s hands brush past the top part of my body. It all happened so fast and sudden. Now, I regretted holding the card boards so close to my body, so badly. I blushed knowing where he had touched and I think he felt it too. He bit his lips in embarrassment and gosh, I wish there was a hole for me to hide away.

“I’m sorry.”

“This pabo, what am I supposed to say now?!” I cursed inwardly.

“I-It’s okay.” I said as I shoved more card boards into his arms.

Somebody, save me.

“You can handle the last few, right?” he confirmed.

I nodded and wished he would leave me alone, already.

I waited for my heart to calm down a little and for my face blush to subside before joining them. Standing a distance away, I overheard Woohyun speaking to the granny. I couldn’t help but stare at the smile he had on. It was so genuine and warm and I wish I captured it with a camera.

“Where do you stay, granny?”

“It’s pretty near, young lad. She reassured, patting his arm.

“I can help you push your cart back, really.” He insisted.

“You still have to work, don’t you? Don’t worry, I am used to it.”

The granny waved him off and it was evident Woohyun lost the debate against the lady. Then, Woohyun turned back and caught me staring. I shot an awkward smile as I shuffled towards the two with the remaining card boards. The elderly waved us goodbye and we went back to the store. Things got a little awkward between Woohyun and me that day, or maybe it was just me.

-

“Any free samples for me~” The boy from the grocery shop down the lane came running into our store.

I shook my head, seeing that he was here for free chocolates again. Handing him some wrapped in loose packs, I sat back down while he sat on my counter. I silently told myself that if my boss ever co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter