21 ~ Leaving

The Simple Things

21 ~ Leaving

 

 

The guard hurriedly opened the giant metal gates as he spotted the young master's black Lamborghini convertible approach the estate. Myungsoo drove through the entrance and went along the extensive pathway that stretched towards the exquisite mansion. Workers in the garden bowed politely as his car passed by them.

 

"Welcome home Young Master," the door keeper greeted as he held open the doors to the interior of the mansion.

 

With a curt nod, Myungsoo made his way through to where two lines of maids and butlers on either side of him were bowing and welcoming him home. It was something he got used to over the years but never liked.

 

He was walking past the front living room when a voice calling out stopped him.

 

"Myungsoo."

 

It was his "mother's" voice.

 

He turned his body to face where she was sitting on the lounge with a magazine in hand. She did not look up at him as she spoke.

 

"Has that boy been causing you any trouble?"

 

"No, Eomeoni."

 

His mother slowly flipped the page, her eyes seemingly scanning the page. Her voice suddenly hardened.

 

"That child has been gaining recognition lately in the U.S. Make sure you take precautions when dealing with him. You know the consequences of him revealing our past."

 

Her harsh eyes flickered up to Myungsoo's. "Do you understand?"

 

He stared back at her emotionlessly. "Yes, Eomeoni. And you don't have anything to worry about." Myungsoo turned around, ready to leave, with a small smirk on his face. "That hindrance and his father with be leaving first thing tomorrow morning."

 

 

~~~

 

 

Yongguk stopped what he was doing when he felt his eye twitch. He wasn't one to believe in superstitions, but Myungsoo's recent reappearance did everything to convince him that this was an ominous sign.

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Himchan called when he noticed his friend's immobile state. "Get a move on, Princess! Our flight's tomorrow morning!"

 

Yongguk narrowed his eyes. "Says the person whose stuff I'm helping pack right now when I have better things to do." He glanced around at all the suitcases surrounding him. "We were only here for two weeks. How the hell did you manage to accumulate so much stuff in that time?!"

 

"Stop complaining and quickly finish packing that pile over there. I want my 10 hours of sleep."

 

Yongguk heaved a deep breath. He couldn't be bothered with this. Without another word, he got up and swiftly left Himchan's hotel room to return to the one he shared with Appa, ignoring his friend's protests.

 

He soon realised that leaving Himchan to pack the rest of his stuff by himself was a huge mistake on his part. The entire trip to the airport on the Saturday morning saw his nagging friend complain about all his dissatisfactions in life. He definitely did not get his 10 hours of sleep. Even when they met up with Daehyun and Mihi at the airport, he was still ranting incessantly.

 

"Himchan, what's wrong?" Mihi asked worriedly.

 

"Everything," he answered bitterly. "And I blame Yongguk for everything."

 

She looked over at her brother questioningly. He shook his head.

 

"Don't mind him. He's just suffering from an incurable impairment of drama queen syndrome."

 

Appa laughed heartily at this, which conjured laughter from everyone else. "You should probably get some sleep on the plane, Himchan-ah."

 

It was soon time for the three to go to the boarding area, so they bid their farewells. Mihi hugged her father tightly and refused to let go.

 

"I'll miss you Appa. Make sure to take care of your health."

 

Yongguk came and wrapped his arms around both of them. "We'll both miss you too Mihi. Don't worry, we'll come back and visit as soon as we can."

 

Daehyun and Himchan watched on as the family said their final goodbyes, before the latter had to leave with the two. Before entering the gates, Yongguk went over to Daehyun and put a hand on his shoulder.

 

"I trust that you will take care of Mihi in our place?"

 

Daehyun nodded firmly. "Definitely Hyung."

 

The elder smiled gratefully. "Thank you."

 

And then they were gone.

 

Mihi clung onto Daehyun's waist as she hugged him. He leaned down to kiss her forehead. "I'm sure it won't be too long before you get to see them again."

 

She looked up at him with a small smile and nodded.

 

"Since you're already taking half the day off, why don't you ring up and ask for the whole day off?" Daehyun suggested. "Then we can go somewhere together."

 

Mihi shook her head. "I would love to, but Sujin is probably expecting me to be back soon. I don't want to leave her to manage the café by herself."

 

Daehyun suddenly whipped out his phone and tapped around on it for a bit, before putting it back in his pocket with a satisfied smile. "There, all done! I've asked Youngjae to find a few one-day replacements, so now you've got nothing to worry about." He took her hand in his and intertwined their fingers. "Kaja~~~!"

 

She couldn't help but to break out into giggles as she was pulled along.

 

 

~~~

 

 

It wasn’t long before the couple arrived at a movie theatre.

 

"What movie would you like to watch?" Daehyun asked. "You can pick one and buy the tickets, and I'll go get the snacks."

 

"I think it's better for you to get the tickets and for me to get the snacks. You might eat it all before the movie even starts," Mihi giggled.

 

Daehyun narrowed his eyes at her. "I'm going to pick a horror movie."

 

And then he left before she could even object to it. She was all good with supernatural things, but gore? She shivered at the thought of it. She would have to close her eyes throughout the whole movie and block her ears.

 

She bought the snacks and waited as Daehyun finally returned with a triumphant smile on his face.

 

Mihi frowned. "You didn't really pick a horror movie… did you?"

 

He took a few snacks from her hands and helped her carry them. "We'll just have to see now, won't we?"

 

Daehyun led her to the second floor of the theatre where the seats looked like small couches for two people. It must be for couples. They took a seat in the back row and comfortably settled in.

 

Just before the movie started (after showing numerous advertisements), a couple entered the second floor of theatre and took a seat in the front row of the side opposite to Daehyun and Mihi. Mihi took a closer look at them when she noticed how familiar they looked. Her eyes widened when she realised who they were, and gripped onto Daehyun's arm to get his attention.

 

"Daehyun!" she whispered, pointing in the direction the two were seated. "Over there!"

 

Daehyun's eyes inspected the area for a bit before they landed on the target. "Looks like there's something they're not telling us."

 

Mihi nodded excitedly. "But it was bound to happen sometime." Then she stopped when a thought came to her. "Wait, if she's here, then who's looking after the café?"

 

He wrapped an arm around her. "I'm sure Youngjae would've taken care, don't you worry. Just enjoy the movie."

 

Mihi flickered her eyes from where she was observing Sujin and Youngjae to where Daehyun was glancing at her with a smug expression. "It better not be a horror movie."

 

He just shrugged innocently before pecking her on the cheek, causing her to blush involuntarily. The movie finally started, and Mihi saw that it was not the horror she had been fearing after all, but a rom-com with a bit of action thrown into it too. Which made sense now that she thought about it, since it wasn't very likely for Youngjae to take Sujin out to see a horror movie.

 

Mihi shyly cuddled up to Daehyun and whispered softly, "… thanks for not choosing something scary."

 

He chuckled softly to himself at her cuteness and pulled her closer to him, enjoying their time together. 

 

 

---

 

Just thought I should put in some Daehyun-Mihi moments since there wasn't a lot of that after all of that drama ensued :P The next chapter will include more of their date.

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting :D