02

Perfectly Not Normal
Chapter 2:
 
At about two in the morning, the necklace glowed in the dark and a loud thud was heard, a groan coming out next. Shimee rubbed her aching as she climbed back up at the couch. In her half closed eyes she saw hint of glow of the necklace.
 
"Just go to sleep, necklace. I promise to give you back to your owner after I finish school," darkness welcomed her as she slept again. The wind was blowing that it seeps through tiny holes that makes whistle-like sounds though Shimee slept through besides the disturbing sound. Rain started pouring but not that hard. It splattered on her windows making tap-tap sounds.
 
The clock was ticking and the night soon swept away.
 
***
 
"I'm late for school for pete's sake! Gosh! DomDom, why the hell didn't you wake me up you useless cat?!" I yelled at my cat who only gave a soft meow, tilting his head at the side. I was quite cranky if I woke up late. It gave me this sense that i shouldn't be late, that I should always be punctual, "Now I have to bike like I am in the olympics!"
 
I yelled in anger once again, before running out of the house. Everything was complete, except that I didn't take a shower or even combed my hair. My health teacher would get pretty mad and will start lecturing me about how I should always be hygienic, "Right, Left, Right, Left..." 
 
I kept repeating the same thing until I was in mad speed. I rode my bike like it was my own motorcycle. I saw the school in sight and pedaled even faster.
 
"I can do it, I can--Aaahh!" I yelled as I sailed through the air. There was a small bump and i was unlucky to not have seen it. Despite my clumsiness, "That freaking bump. I'm going to sue those people who makes roads! Can't they make it even?!" I shouted at no one in particular. I picked up my bike and decided to just run for it. The gates could've been closed by now, but I still had a little hope in me.
 
"Made it! How's that er?!" I gleefuly skipped towards the gates since it was still open. I could see the people going inside the school already. I merged to the crowd and panted since it was quite tiring to be running. Especially since I'm a girl, wait, Am I? Of course I am!
 
***
 
"Yes! I've got an 48 over 50!" Ami yelped brightfully and the class looked at him (slash her) and they congratulated him for getting a high grade, "What did you get, Shimee?" Hazel asked me and I showed her my paper which had the schoreof 39 over 50. It was good enough since I didn't even review for the test yesterday. 
 
"Don't worry, there's a difference between being smart and having good grades. Believe me I know," Hazel told me and I chuckled at her attitude. I checked my bag if the flyers were there since I am going to put it up after school.
 
Ring Ring Ring!!!
 
That's my que!
 
"See ya guys!" I waved to them enthusiastically before running out the door. I stepped out of the school's premises and immediately searched where to put up my flyers.
 
"Okay, first the mall, next the mall's stores, and last the mall's bathroom--This is my to do list last year!" I groaned as I threw it inside a trash can that I passed by.
 
"Where the hell is my list--Aha!" I grinned as I saw my list of places to put it up, "OK! The neighborhood, some stores, and bulletin boards," I pumped my fist and whispered to myself 'Hwaiting!' before going around the neighborhood.
 
I knocked on someone's door and a young lady with a bob cut hair, an apron aroudn her, and some mitten gloves. Guess she was cooking something from her attire and from the smell of the food coming from inside of her house.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, have you seen this necklace before?" I showed her the necklace, with a smile but she looked at me with a bored face. I awkwardly put the necklace back in my pocket before clearing my throat.
 
"Have you seen my baby? He's about 5 years old as I heard and he's young too, have you seen him?" she looked at me but she doesn't look like she's looking at me. Then I realised she was blind.
 
"I have never seen your baby boy, but goodbye!" I closed the door for her slowly before dashing down the steps. 
 
***
 
"Guess no one owns this necklace. And it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to lose, nothing to prove~" i started singing a line from a song before stopping. I heard someone groaning somewhere and I tried to look for him or her.
 
"Die you demon!" I heard a manly scream so my guess is a woman--I mean a man! Sorry...
 
"What the hell is going on?" I muttered while I was hiding behind a wall. I peeked at what was happening and saw a furry-gooey and obviously large demon.
 
"Aaahh!" I screamed so loud that the guy who was holding a sword--
 
"You're holding a sword and there's a monster there! Aaah!" I screamed again as i was pointing at both of them. The guy had a panicked look and the monster growled as it opened it's mouth. It's slimy and long tongue reached out to the guy and wrapped it's tongue around his wrist, pulling him forward.
 
The guy seemed distracted and didn't know what was happening and then you know he landed on the ground, wrist bleeding and smoke coming out from it.
 
"I eeeeaaaattt yyoouu!" the monster talked and I widened my eyes at it. 
 
"Oh shiznet! What the hell am I going to--Oh yeah! Hey you there! Dead guy, wake up!" I pointed to the guy who looked dead to me but I still had a little hope inside of me because I have no experience in fighting--
 
"Get away from me!" I yelled in horror as the monster's eyes were looking at me. It had almost a thousand eyes on it and it's eyes were red. Scary? Hell yeah!
 
"What to do, what to do, maybe. I can pretend to be dead--No, I can't hold my breath that long, uhh, kill myself? No that's suicide! Run? Yeah that's a good idea but the problem is, is that you have short legs and compared to the monster's legs, I would be dead meat!"
 
The creature advanced toward me and I screamed as I was running towards my right. I looked at the guy if he was moving, but he still wasn't. The creature ran towards me and I ran away but to the guy so it would hit the brick wall.
 
"Yo, guy who knows how to kill this--Aaahh! Can you stop attacking me?! I'm stillt talking to this dead guy here!" I yelled at the creature and it somehow calmed down a little. And when I say little I meant for 3 seconds and it charged again.
 
"Oh come on! Look at that yummy meat! Yeah! Over there!" I pointed again at the guy but the creature still ran towards me. I closed my eyes and just prayed. I prayed that if I will live and never commit a sin ever--
 
I opened my eyes at the last second and saw the creature jumped over me and toward the guy. He sniffed him first before tearing him apart with it's own hands. I covered my mouth before I could scream. 
 
I ran away before the creature could see me again. I sprinted out of the alley and I looked like a haggard beggar. I had at least a lot of scratches on my legs, my hair looks like a bird nest, my button-up polo has lost at least 3 buttons, and my skirt had a ripped of end.
 
"Aigoo, just run!" I complained to no one in particular before running back to my house. I am never taking that route to school again.