01

Perfectly Not Normal

Chapter 1:

Shimee tied her hair up into a pony tail, securing it with a ribbon as she was looking in the mirror. She wore her skirt that ended just right above the knees, but not forgetting to put on some shorts so her underwear won't be seen. It's quite uncomfortable if you're just wearing underwear without any shorts right? She smiled to the mirror and grabbed her bag, ready to go to school. She ran towards her bike and unlocked it from it's stand. 
 
"Ay, I forgot some of my books!" Shimee ran back to the house, gladly that she remembered it or else she would've been going to school short on books. She ran up the stairs and opened the door to her room. She saw her 5 major subject books, sitting on her blue desk where she was always studying, "There you are--oh, what's this?"
 
"I don't remember bringing this home or even less getting it," Shimee held up the golden necklace that was shining because of the sun striking towards it. Ot was a golden string and a small red-violet gem was hanging on it. Beautiful. Shimee thought and decided to wear it.
 
"I'll wear it only for today and give it back to it's owner," she assured herself and ran back outside but not before petting her pet cat, DomDom, on the head which replied back with a soft purr, "I'm going now DomDom! Bye!" 
 
***
 
"Am I late? I hope not," I muttered to myself as I parked my bike where I see other bikes were parked. I tightened by backpack's strap and got my 5 books out of the basket. It was Math, History, Science, English and my notebook. I consider it as a book since it has lots of notes in it.
 
"Hey Shimee!" "Hi Shimee," "How ya' doing?" "Ayo! Shimee-Shimee!"
 
"Hey," I answered with a smile and waved at them. They were not my friends but I consider them as one, but I don't hang out with them, i just acknowledge them and just like everybody here in school. I'm glad no one judges here or even ranks people. It's kind of good for everyone and it gives a nice feeling.
 
"Another day of school," I rolled my eyes playfully at the front door of the school, but inside of me I am really excited. I'm not stupid but I'm not a geek either. All of us here are just in between. I open the door and I see some of my classmates sitting down and reading something, probably our Math notebook.
 
"Why are you gals reading the Math notebook?" I asked them as I out my bag on top of another bag. No one here really minds, we're still waiting for the bell to ring. I guess I'm not late after all, "You forgot again? There's a quiz today in polynomials Shimee, did you review?" And then it hit me.
 
Flashback 
"Class, there is a quiz tomorrow on polynomials, don't forget to review," our Math teacher reminded us and I noted on my mind that I would review, "Shimee, don't forget to review alright?" my gay friend, Ami, reminded me and I nodded at him. I put some of my books inside my bag and held the others on my left hand. I am left-handed.
 
"Whoo! Back at home! Time to watch some cooking shows!" I gleefuly jumped onto the couch and picked up DomDom from the floor and put him beside me. I put the channel to my favorite cooking show and I watched happily as the guy on the tv started flipping some patties. 
 
Time passed and I somehow slept on the couch.
 
Flashback End
 
"Shimee, Shimee!" I jumped in shock as I looked at my gay friend Ami. He was looking at me with hands on his hips and I gulped back my saliva that was stuck on my throat, "Sit down and review, we still got 10-15 minutes till the bell rings and I am expecting you to get a high score," he ordered me and I sat down and got my math book and notebook and started reviewing. He sat down beside me and I was squished between him and my other friend Hazel, she's half american and half korean by the way.
 
 
***
 
"Times up! Pass your papers even though you're not finished," our math teacher, Ms. Ram, we call her by her name since she prefers it more. I passed my paper and the persons at my back and gave it to het. I sighed happily since I had some time to review and I felt kind of happy since I know I'm not going to fail. I wish at least I get the passing score.
 
"Please wait silently for your next teacher," Ms. Ram went out of the rooms with her things on her hands. We waited until she was out of the door before the room was in ruckus again. It was always like this, one a teacher leaves everyone thinks that a party just started, "Hey Shim, where did you get that necklace, I've never seen anything like it before, it's really pretty," 
 
Hazel commented with sparkling eyes as she touched the gem that was hanging on the necklace. She backed away and some of my other friends went to touch it also. I looked at the gem as they were touching it, it somehow gave a small glow when everytime some of my classmates were touching it, "Hey Sung! Come look at this!" I believe one of my guy classmates called her.
 
Sung turned to look at me since she was kind of busy maybe doing something. She saw the ruby necklace and her eyes somehow lit up. Sung was always the emo girl in the class but we still hang out with her sometimes. Sung came nearer and nearer until she was already in front of me and looking at the necklace, the necklace was glowing really brightly but my friends were jsut doing their own stuff.
 
"Guys, earth to everyone here, don't you see this bright glowing thingy on my neck?" I asked all of them to gain their attention but when they looked at it, they just shrugged and continued doing their own stuff.
 
"Ami, don't you see it glowing? Do you see it Sung?" Ami shook her head and I looked at Sung who was still looking at it with amazement but not touching it, "Sung, do you see it? It's kind of weird, don't you think?" I touched it and Sung screamed as she kept on touching her closed eyes, screaming in pain as she trashed around. 
 
"Sung?!" Maroo, my other classmate, yelled in a high and questioning voice. I ran to Sung and other people noticed but looked away, "Ami, don't you see what's happening? Sung needs help!" I yelled at him and he tilted his head to the right, giving me a questioning look, "Shimee, Sung is perfectly fine. She's just sitting down," Ami pointed and I looked but she was still trashing around.
 
"Seriously Ami, stop playing games!" I yelled at him in anger and ran to Maroo. Who was busy calming down Sung. I didn't know what to do at that point since when i went nearer she just kept on twisting and turning. There was smoke coming out of her body that I had to back away. Maroo followed my lead and Sung exploded just right in front of our eyes.
 
"Maroo, did you just see what happened?" I asked him and he nodded with sweat dripping down the sides of his face and neck. I looked at my necklace and it wasn't glowing that bright anymore, it was the way it was supposed to be. 
 
"Okay class, go back to your proper seats. Maroo and Shimee, what are two of you doing on the floor? Are you two doing what you were not supposed to be doing in the class with a lot of people in here?" Ms. Choi asked us sarcatically and the class laughed, I huffed and stood up. I walked back to my seat and so did Maroo and our teacher started teaching.
 
***
 
"DomDom! Where are you DomDom--Oh there you are!" I put down my bag on the couch, dropped my books beside it and went to my cat DomDom. He was sleeping int he corner all curled up like a little puff ball. I patted him on the head and he gave a soft growl but still slept. I smiled and stood up to do my homework that was due tomorrow. Kind of but that's life.
 
"Should I give you back?" I removed the necklace and put it on the center of my palm. The gem wasn't glowing anymore (glad that it wasn't) and it just laid there normally on the palm of my hand, "Maybe I accidentally got it from somewhere or it latched onto my bag or something. Will I put up some flyers for a necklace missing? Maybe I should probably do that,"
 
I nodded to myself and sat in front of my computer to make some flyers for a missing necklace. It might have cost a lot. 
 
"While that's printing, let's do some homework!" I jumped onto the couch and did my homework while the flyers were still printing. I huffed when I saw that I needed to make a summary of a movie called 'The Miracle Worker'. 
 
"I'll just search up a summary on the internet, it's easier, 'cause seriously, half of my energy is wasted on random knowledge. Well then, goodnight world and may all of you have good dreams!" I didn't bother to change to my pajamas and decided to sleep in my school uniform, I have an extra anyway. 
 
Gosh I've got to stop talking to myself
 
***
 
At about two in the morning, the necklace glowed in the dark and a loud thud was heard, a groan coming out next.