Chapter 7

My Beautiful Little Secret

 

- At the lounge next to the recording studio in the YG building -

 

“Yah, Seung Ri! You did what?!” Ji Yong couldn’t believe what he just heard.

“I may have proposed to noona, and offered to be Haru’s father. Or I may not have. It’s all a blur.” Scratching his head, Seung Ri recalled that awkward evening when he practically proposed to her and offered to be part of their lives, permanently.

“What the hell were you thinking, maknae?” scoffed Young Bae, shaking his head.

“Clearly, I wasn’t. I don’t know what came over me, hyungs. I was spending so much time with noona and Haru, and it just made me feel things I’ve never felt before – warm, comfortable feelings.  A lot of love.  I don’t know. I think I just got carried away playing “house” with them. Haru’s the sweetest girl. She’s very smart, and she’s funny. She reminds me so much of TOP hyung. It’s ridiculous that they’re not in each other’s lives! And noona. She’s amazing. She’s like, Superwoman, bringing up Haru in the best way possible and running a successful business. She’s a wonderful mom to Haru. I just couldn’t help but think that TOP hyung is missing out on all of this, just because of his pride. It’s not fair to them.” explained Seung Ri, emotions high to the point where he was about to break down.

“Ri-ah. Obviously, we can’t force hyung into doing anything. I think he just needs time to think. We all know he still loves noona – that never changed in 6 years. He’ll come to a decision, eventually.” reasoned Dae Sung.

 “Well, he better hurry and make up his mind, one way or another, because Haru is growing up fast. And someone else, more serious than I, might come along and sweep noona off her feet and do what I did. This time, she might just say ‘yes.’  shrugged Seung Ri.

On the other side of the door, hidden from the view of his dongsaengs, Seung Hyun heard their entire exchange. He swallowed nervously at the thought of another man being a part of their lives, especially his daughter’s.  With a final resolve, and his heart in his throat, he headed towards the exit in haste.