The Bandage

Shut Up and Love Me!

Followers! Thank you so much for your patience. I am now better, and with the popularity I have figured out a way to extend to 11 chapters! Thank you for all the comments. My sinuses are better and I can breathe :D I spent a lot of time proofreading over this chapter because I wrote it when I was sick. What's going to happen next? You'll find out! And the story gets deeper.

After this chapter I think this will be the most commonly asked question, but yes this story does have a lot of hints of the real SUFBB.

Saranghae! <3

 


 

Setting: L and Sungyeol's apartment rooftop

 

"So, how many missed calls do you have now?" Sungyeol asked.

"Well, I have 15 missed calls and texts from Sunggyu, 4 missed calls from Sungjong and a text, and 7 texts from Dongwoo," L answered. "Oh, and a text from Sungjong that says 'I should have killed him when I had the chance.'"

"Yeah, that guy was out for my blood today!" Sungyeol was still in shock from Sungjong taking him down at the bar.

L passed his phone to Sungyeol. They sat down next to each other next to the railing of their apartment, the same railing where the two of them first overlooked the neighborhood together. Both of them had their guitars on their laps, Sungyeol his bass and L his acoustic. As they talked, the two of them were strumming random tunes together. It was an overcast night with the city lights illuminating gray clouds, but nonetheless it had stopped raining. After spending an hour in an alleyway at Itaewon-gu, the two of them ran towards the subway to catch it before the schedule ended. They both got on without getting caught by their friends, and now the two visuals sat side-by-side to overlook the neighborhood.

Sungyeol took L's phone with one hand and reached down with his other to grab his own phone, sliding the screen to check out his own missed calls. "I'm even. 20 missed calls from both Woohyun and Hoya." He looked at both phones and set them on the step in front of them, side-by-side to compare the amount of messages from their two separate bands.

"I think I win," L smirked, punching Sungyeol gently on the shoulder.

"I hope you appreciate that win Myungsoo, because that's the only one you'll get," Sungyeol snided, referring to the competition that was coming up.

The two of them stayed quiet. It was 3 o' clock in the morning and a chilly wind rustled leaves on the rooftop. L shivered and hugged himself with his arms. Sungyeol looked at him, lifting his arm to wrap it around L's shoulder, but he hesitated at the last minute. He stopped himself. "So, when did it start to happen?" Sungyeol said vaguely.

L stared into the sky, not entirely understanding Sungyeol's ambiguous question at first. He's asking me when I started to like him. He his lips and opened his mouth. "When..." L stumbled his words. "When you gave me the guitar pick." He stood up to reach deep into his pocket, picking out the green guitar pick that Sungyeol gave him before the concert. When he received the gift, his heart had never raced so much. He sat back down next to Sungyeol and held the pick between two fingers, holding it out between the two of them. "You're right. This is truly good luck."

Sungyeol giggled. "Good luck? Yeah right, you messed up tonight," remembering the last song of Eye Candy's set when L messed up one of his notes. "Don't think I didn't notice."

"Ya," L shoved his shoulder into Sungyeol's and then took the pick down to his acoustic, playing a few strums with it.

"I'll stop teasing you," Sungyeol promised. He took one big gulp. "I knew it when... we ate dinner together."

L smiled and looked off into the distance. "What are we going to tell our friends about tonight?"

"I think we can probably fake a fight. You have a black eye, and I'll bandage myself or something," Sungyeol answered.

"And where do-" L stopped himself.

"What did you say?" Sungyeol asked.

L stayed silent.

"Myungsoo," Sungyeol said earnestly. "What's going on?"

L saw Sungyeol's bass at the corner of his eye. He pinched one of the strings of the bass and pulled it back, releasing it for smooth-sounding pluck. "Where do we go from here?" He looked at Sungyeol with ardent eyes.

Sungyeol didn't know how to answer that question. At the end of the day, their two bands didn't like each other. They both defied friends they had known for their whole lives, all for a kiss in the rain. "Well, I'll continue to tutor you," Sungyeol affirmed, completely avoiding answering the real question L had implied. Sungyeol plucked a string on his bass and grinned back at him.

L chuckled and closed his eyes, strumming another chord with his new guitar pick. It wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. "You ."

 

Setting: Literature Class the Following Monday

 

Dongwoo had his arm wrapped around L as the two of them approached their literature class. "So Sungyeol pushed you into a wall and you hit your head?"

L sported a white bandage wrapping around his ear and forehead.  He held the side of his head, scrunching his face and pretending that he had been injured. "I mean, I'm fine now. I also gave it to that punk." 

"You should have told us you were gonna chase down Sungyeol after the show! It would be 4 against 3, we'd outnumber them easily," Dongwoo added, patting L's back.

"I didn't want to get any of you guys into this situation. It's one of those things where it's just between the two of us and nothing else," L lied. There is definitely something between the two of us, and if the guys find out what that is then this bandage will be real.

Dongwoo and L walked into class. Everyone in literature class was talking a lot more than usual, many murmurs about the Eye Candy gig and fight between the Woollim band visuals.  The majority was huddling in small groups gossiping, while a large group of girls surrounding a desk in the middle. Eye Candy were the last two people to enter class, and at their presence everyone immediately turned towards the door to look at them. The group of girls slowly separated themselves to reveal Woohyun and Sungyeol sitting down at that desk. Sungyeol slowly stood up, sporting a shiny black eye. Everyone feared the two of them, both of them staring each other down from across the room.

"I hope that it didn't hurt that much," L snarked. Wow, this guy went all out with black makeup.

Sungyeol laughed. "I could say the same for you."

The whole class mumbled to each other. The class was divided on what happened between the two of them after Eye Candy's concert, betting what was going to happen next. "I wish I saw that fight." "The kings of Woollim are being decided." "L oppa, I hope you're ok." "Sungyeollie, saranghae." 

"Sungyeol, you shouldn't try to beat him up anymore. Eye Candy needs as much help as possible to even compete with us," Woohyun snided.

"Hah, I think you guys need the help." L scoffed, his lips and taking a step forward. "I hope you bring your A-game. Everyone wants some Eye Candy after last weekend."

"There's going to be two competitions now: a competition of music and a competition with my fists," Sungyeol barked.

Dongwoo stepped forward and put his hand out to block L, acting as a middle man for the feud. "Alright, I'm as mad as the next person but we can't do this here right now. Mr. Go is going to walk in soon, so let's keep the peace for now."

The four musicians stared each other down in the classroom. L and Sungyeol took a look at each other and nodded, agreeing to the terms that Dongwoo proposed. Their furious faces slowly calmed down and the two went their own ways to get ready for class. After holding their breaths, the classroom finally let out an exhale of relief. Everyone silently returned to their seats.

Dongwoo and L were able to find two seats next to each other close behind two girls. The two Eye Candy members coolly walked to the seats and dropped their backpacks on the floor. L pulled back his seat with one of the chair legs scratching the floor and making a squeaking noise.

One of the girls in front of them jumped from her seat and squealed, quickly turning around. She had long black hair and a pale complexion with bright pink blush. She was one of the only people in class to have light brown eyes, which had all of the men at school swooning. It was Yoo Hana.

"Oh, Hana! I'm sorry about that," L apologized, bowing at her.

Hana smiled. "That's ok. You and Dongwoo were really good last weekend."

"You came to see our show?!" Dongwoo grinned excitedly. Since he got transfered, he was one of the men in class who fell for her beauty and charms. "You're gonna make me blush..."

"You're really cute." Hana giggled softly and turned back around, just time to see Mr. Go walk in for class.

"Good morning class, I'll be passing back the quiz that everyone took on Friday about the oldest son of the novel Hyong Chol. Of course, some of you who didn't read the book didn't even know he was a boy," Mr. Go announced pitifully.

"Hey, I need a way to ask Hana out on a date. Or at least to go get coffee or something. I need a lead-in," Dongwoo whispered, lightly elbowing his shoulder into L's side.

"She's alright. She's a really nice girl. You're the romantic here. You'll figure something out buddy," L replied back.

"Myungsoo." L looked up as a dark shadow hovered over him. Mr. Go was standing right in front of him holding out a piece of paper.

L gulped, taking the quiz and holding it up with both of his hands. His eyes glistened in shock. "Woah."

"I know. Your tutor has clearly been doing a good job. Keep up the good work Kim Myungsoo." Mr. Go smiled and walked away to pass out more quizzes.

After inspecting his paper, L saw that he got a 28/30 on the character quiz. He turned his head around to look at Dongwoo, shaking the paper with both hands excitedly in front of Dongwoo's face. "I did it! Good standing? That competition has nothing on me," L declared, slamming the the paper on Dongwoo's desk afterwards. 

Dongwoo grabbed the quiz. "I got a 21/30 on this quiz. You went from being the lowest in class to passing. How did the heck did that happen!?"

L turned his head to look at Sungyeol. Woohyun was whispering something in Sungyeol's ear, causing Sungyeol to laugh. L smiled.  "I have the best tutor someone could ask for."

As his friend said that, Dongwoo looked ahead of him and saw the back of Hana's head, remembering that Hana was tutoring L.

 

(((())))

 

With the end of literature class, everyone filed out the door in pairs and small groups to go to their next classes. Dongwoo and L walked out of class together. 

"Hey man, I got to run and get ready for history," L declared, patting Dongwoo's shoulder. "See you later!" L swung a strap of his backpack over his shoulder and saluted his friend before turning around to run down the hallway.

Dongwoo walked in the opposite direction for his next class, noticing Hana ahead of him by herself. He looked around the hallway to see if there was anyone else who was going to walk up to her, his lips, and walked over to Hana. In each step forward, he swayed his body to reach maximum confidence.

At the same time, Woohyun and Sungyeol walked out of class together with a couple girls linked to their arms, fawning over the Strawberry Fields members. "Sungyeol, you're even beautiful when you get hurt, but stop making us worried," one of the girls scolded, linking her arm with Sungyeol tighter and lifting her hand to try and touch Sungyeol's eye.

Sungyeol flinched and quickly shrugged her off her shoulder before she could touch his eye. He did not want the makeup to rub off. "Not right now, it will hurt if you touch it," he lied, putting his arms out to push her away.

"That's ok, I don't want to hurt you even more oppa."

"Hey look," Woohyun said, pointing down the hallway. The two of them saw Dongwoo walking up to Hana. Woohyun gently shrugged off the girl on his arm and tapped on Sungyeol's shoulder, pointing straight at Dongwoo's back like a gun and motioning for them to follow him.

"Hey Hana!" Hana turned around and saw Dongwoo walking up to her. 

Hana stopped to wait for him. "Dongwoo! Where are you off to next?"

Dongwoo finally caught up to her. The two of them continued to walk. "I have math class next, what about you?" He put his hand through his hair.

"This is my free period now, so I'm going to go study or maybe help volunteer for a professor," she answered.

Why are you so cute? "Well," Dongwoo gulped nervously. "When... when is the next time you have a free period after school?" That was stupid, why did you say that. MICHINOM MICHINOM MICHONOM.

"This Wednesday I'll be free after school," she answered, starting to blush from being flirted with.

"Great! I mean," Dongwoo facepalmed. "Ok, well what I wanted to say is," he held onto Hana's arm and stopped her from walking in the middle of the hallway. "I think you're really cute, and I want to get to know you more! I want to start small though. You've been tutoring L in literature for the past month, so maybe you can tutor me also?" He smiled finally getting everything out of his system.

Hana looked at Dongwoo perplexingly and started to frown.

As Woohyun and Sungyeol followed suit, Sungyeol overheard Dongwoo talk about Hana tutoring L and panicked. "."

"Mwo?" Woohyun asked.

Dongwoo saw that she was perplexed and nervously moved his eyes around, wondering if he had said anything wrong.

"Uh, I don't tutor L. I'm average in literature," Hana admitted.

Dongwoo squinted his eyes. "Wait, haven't you been tutoring L every Thursday?" 

"No I haven't."

Dongwoo had never been so confused in his life. "I'm lost here."

"Oh!" Hana put her hand out to put on Dongwoo's shoulder. "I think I may know who tutors L, because he's tutored me before."

"It's a he!?" Dongwoo was shocked.

In this moment Sungyeol realized his cover could get blown. He knew that anyone finding out would be trouble for not only him but L.  In the second of danger he sprinted towards Dongwoo and violently pushed Dongwoo towards the lockers, scaring Hana off in the process. Just exactly what I wanted. Sungyeol leaned against Dongwoo's back, pressing Dongwoo's face against the cold metal lockers.

"Who do you think you are?!" Dongwoo screamed.

"I thought you said you wanted to keep the peace until class ended? Class is over," Sungyeol snided.

Woohyun ran up to the two of them and laughed, putting his fist out towards Sungyeol. Sungyeol let go of Dongwoo and proceed to bump fists with his friend. 

Dongwoo turned around to lean against the lockers and brushed his shirt. After his altercation with Sungyeol, he had completely forgotten about Hana and L's tutoring situation. He only had one thought in his mind, and that was beating Strawberry Fields. "Stop worrying so much about how many people you hurt and worry about your music," he chimed.

"Maybe you should be worried. You had a decent concert for nugus," Woohyun insulted.

The bell rang 5 minutes before the next class started. The three of them glared at each other. The war between Strawberry Fields and Eye Candy was heating up, and with a few more weeks before the real competition tension was rising. Dongwoo fixed his collar and walked away, seeing the two rivals at the corner of his eye. At this point, he could not remember anything about L's tutor. Woohyun and Sungyeol watched Dongwoo before turning around to go in the opposite direction.

Sungyeol was sweating.

 

(((())))

 

Setting: L's bedroom

 

With the lights dimmed low in his room and the blinds closed, "Romeo N' Juliet" by Clazziquai Project sweetly playing in the background. L's door was closed and blocked with a chair. Sungyeol was lying on L's bed, his blazer and sweatervest pushed to the side of the bed. L was on top of him, the two of them sweetly kissing each other to the music. 

L stopped kissing him and smiled, their noses touching each other. "So Dongwoo didn't find out?"

"Nope," Sungyeol replied, moving his hands towards L's collar and helping remove his blazer.

"Good." L allowed for Sungyeol to remove the last arm of his jacket off, dropping the blazer next to Sungyeol's stripped clothes. L leaned in to kiss Sungyeol, each passing second became more passionate.

Sungyeol ran his fingers through L's hair, grabbing onto the back of his head to get his tongue closer to his.

A violent knock came down L's door. The two lovebirds quickly got up from the bed. L grabbed his blazer to put it back on and took Sungyeol's clothes to shove under the bed, after it all happened he sat back down. Sungyeol got up to pry the chair off the door knob. It was L's method of locking the door since he did not have one. L's doorknob was moving from the inside, the person vehemently trying to get in. Sungyeol removed the chair from the door and opened the door. 

"Oppa!" A black shadow appeared as Sungyeol opened it. Behind the door a little girl's head popped out.
 
After looking inside the room, she viciously pushed the door open to Sungyeol's surprise and ran towards L, climbing on top of the bed and jumping on L's back. L screamed when she sat on him but the pain in his face from the weight quickly disappeared to a warm expression. He laughed. "Dasom, get off!"
 
Sungyeol flashed a silly grin on his face, as if he had seen the most precious and most heartwarming thing he had ever seen in his life. He took amusement in seeing a girl wearing a drenched raincoat sitting on top of him. 
 
As L started to slowly push himself off the bed to stand, Dasom wrapped her hands around his shoulders and hung from his back. "Hey Sungyeol, this is my little sister." L crouched down for his sister to get off his back. L sat back down on his bed an took Dasom by her hands. "Did you just get home?"
 
Dasom nodded rapidly, making the two visuals laugh at her. She jumped around and stared at Sungyeol. She looked him at how tall he was and pointed at his head. "I want as many earrings as him!"
 
Both of them started to laugh in embarrassment. Sungyeol covered his ears with his hands, which started to turn red from blushing.
 
"He has a black spot on his face," she chimed.
 
Sungyeol covered his eye. Before they started their makeout session, he didn't wipe the makeup off.
 
"My little sister is a curious kid," L giggled.
 
"He's from Papaya Mountain! Right oppa?" Dasom asked.
 
Sungyeol rubbed his forehead. "Strawberry Fields."
 
"That's not what oppa said!" she argued.
 
Sungyeol shrugged it off and smiled. He sat down next to L on his bed to look at Dasom at an even eye-level. "How old are you?"
 
"30," Dasom replied.
 
"Chincha," L scolded.
 
Dasom just smiled.
 
The whole situation amused Sungyeol, for he had never seen a cutie as cute as L's sister. It was a really refreshing moment for Sungyeol, and her infectious smile made him never want to leave. "Give me a high five!" Sungyeol raised his hand to his shoulder, low enough for Dasom to reach. 
 
"No!" she snickered.
 
L felt a little embarassed, but he let the moment slide. "Be nice Dasom, give him a high five."
 
She looked at L with a blank stare and shrugged her shoulders. "Ok!" She agreed.
 
Dasom leaned to give Sungyeol a high five, and at that split moment they touched hands he noticed something out of the ordinary with her.
 
He noticed something on her wrist. He blinked twice to make sure he was seeing the right thing. On her wrist were two bracelets. One bracelet was made from a white-gold chain with a dangling pink and green heart. When she brought her hand down from the high five, she jumped around and the bracelet dangled. The other bracelet was white wristband that he saw had a serial number with her name and date of birth. The wristband had four words bolded: Seoul National University Hospital.
 
"Oppa, can you play 'Haru Haru'?" Dasom asked.
 
Sungyeol blankly stared at Dasom. "Haru Haru?"
 
Without another wasted second, L smiled and reached over to the side of his bed to pick up the acoustic guitar fro his stand. He patted the space in between him and Sungyeol for Dasom to sit. Dasom climbed on top of L's bed and sat with her legs crossed. "Oppa's going to sing you your favorite song!"
 
Sungyeol was confused, blinking several times. Why was she at the hospital? He looked at L who was tuning his guitar and back at Dasom. He looked down to stare at her wristband. Seoul National University hospital. That was when he remembered a conversation he had with L before. L and his sister went to a benefit concert before with 2AM and CNBlue at the place. Sungyeol started to piece every conversation they had together. 
 
L started to strum the intro of BIGBANG's "Haru Haru", making each note sound gentle for his sister to handle. He looked at his sister and his lips, making them moist to sing. He opened his mouth.
 
Sungyeol started to rap.
 
"Padocheoreom buswojin nae mam.
Baramcheoreom heundeullineun nae mam.
Yeongicheoreom sarajin nae sarang.
Munsincheoreom jiwojijiga anha.
Hansumman ttangi kkeojira swijyo,
Nae gaseumsogen meonjiman ssahijyo say goodbye."
 
L looked up and was shocked to see Sungyeol start rapping the song, startling him and causing him to miss a couple notes at the beginning. He looked at Sungyeol, who was rapping with his eyes closed. L continued to strum and after Sungyeol finished his part, L continued the rap.
 
"Nega eobsin dan harudo mot salgeotman gatatdeon na,
Saenggakgwaneun dareugedo geureokjeoreok honja jal sara.
Bogosipdago bulleobwado neon amu daedabeobtjanha.
Heotdoen gidae georeobwado ijen soyongeobtjanha."
 
Dasom swayed her head back and forth, grinning to each verse they sang. 
 
The chorus was next. L improvised his strums different from the usual version he played. L opened his mouth and started to sing the chorus, as well as Sungyeol, who finally opened his eyes and tilted his head back. The two of them sang the chorus together.
 
"Dorabojimalgo tteonagara.
Tto nareul chatjimalgo saragara.
Neoreul saranghaetgie huhoeeopgie
Johatdeon gieongman gajyeogara.
Geureokjeoreok chamabolmanhae.
Geureokjeoreok gyeondyeonaelmanhae.
Neon geureolsurok haengbokhaeyadwae
Haru haru
Mudyeojyeogane."
 
L finished the song off and played one last chord before ending, holding his hand out for dramatic effect. L smiled. Dasom jumped off the bed and hugged her brother. "Goodnight oppa." Her brother bent over with the guitar still on his lap and kissed her forehead. Dasom let go and hurriedly ran out of his room, taking the door knob.
 
"I like Sungyeol!" She left the room and slammed the door behind closed. 
 
Once she left, L gazed at Sungyeol and thought about their duet together. He blinked his eyes thinking about how much he enjoyed rapping and singing with him. "She's a brat," was all he could say, strumming random notes on his guitar. 
 
Sungyeol did not say a word after, trying to comprehend every thought in his head. He helped L sing a lullaby to his sister, his sister came back from the hospital, and he really liked L. It was too much to take in.
 
After strumming a few random notes, L noticed that Sungyeol was not as cheerful as he was earlier during the day when the two started studying. L studied Sungyeol's gaze. He started to wonder if he had done anything wrong to cause him to act this way again. "Are you feeling ok, Sungyeol?"
 
The words broke Sungyeol's blank gaze, causing him to shiver momentarily before he looked at L. He blinked. He wanted to know everything about Dasom and the curiosity killed him, but he took a look at L and knew that now was not the right time. It was the two of them together, and Sungyeol knew that if L did not tell him anything it was for a reason. Sungyeol trusted that if his sister's situation was something he wanted to know, L would eventually tell him. For now, he wanted to spend more time with L. He grabbed L's acoustic guitar by the body and took it away from him, placing it on the floor. He smiled to hide his thoughts. "You're sister's really cute."
 
"Like I said, she's a brat," L smirked. He leaned in and touched Sungyeol's neck, kissing him once more.
 
 

What will happen next??? You'll find out soon. For now, please enjoy BIGBANG's acoustic version of Haru Haru.