Bulgogi

Shut Up and Love Me!

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE LOVE I'VE RECEIVED FOR MY FIRST 3 FANFICS! You are all great, and for eveyone's surprise: I extended this fanfic to 10-chapters. If I'm feeling creative I may add more. You are all amazing!!


Setting: L's bedroom

10 o'clock at night, and the winter rain began. L had been playing his acoustic guitar on his bed for two hours straight. Strumming his acoustic guitar had always been therapeutic for him, especially after a long day. He reflected the most while playing it, and at the moment he was thinking back to earlier that day when Sungyeol hit him in front of everyone. Sure, their bands were not on good terms, but L sincerely thought the two of them made a decent connection. The feeling did not sit well with him. Even after that, Eye Candy headed over to Sunggyu's basement to practice, where L and Dongwoo got into a fight with each other over who would be lead vocalist.  The rain dripped down his window, the pattering on the window soothing. He felt lightheaded. It was one of those days where was only one cure, and that cure was music.

L prepared himself to play another song. He was alone, but he imagined his bedroom as if he was holding a solo concert in front of a sold out crowd. In his head, he had girls standing at the front of him pushing and shoving to climb up the stage and get a piece of him while lines of security stop them. "KAMSANIDA!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. He took his guitar and stood up from his bed, bowing in front of his closet as if there was a crowd. "We are CNBlue, and this song is called 'I'm Sorry'." L strummed a first chord and waited for the cheers and screams of the crowd in his head to subside. Finally, he started bobbing his head and strummed the guitar to play the melody. 

"Mworago nan ne mal moreugesseo
Na sirtaneun ne mareul moreugesseo
Wanjeonhi michyeosseo jeongsincharyeo michyeosseo
Are you crazy?"

He sang the song with much passion, even jumping around the room to make the crowd go crazy. He stuck his tongue out and looked at the mirror, which in his head was a beautiful girl in the crowd screaming his name over and over. "L! OPPA SARANGHAE!" she said. L smiles and continues to sing.

"Gandago seulpeun cheok yeongi malgo. Tteonandago pinggyedo geuman malhae. Wanjeonhi michyeosseo jeongsincharyeo michyeosseo. Are you crazy?..."

"Ne majimak mareun geu chagaun mareun, I’m sorry!"

Another person started singing in the room, which startled L and caused him to drop his acoustic guitar. With good reflexes, he caught the guitar just in time before it hit the floor. L twisted his body and making the leap of faith to land on the ground first before his guitar could. He fell on his back and raised the guitar in the air. L looked up to the ceiling. Everything was moving around in circles. Behind the guitar was a blurry figure. He blinked several times to try and get back his vision, and when his eyes started to clear he jumped up from the floor. "Sungyeol?"

Sungyeol hestitated and laughed nervously, smiling down at L. "Hey Myungsoo."

Don't call me Myungsoo. L's music therapy session came crashing down after he saw Sungyeol's face. He took his guitar and pointed the head at Sungyeol. "How did you get in here?"

Sungyeol held the guitar by the fretboard and took it away from L, holding it to his chest and and slowly turning the tuning pegs. "I told your mom I was the next door neighbor and I went to school with you." L gave him the deadliest stare he could ever give. "By the way, this guitar is out of tune."

"Give me back that guitar." L pushed himself up from the floor and snatched the guitar away from Sungyeol. "You are the last person I want in my room right now."

In a tension-filled room, L looked like he was on the verge of taking his whole guitar and smashing Sungyeol's head with it. His solo concert got ruined by his least favorite person, and in his head he heard every girl in the crowd start booing. "Get off the stage!" heard the fans yell, throwing anything from food to paper balls at him to shoo him off.

"You ruined my performance," L frowned.

Sungyeol raised his hands to his chest in an effort to calm him down. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for earlier today. Except." L was carefully listening. "Unlike the song you just played, I really am sorry."

L carefully placed his guitar on his bed and crossed his arms, trying to analyze this whole situation. This blueberry tree visual is more complicated than any girl I have ever met. This was an apology he had been waiting for since they first met. "Go on."

"I think..." Sungyeol took a nervous gulp before he continued. "I think that right now our bands hate each other more than anything. Because of that I need to play a role in my band." He turned and made eye contact with L to show sincerity. "I do have loyalties to my band, and both Woohyun and Hoya want to take you down. You are right. I dont have to help you in class. I don't have to help you with anything, but it would be against my conscience to do that. So I need to play that role in public."

L was not at all shocked by what he said. In fact, as much as he hated to say it Sungyeol was right. He had no guts to tell Sunggyu that Sungyeol was tutoring him in the first place. Tutoring was something so trivial, yet it could affect the balance of both bands. He took a look into Sungyeol's eyes and saw a lot of truth in what he said. L stayed quiet, but he gently nodded his head in agreement.

"I hope that makes sense. I will continue to help you."

"It made sense," L said softly, his heart feeling a little heavy after he apologized. Get it together, you're better than him.

"Ill see you at tutoring." Sungyeol displayed a half smile and gave a quick bow before he motioned towards the door. L stared at him as Sungyeol opened his bedroom door. Before he left, Sungyeol saw in the corner something familiar. He took a quick look to his left an saw a shiny blue bass guitar resting on a stand by L's closet. "We have the same bass." He smiled, and exited L's room.

Baffled by this whole situation, L plopped on his bed next to his guitar as Sungyeol left. L rubbed his head with his hands and messed up his hair, exasperated by the whole day. That mysterious bastard.

 

Setting: Woollim High outdoor courtyard, last period before school ends

 

The last class of the day for the Eye Candy boys was Biology. The biology teacher Mr. Seonim brought the class out today to look at how trees change due to the weather, but to everyone's discontempt he decided to experiment with this during the winter. Everyone in the class was clinging to each other, shivering from the cold and wanting to go back inside. Sunggyu, L, and Dongwoo sat on one of the courtyard benches sleeping against each other from the boredom. The girls in their class encircled the boys took out their phones sneakily and took pictures of the tired band, sending text messages to their friends. "They look so adorable when they sleep!" "I want to sleep next to one of them."

An enthusiastic Sungjong ran up to the band with a tree branch and leaped in the air, landing right in front of the boys. The girls surrounding them squealed and ran away. Sungjong used the tree branch to poke them and wake up the boys. "Wake up!"

The three of them woke up startled as they all got attacked by a tree branch. They started to scream at their maknae and tried to steal the tree branch away from him. "You little!" Sunggyu yelled. 

They were all holding onto one piece of the tree branch when they noticed that the PE class that was also outside had just ended. A large group of people were exiting the gates of the track field. Eye Candy looked off in the distance to watch the class go to the gym showers after running laps.

Dongwoo looked in the distance and noticed a familiar face in the crowd. "Hoya," he declared.

L also recognized another face, and everytime he sees that face he feels like his mind is locked in a room going crazy. He shivered at the cold weather and the thought of him. "Sungyeol." Whenever he said that name, it always made him feel confused.

Dongwoo's eyes widened as if he had a realization. "Everyone in PE is about to take showers right now?"

Sunggyu groaned. "Yeah, why do you want to take a shower with Hoya?"

"Even better." Dongwoo had the evilist grin on his face and jumped up. He ran away from their biology class and started screaming, making a cartwheel and continuing to run towards the gym bathrooms. Before he disappeared into the room, he jumped high into the air and clicked both of his heels together. Sungjong, L, and Sunggyu stared at their weird friend.

"I don't know how we became friends with that bastard," Sunggyu laughed.

L smiled and got up, motion Sunggyu to also get up from the picnic bench. "Get up lazy , we should try to pay attention in class. It's over in 5 minutes anyways." He was better off paying attention in class, especially since he needed to keep his grades up.

"Aish, I hate putting effort." Sunggyu put his hand out for someone to to pull him up. Sungjong dropped the tree branch and extended his arm, grabbing Sunggyu's hand and pulling him off the bench. Sunggyu spread his arms and put them around both L and Sungjong. They all walked towards their teacher to pay attention towards the end of class.

"Do you think that dinosaur is going to make it back to class?" Sungjong asked.

The two hyungs shrugged. "Doubt it," they both said in unison.

 

(((())))

 

School had finally ended, and the hallways were overcrowded with people trying to get to their lockers. It was always a mess after school in the hallways. Sunggyu, L, and Sungjong were at their lockers, all of them staring into their mirror lockers. A lot of the girls who had lockers around them felt graced by their presence and stared at the boys gently brush their hair. "They're so beautiful." "Not as beautiful as Strawberry Fields." "I can't wait to see them compete!" The hallway was a continuation of the day's talk and gossip, but the Eye Candy boys could care less to participate.

Suddenly, heavy footsteps could be heard running down the halls. Everyone in the hallway stayed quiet as if they heard a giant. A shadow turned the corner of the hallway, and guy with blonde curly hair almost slipped on his military boots. Everyone in the corner gasped when he almost tripped, but he gained his balance and pushed the floor with one of his hands, giving him speed to run faster.

Sunggyu, L, and Sungjong peered over to look at what was going on when all three of them recognized the familiar face. "Dongwoo?!"

Dongwoo was running as fast as he could, holding his arms open as if he was an airplane flying in the air. He had the silliest grin on his face and was laughing hysterically while he ran. "KYAKYAKYA!" He leaped into the air running towards his friends, and other students screamed and pushed each other to make way for his run. 

Just when everyone thought the weirdness was over, another blonde-headed kid came flying around the corner, except something was different about him. Everyone looked down the hall and couldn't believe their eyes as they saw a guy wearing nothing but a pink cooking apron and apron. On the apron, there was a message messily sharpied on the front: "Eye Candy!" Everyone in the hallway murmured and screamed at when they recognized the kid. "Hoya?" "Is that Lee Ho Won?" everyone gossiped. 

Hoya had never looked so furious in his life as he grunted and ran towards Dongwoo. "THIS MEANS WAR!" he yelled out.

Everyone in the hallway couldn't tell if they should be laughing or scared for their lives. All the girls squealed when they saw a half- Hoya run down the halls. All the students moved each other out of the way so they wouldn't get ran over by them. Sunggyu, L, and Sungjong were astonished and amused by this whole situation, laughing at Dongwoo who was running towards them. All four of them looked at each other and knew exactly what the other one was thinking. They all screamed in unison: "SHUT UP AND RUN!!!"

 

(((())))

 

L and Sungyeol sat together in the school's library for another tutoring session. Sungyeol went off on a tangent, talking about the author of Please Look After Mom Kyung-Sook Shin. L sat with his legs on the table and spent majority of the time playing with his pen and dozing off, holding the pen in the middle and mildly shaking it to create the illusion that it was rubber. He did not really care to pay attention to anything that was going on during the tutoring session.

"You haven't started reading the book yet, haven't you?" Sungyeol asked, raising his eyebrow and looking a little frustrated.

"Well, maybe not. I mean," L took his legs off the table and put his pen on the table. "I'm sorry. I'm bored," he freely admitted.

"How do you expect to get a passing grade for our next test if you don't even read it?" Sungyeol growled.

"I will read it! And plus, you're only talking about the author right now, not exactly relevant to the book now is it?" L said, trying to act smart. He took the pen he was playing with and flung it at Sungyeol.

The pen bounced off the tip of Sungyeol's nose. Sungyeol took his hands and violently rubbed his head in frustration, making him look like a crazy man with his long red hair all over the place. "I'm done for the day." He took his book and slammed it abruptly, spooking L and making him jump in his seat. Sungyeol started putting the book and his other school supplies in his backpack as if he had surrendered to L's insolence. I'm too hungry to deal with this right now.

They had only been in the library for 30 minutes, and there was another extra 30 minutes that could be used for studying. L groaned at Sungyeol, dragging his voice to complain. "You can't leave right now! Our session isn't even over yet!"

"Well too..." Sungyeol lost his train of thought when he looked at the time. It was 4:30 in the afternoon.

"I have to do well or else I'll get kicked out of the competition!" L whined.

Suddenly, Sungyeol had an idea. "Do you like bulgogi?"

L looked at him dumbfounded, looking around the library trying to find out what the connection is. How is this at all related to studying? "Uh, I love bulgogi."

Sungyeol smirked. "Great, let's go get dinner."

"Right now?"

"Yes!"

The Strawberry Fields visual pulled on L's arm and pulled him out of his chair. As he was pulled out, L quickly hooked onto his bag before Sungyeol completely dragged him out of the library.