Epilogue

Shut Up and Love Me!

The alarm went off in L's room, much to his displeasure. He swept his alarm off the side table as it crashed on the ground, L groaning at how early it was. For a Saturday morning, their band called for a practice to prepare themselves for a gig that night. Sunglight peaked out of his window blinds and landed on L's eyes, stirring him to finally roll out of bed.

L struggled to sit on the side of his bed, rubbing his eyes to try and wake himself up. He let out a morning yawn, raising his arms to stretch from side-to-side and get ready for the day at hand. He stood up from his bed, taking a deep breath and turning to look at his undone sheets. He contemplated whether he would just leave the bed like that, or try to make it and set a precedent for the day.

Don't be a lazy

L saw his blanket comforter fall to the floor, tucked in under his bed from moving around in his sleep. L blinked his eyes and leaned over to pull the blanket back up onto the bed. With so much fluff and padding part of the blanket hooked onto the bedframe, so L crouched down to unhook the threads off the metal frame. The blanket was finally pulled off, and that was when he noticed something from under his bed.

Some sort of wool fabric peaked from under his bed, so L bent over to pick it up. Sitting there was a crumpled up sweatervest which had accumulated a lot of dust. L patted the dust off and watched as little particles set into the air, causing L to choke a little and cough. Is this mine? L shook the sweatervest open, unfolding it in his arms and holding it out in the window. The sweatervest looked like it was well taken care of in the past, with hints of it being dry cleaned and pressed. On the tag was a black marker. L blinked his eyes and brought the tag closer to him for a look. He held the tag up to the light, and in that moment he felt like his heart dropped. Lee.

 

(((())))

 

L walked out of his apartment with his guitar case strapped around his back, dressed in jeans and a baseball tee to get ready for practice. He held his keys in one hand to unlock his door, and cuddled in his other hand was Sungyeol's sweatervest. He had no idea how long it had been there, but it could have been months since he last saw it. He walked over to Sungyeol's apartment to knock on his door, but as he approached it Sungyeol opened the door on his own. He slammed the door behind him, surprised that L was already waiting.

Sungyeol did not think much about it. They had practice together anyways. "What's up?"

"You left your sweatervest at my place," L started, handing it back to Sungyeol.

"What?" Sungyeol took the sweatervest, inspecting the tag right way to make sure it really was his. He read the marker on the tag, his last name in bold letters. "Wow, this really is mine."

"I don't know how long it had been at my place," L shrugged.

"Well, thanks," Sungyeol smirked. He had an idea of when he could have lost it, reminiscing on a past time that he spent in his room.  

"No problem."

The two of them stayed quiet, adding to the morning anxiety and tireness of having to go to practice bright and early. 

"I have something for you too."

Sungyeol was holding a white envelope in his hand, and passed it to L as if it was a secret.

L raised an eyebrow, unsure what it could possibly be. He took the envelope from Sungyeol, which was not sealed in any way. With much curiosity, L opened the flap and looked inside, almost dropping the envelope due to the contents. His body in complete and utter shock. "What the..." L was speechless.

"Tickets to watch 10cm's acoustic concert next week," Sungyeol smiled, keeping his composure.

L felt like he lost all air in his lungs, unable to breath from what he was staring at. "I, wait... you... what... but I-"

"I got them from Sungjong. His parents know of 10cm's manager, since they performed at their bar before."

"But..." L was taken aback at the gift. At no point did he tell Sungyeol to buy the tickets for him, but now he held the tickets to watch one of his favorite bands perform an acoustic set. "I can't..."

Sungyeol blushed a little. "Happy 200 day anniversary Myungsoo!"

 

Flashback: The day after L and Sungyeol broke up, the day before their gig

 

Sungyeol followed L to meet up with the band at Sunggyu's pool hall. That Friday after school, Sunggyu called for an emergency meeting for everyone to talk. L and Sungyeol dreaded the meeting, and after having to end their relationship the night before, the two of them felt nothing but emptiness and bitterness about everything. At the same time, they knew it was the best decision they could make for the future of their friends. For the both of them, it came down to the fact that they would be messing with the careers of five different people, and neither of them wanted to have that bounty on their head in the long run. They had yet to fully accept their breakup, going to the pool hall without saying a single word to each other.

L opened the door for Sungyeol to come in, and as they entered they saw that everyone had arrived early to the hall. Their friends took up the corner of the pool hall, sharing seats on one of the pool tables and a nearby couch. Both of them were surprised to find everyone there, everyone looking back at the two of them with serious looks. L and Sungyeol walked over to their friends with heavy hearts, their eyes still dry from crying the night before. Sungyeol took a seat on the couch next to Dongwoo, while L decided to stay standing for their meeting. Everyone looked at the both of them, waiting and expecting one of them to say something.

L sniffed, letting the news come out. "We broke up."

The room stood silent, everyone morose as they looked at each other. There was not a single response that came out of anyone in the room. 

L repeated his words, expecting someone like Sunggyu or Woohyun to applaud their decision. "I said, we broke up."

Dongwoo looked up at Sunggyu, mouthing words to him. Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head at him.

"Shut up Dongwoo!" Sunggyu mumbled.

"What is going on right now?" Sungyeol asked, leaning against the arm rest. All energy was drained from his body after the ordeal he had to go through the night before.

"Explain it, Sunggyu," Dongwoo demanded.

"Aish-" Sunggyu jumped off of the pool table and crossed his arms. He stepped forward so that he was noticed in the middle of their sitting circle. "Shut up Dongwoo."

"What?" L was confused.

Finally, Hoya decided to break the news. "Sunggyu met up with Jong Yeop-sshi earlier today to tell him that-"

"We're not idols anymore," Sunggyu interrupted, letting out a sigh.

L and Sungyeol's eyes widened in shock, floored by what he admitted to. "Mwo?!" they yelled in unison.

"How do we explain this," Woohyun wondered, biting his lip and shaking his head nervously.

"Sunggyu, can you just explain the situation?" Dongwoo asked.

"I'LL EXPLAIN IT," Sungjong got up from the couch, frustrated by the idiocracy from everyone around him. "Someone has to tell the story I guess." Sungjong turned to look at L and pointed at him. "When you told Sunggyu you guys were going to break up, Sunggyu called everyone to meet here last night."

"It was ing 2 o' clock in the morning, too..." Hoya moaned.

"Sunggyu couldn't let you guys do it," Sungjong explained.

"Wait." Sungyeol stood up from his seat, confused by why Sunggyu suddenly showed sympathy for the two of them. "Why would you do something like that? No one is gonna be an idol now."

"Because." Sunggyu took a deep breath, the leader finally speaking up about the situation. "We started off as 2 seperate bands, and we already had a good following from that. But you." Sunggyu walked over to Sungyeol and patted his shoulder. "It was you who brought everyone together in the first place. Abd even then, we were already fine witout this life. We played for fun, we played for music, we played for friendship."

"Our gig is still on tomorrow," Sungjong confirmed, nodding his head. "Just because we're no longer a band under a big company, does not mean that we're no longer a band. I got the gig because they're my parents, not because we were going to be idols."

"Now that we're not idols, things are going to be the exact same way as it was before. Our name is just known now, even though it had always been known as Eye Candy and Strawberry Fields. We're going to be the next biggest band in Korea without anyone's help, and we'll now be able to have the freedom we always had." Dongwoo was out of breath, letting out an exhale for the finisher. "That means you guys can date."

L and Sungyeol look at each other, having broken up less than 24 hours before, now given permission to date again. It was a mess of emotions going through everyone's heads, and neither of them could yet understand why they would do such a thing.

Sungyeol shook his head and looked at Hoya, distressed about the whole situation. "Hoya, you let this happen? Out of everyone here, you would want to be an idol."

Woohyun smiled. "Hoya was on board the whole time."

Sungyeol's mouth dropped in disbelief.

Hoya smirked, "As a band, we all fail if someone is hurting. I've been living the dream ever since he formed Strawberry Fields, and everything was only an added bonus. I kind of miss the normal life, and honestly as long as we continue playing gigs then we're not losing anything at all. Sure we lost a couple months to training, but now we all know how to dance, play a diverse set of instruments, and sing better. We didn't waste any time training, we're just a better band now."

L scoffed. "Is this a joke Sunggyu? Cause I have it hard to believe you would do call everyone out in the middle of night to talk about this. Let alone, everyone agreeing to this."

Sunggyu knew that L would be skeptical about the whole situation. He approached his friend, putting his arm around him to assure him. "I knew from the beginning you would make sacrifices for the band. I knew that from the beginning. Now, I had to ask myself what I would do to make my best friend happy. I don't think we ever really needed to be idols to have music. We already had music before."

L was touched by all of this, and with Sunggyu tugging on his heart strings he felt like he was in for another emotional tearfest. L shook his head, giving Sunggyu a hug for everything he had done for him. Sunggyu returned the favor and embraced L, patting his back for support.

"I mean, can we really be idols? Woohyun's voice isn't up to par, Hoya has trouble breathing when he sings, and Sungyeol's voice is too soft."

Woohyun, Hoya, and Sungyeol looked at each other then back at Sunggyu. "Shut up Sunggyu!" The three of them barged in on Sunggyu and L's hug, tightly holding onto each other for a choke. Finally, Dongwoo and Sungjong joined in their group hug last. In one of the warmest moments the band had together, they realized that by no longer becoming idols that their future had just started. They were determined to still be successful without a big company, and they were determined that they could all be a band while having their own individual happiness. All of them laughed at each other, their friendship more powerful than ever.

"What do you want me to do?!" Sunggyu yelled out.

Infinite hugged each other tighter, getting ready for their catchphrase.

"SHUT UP AND RUN!"

 

(((())))

 

"I told you, I hate celebrating anniversaries," L grumbled, flipping through the tickets delicately with his fingers. He did not want to put a single crease or wrinkle on them, the tickets immaculate in his sense.

"I know," Sungyeol grinned.

"How much were these tickets?" L asked.

"Don't worry about it. Now that we have our free time back, I worked some shifts at my grandpa's restaurant for some extra money. They were discounted though because I got them through Sungjong."

L was livid, unstrapping his guitar case and dropping it to the floor. He was also hysterical. "But you have to pay for your private tutoring for the college entrance exam! You know that since you don't have any parental support that you can't just spend money like this. I don't know how many times I've told you, stop spending money on me for these things, and stop surprising me like this. You did the exact same thing during our 100 day anniversary, and you just need to stop-"

"Myungsoo!" Sungyeol grabbed onto his shoulders to stop his word vomit.

"What?!" L screamed at him.

Sungyeol leaned in to plant a kiss, almost everything that L complained about he had forgotten because of Sungyeol's sweet lips. Sungyeol pulled back, brushing L's lips with his thumb. 

"Just shut up and thank me."

 


 

:D

Did you panic after you read the last bonus? I'm sorry if I did.

I cannot thank everyone enough who had given the time to read this fanfic, comment, subscribe, vote. You have no idea how much fun I had writing this, and for it all to come tenfold is amazing. I love all of you seriously. I hope that you all thoroughly enjoyed this adventure just as much as I had writing it. I say this all the time, but thank you everyone for your amazing support.

I kind of cried a little finishing this fanfic. Mostly because, this was my first major fanfic and to see it turn into this was crazy. 

Another Myungyeol fanfic will be coming up at the start of December, and like I've said before it's going to be an intense action fanfic. If anyone reading this is a Woogyu fan, I've started a comedy fanfic called Waiting for You that I will be updating for the rest of this month. As well as more one shots, because I absolutely love one shots. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/593526/waiting-for-you-comedy-dongwoo-infinite-sunggyu-woogyu-woohyun

As you finish this fanfic, throw some love and let me know about everything! From every conflict to every favorite scene, let me know what you thought.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A BLAST READING THIS! THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW:

I LOVE YOU ALL!