4

Project Soul -- The Parasite

It was already 3 in the morning. The sky was a black blanket that embraced the world. There were no stars in the sky, while the moon was a thin crescent. Everyone was supposed to be asleep, but the Cube Headquarters were as lively as they could be. In the female dressing room were four girls. Three of them busy chatting and discussing as they walked around and gathered stuff here and there.

 

Closets were opened and closed with a slam by the tall girl with the wavy maroon hair, the shortest among them opened drawers and closed them, while the dark haired was standing behind the girl in the wheelchair in front of the mirror as she brushed her hair carefully. The victim of the turmoil the other girls had caused, was sitting as her eyes glanced at everything that caught her attention. The sparkle of curiosity was lively in her eyes.

 

The door to the dressing room opened and another female walked in. She was quite tall and had a sun kissed tanned skin. Her dark hair was neatly bound in a ponytail. In her hand she had a paper bag while her other pushed open the door. She glanced around the room and couldn’t help but sigh at the mess that was created. Of course she would have to clean up after these people.

 

“I’m back.” She announced and gained the attention of Baeri and Chaima. “You know how hard it is to buy underwear at this hour?”

“Well did you find some?” Chaima asked her as she closed another closet with a loud bang causing the girl in the wheelchair to jolt in her seat.

“Sorry.” Chaima immediately apologised with a small smile.

“Yeah. I think I have the right size. I bought 4 pairs for now.” The girl responded.

“Nice job, Esmee. I knew we could count on you!” Baeri beamed at her.

“Yeah… No problem. Anyway, isn’t it too much to make her wear a bra? I don’t think she’s ever had to wear any clothes, let alone underwear.” Esmee questioned.

 

The three females glanced at each other also with questioning gazes.

“Yeah. I figured as much.” Esmee sighed. “Don’t force the poor girl into things. She needs to get used to it. Anyway, call me if you need me. I’m heading home for now.”

“Thanks, Esmee. Have a good night.” Hongjung greeted the girl.

 

And with a smile, the tanned female left them alone. Chaima had finally found something for the girl to wear, while Baeri handed Hongjung some hair accessories to tie the knee length hair of the girl up. It was the longest the three of them had ever seen on someone and handling it was hard. It took two people and half an hour to braid her hair properly.

 

When they finally managed to, they were ready to go back to the boys. The three girls were satisfied with the makeover, whereas the victim was curiously fumbling with the clothing she was wearing. It was a knee-length simple dress, which wasn’t too loose nor too tight. Her hair was mostly the same length and brushed back in a neat thick braid.

 

Because it was late at night, the girls decided not to put on makeup since she’d probably be sleeping in a while. They had also tried to give her shoes, but she refused to wear them and kept taking them off. After a while, they decided not to force her and were satisfied that she was at least wearing something other than Hyunseung’s jacket.

 

* * * * *


 

In the main hall the six men were resting and goofing around with each other. It had been almost an hour since the girls had left them there, waiting for their return, and they were bored out of their minds. While Gikwang and Dongwoon decided to spar, without using their abilities, Junhyung and Yoseob were in their own mind game. Yoseob was using spells to strain Junhyung’s ability who wanted to transform himself into a cat.

 

Soon enough all of them gave up and decided to rest. Junhyung had a headache since Yoseob’s seal was too strong this time, while Gikwang and Dongwoon both were sore, because of the new bruises. Gikwang had been smacked pretty hard against the wall and Dongwoon had almost broken his arm while trying to punch Gikwang without using his gravity manipulation. His punch was too strong and he had tried to change his direction, resulting into his collision with a statue.

 

The poor man got to his feet as he rubbed his sore back. Gikwang was lying on the floor, while Junhyung and Yoseob rested against the wall. Doojoon had decided to take a short nap, while Hyunseung had been awake and was still silently seated in the chair he had occupied for the past hours. A short silence had fallen, as the fights and talking had stopped. Right at that moment, they heard girls talking and their voices became louder and louder.

 

The first to look up was Hyunseung. He nudged Doojoon to wake up when he saw their entrance. Baeri and Chaima were walking on each side of the wheelchair while Hongjung pushed it. The girl in the wheelchair was tracing the flower pattern on the hem of her white dress with a smile and a soft frown. Her other hand was on her neckline and tugged it. The dress had sleeves until below her elbows and a round neckline with a royal blue ribbon.

 

“Sorry for the wait, dimwits. But we’re done.” Baeri let them know in a light shout.

 

Gikwang jerked on his feet and soon enough all the men were standing. Hongjung pushed the girl to them, while she was occupied with the fabric that embraced her body. Chaima sat on the chair she had taken moments ago, while she took a bite out of her apple. She watched the boys stare in awe at the makeover the girls had given the newcomer with a satisfied grin.

 

Soon enough the dark haired girl noticed their intense stares at her and looked up at them. She met their eyes one by one, with her usual blank expression. Her eyes seemed distant for a while and a silence fell. Baeri glanced at Hongjung in confusion who met her eyes with a small smile and nod. After a short moment, the girl in the wheelchair blinked several times as she finally locked eyes with Hyunseung who got on his knees in front of her.

 

“You look cute.” He told her with a smile.

 

His right hand moved up and her eyes followed every movement it made cautiously. She didn’t actually know what to expect, so she simply waited. She was always supposed to wait. Seconds later the hand landed softly on top of her head and her eyes were only able to see his wrist. The brown orbs moved again seeking Hyunseung’s eyes again. When they locked, she could see his smile. The smile that reached his eyes and somehow, made her feel comfortable.

 

She wasn’t able to understand this feeling very well, but she knew that it somehow felt good. It somehow made a smile grace her face in response as the hand moved on top of her head and soon her eyes squinted as well into an eye smile that radiated pure innocence and glee. She felt warm inside, which she didn’t really understand, but it radiated from her making the bystanders feel the same. It was odd, but it felt so right.

 

The moment was ruined though, when a certain pyrokinetic dragon bearer decided to point out something everyone had seemed to have missed.

“Oh yeah. Hyunseung-ah, I never knew you were a ert. On top of that a e.” She mocked as she bit into her apple.

 

The brunnette gazed at him with a rather sly grin. The hall became silent for a few seconds, the silence before the storm. Everyone present knew that Hyunseung wasn’t one to take jokes like that. Especially not at this moment. A gasp escaped Yoseob’s lips when he saw a knife being thrown at a speed that only made a blur in his vision. The knife flew past Chaima’s head to her left, inches away from her.

 

The coy grin however, never left her expression as Hyunseung locked eyes with her, to give the girl, who took another bite of her green apple, a glare. If eyes could kill, she’d be ripped in shreds. However, Chaima could care less about his meaningless glare. She knew he wouldn’t hurt her for something like that. The knife throwing was just an empty threat, a warning, but he wouldn’t hurt a friend, never. Chaima gladly abused that way of thinking and with it.

 

Beside Hyunseung another figure appeared, to interrupt the cold atmosphere. It was Gikwang. He as well got on his knees to match his eye level with the girl's. The boy held out his hand and the girl stared for a while. She had seen this before and her blinking was the sign that she remembered the experience. Hyunseung had offered her a hand, before he had taken her with him and she had taken the hand at that time. She was supposed to take this man’s hand, wasn’t she? After hesitating for a moment she placed her hand on top of Gikwang’s, who in return grinned.

 

“From now on, you’re Paro.” He told her.

The girl stared at him for a moment, trying to take in his words. After a moment of silence and no blinking, Gikwang pointed at her with his free hand.

“Paro,” He repeated and then pointed at himself. “Gikwang.”

Another moment of silence fell, without her blinking. Gikwang decided to repeat it again. After three tries, he saw her blinking so he stopped. The girl raised her hand and pointed at herself, the same way he had done.

“Pa… ro.” She mouthed hesitantly, but brightened up when she was met with Gikwang’s smile and nod. “Paro!” She repeated with more security. Again the boy nodded.

“Paro,” He confirmed and pointed at her.

 

They all watched her beam and repeat her own name. It was their first time to actually hear her speak. Their gazes softened as they watched her. One by one, the males confirmed her name as they pointed at her. Baeri, Chaima and Hongjung joined in as well. The scene was heartwarming as the girl smiled genuinely, her voice was gentle, filled with innocence and curiosity and unlike her eyes it expressed the little emotion she felt. She was by all means endearing and they all realised that they started to adore her.

 

* * * * *

 

The sun started to rise and the dark sky started to fade as the orange rose from the east. It was already 6 am in the morning and a single figure could be found on top of the large building, leaning against the metal fence, that kept her from pummeling to the ground. Her brown wavy locks fell to the sides of her face as the wind played with them. A sigh escaped her lips as she gazed up at the sky.

 

Soon enough she was joined by the shorter, dark haired girl whom she easily called her best friend. She as well leaned against the fence, but unlike the brunette, with her back. The girl side glanced at her friend, whom seemed deep in thought. She didn’t even know if she had noticed her arrival.

“What are you thinking about?” Baeri finally asked.

 

She noticed how Chaima startled a bit and glanced back at her for a moment, before she returned her gaze back to the orange glow that kept spreading. Baeri’s eyes were locked on her side profile as Chaima’s eyebrows furrowed and a frown found its way to her face. The brunette leaned back by pushing herself away from the fence until her arms were completely stretched. She inhaled deeply before she sighed out the excessive air from her lungs.

 

It’s just…” She paused for a moment and leaned back on the fence again, by folding her arms. “It could all be a plot, you know. They could use her as a spy to invade Cube or something… I just…

“Don’t want to see them hurt?” Baeri finished for her and received a judging look from Chaima.

Pfft. As if I care about that.” She firmly denied, but then let out a sigh.

Baeri smirked at her friend. “You’re a horrible liar. At least to me.” She mocked the taller girl. In return, the brunette glared at her friend, whom shrugged it off.

“I know what you mean though. And I’m sure they are prepared to end it, if she ever poses any danger.” Baeri then said. Her voice was low and her expression serious. “The question is… how will they take it?”

 

“I’m sure they will be fine. Not immediately, but as time passes. They know the risks, they’re not stupid.” They heard another voice from a distance.

Chaima turned around and Baeri lowered her eyes to meet Hongjung’s gaze. She smiled as usual. “Since those idiots are too kind for their own good, we should be the darker side, right? To watch their backs.”

 

Hongjung rarely spoke in a way she usually considered rude. She was well-mannered, graceful and gentle. Whenever she spoke like that though, she would be serious, prepared to sacrifice anything to protect those dear to her. And this was one of the moments she truly meant those words.

The three of them made a vow that night. If the girl ever posed a danger to the six idiots they treasured like brothers, they would end it by themselves, no matter how much they would come to love that girl. It was something they would take the responsibility for, even if it meant to be hated by the six males.


Author's note:

Back with another chapter ~ <3 All the fantasising about this fic, makes me sleep deprived OTL.

I know how it looks as if I'm pulling Hyunseung into all the scenes with Paro. There is a reason for that. It will be revealed in the story so patience please <3 ~

Enjoy reading~ 

The cameo's
Current list:
Rebecca: Done. 
- Esmee  Done.

Anyone else? ~ 
Don't forget to comment <3

Lots of love,

Saenan