Part Four: Friends? or Something Entirely More?

What is Love?

After what happened during the bus, Hyunseung and Hyuna began hanging out with each other after school. They could talk for hours about music, books, movies or anything that catch their interests. More importantly they secretly love to make fun of each other. They joke alot and tease each other about stupid little things. Hyunseung especially loves to tease Hyuna when he discovered she secretly loves to listen to idols, especially boy band BEAST, even though she lied that she doesn't even listen to anything remotely close to mainstream k-pop. 

After a couple of weeks, he introduced her to his friends, which took a lot of convicing on Hyunseung's part. Hyuna didn't want to merge herself into Hyunseung's world like she's something special. She knows what people think of her and being friends with Hyunseung would make things worse, to which Hyunseung thought to be the most stupidest thing he ever heard. He argued back, asking her what happened to that fierce girl he friended weeks ago, who didn't care what people think.

Hyunseung had to coax her into coming over to meet his friends. To him, his friends should be her friends. He noticed that Hyuna hasn't really made any friends at school and it wasn't like his friends are going to eat her alive. He told her. "They're nice people. You have already met Suzy and Yoseob so it isn't like you're alone. And you have me there to help you if you need it." The last part made Hyuna smiled. So she agreed.

Hyunseung's friends welcomed her warmly. Suzy was happy to have another girl to talk to, as she eyed Hyunseung with a smirky grin. Hyunseung, of course, thought Suzy was getting ahead of herself again and assuming things that aren't even there. Doojoon was ecastic to befriend Hyuna and tried not to make it obvious that he likes her, but failed to his friend's amusement. Hyuna didn't notice at all to Doojoon's version of flirting, which was frankly very awkward to watch as Junhyung mumbled to Hyunseung, who watched at a distance.

They were all at in Hyunseung's patio, drinking and laughing at random stories that Doojoon was telling. Hyuna watched with wide eyes, as she watched Hyunseung's interact with his friends. It's competely different to how he frankly act around school. The cold, rude jjang reputation didn't exist as she watched him joking around. She learned alot about Hyunseung and it made her happy that she decided to befriend him. 

"So can I ask you a painfully awkward question that you don't have to answer?" Suzy stated as she sat beside Hyuna, as the guys were inside, ordering foods.

Hyuna looked at Suzy. "Um...okay. I don't have to answer it if I don't want to, right?"

"Right!" Suzy smiled. Hyuna nodded. "Okay....um...so Hyunseung?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you like him? Romantically-speaking?" Hyuna looked at her, completely caught off-guard. Suzy laughed awkwardly. "Sorry. It's not my place to ask such a thing."

After a couple of moment of silence, Hyuna spoke. "It is obvious?" 

Suzy broke into a huge grin. "Omg." She squealed happily and quietly as she noticed Hyuna's panic expression when she squealed loudly. "Does he know...of course not. He's slow on these things."

"I can't tell him though." Hyuna said.

"Why not?" Suzy inquired. Hyuna didn't say a word, but Suzy could tell it has something to do with the rumors that are floating around in school. "He doesn't care about those things you know."

"That's because he doesn't know the truth. If he discovers the truth and he doesn't like it, he's just going to throw me away like everyone else." Hyuna looked over to where Hyunseung and the guys were at. "I don't think I can bear it if that happens."

"The Hyunseung that I know, wouldn't throw you away. Whatever the truth may be, Hyunseung doesn't toss away the people he cares about so easily. He tends to do the opposite. No matter what mistakes or horrors that we do...even if it hurts him in the process. He would never leave your side. That's how amazing Jang Hyunseung is. He's cold-hearted to some, but he's a teddy bear to us." Suzy answered. "You may be afraid to tell him....but don't be. I don't know if the rumors are true or not, but even if it is....it has nothing to do with you now. I really like you, Kim Hyuna and those rumors doesn't even come close to the person I'm speaking to now."

Hyuna looked at Suzy, completely moved by her words. "Thank you. I really like you too, Bae Suzy." The girls both smiled at each other. Hyunseung was watching Suzy and Hyuna talking through the windows and smiled, happy that Hyuna made a friend.

After the food was delivery, everyone gathered around the dining room table and began stuffing their mouth to the deliciousness of fried chicken. "This would be so good with soju." Junhyung mumbled through as he teared into his chicken.

"Hyunseung's mom would immediately kill us if she discovered that we drank soju under her roof." Doojoon stated, pouring coke-cola into his glass.

"If you want soju, go eat at home then." Hyunseung retorted, taking away the chicken in front of Junhyung..

"I'm just saying this would be perfect with soju! Geez..." Junhyung said, as he dragged back the chicken back to his side to which Hyunseung grabbed back, causing a food fight to occur among the four boys.

"Are they always like this?" Hyuna asked Suzy, who was beside her. "Always and this is actually a good day." She replied with a smile. "By the way, welcome to our little group of crazies. Hopefully, we didn't scare you that much."

"Not at all. This is completely where I want to be right now." Hyuna said, as she glanced over to Hyunseung with a huge grin.


"So who's going to the party tonight?" Junhyung asked, as it was time to leave Hyunseung's house. It was almost nine o'clock. "Yoseob? Hyunseung?"

"Sorry, Junhyung. Suzy and I are going to spend the rest of the night together since we won't see each other for the next two days when she's visiting her grandmother in Jeju Island." Yoseob replied.

"Geez, spare me the details." Junhyung, then looked at Hyunseung with puppy eyes. 

"No. I don't feel like going to a party, especially if it's hers."

"Come on! It will be awesome! We can meet some hot girls and probably get laid tonight...or do you have other plans?" Junhyung stated, eyeing Hyuna, who was talking to Suzy and Doojoon in the other room.

"What do you mean?" Hyunseung asked, being completely obvious to what his friend was applying. Both Junhyung and Yoseob looked at each other and eyed Hyunseung again, signaling that he and Hyuna are definitely in a "some" relationship. "What? No, we are just friends." He retorted.

"You guys are definitely not friends....I mean tonight you introduced her to us, hoping that we like her."

"Yes, because she hasn't really made any friend at school yet so I thought you guys can be her friends. I mean Doojoon likes her."

"Sorry, Hyunseung but Junhyung has a point. You seem to like Hyuna more than a friend. Trust me. The whole time you can't stop yourself from looking at her for more than a minute. You like her. A lot if I may add. And don't deny it either." 

Hyunseung looked at his two friends and thought they were crazy to suggest such a thing. Yes in the beginning he was intrigued by Hyuna. But now...they are just friends. "We're friends. Nothing more." He declared to them.

"Whatever you said, man." Junhyung said, placing a hand of his shoulder, before declaring he was leaving to the others.

Yoseob looked at Hyunseung. "I hope you realize your feeling soon, Hyunseung...otherwise, you might missed your opportunity." Hyunseung watched Yoseob glanced over back to where Doojoon and Hyuna were at. Doojoon was telling Hyuna something and it made her laugh, a lot. Doojoon let out his infamous goofy grin as Hyuna laughed and playfully banter with him.

Hyunseung watched the two of them and it made him feel miserable. Was his friends right? Do he likes Hyuna more than he lead on believe?