Chapter 2 (Part II)

I hear your voice

 

 

 

 

Aerin sat on a chair, and in front of her now the doctor busy with the audiometer. Doctor turn his head to see Aerin and smile.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Doctor talk to her with a slow tempo and loud voice. He is also make his lips movement bolder. Aerin just look at him with blank expression. It seems like Aerin can't hear what he said or can't understand what is he doing.

Jiyong look at his wife beside him who now seems don't want to see their daughter. She still can't face the truth. Jiyong hold her hand tightly.

"Honey..." Jiyong said gently hope Chaerin will calm down and turn her head to see their daugther. But she still look away. Then Jiyong sigh and look at Aerin and the doctor again.

Doctor now make Aerin wearing a headphone and he start the test with the audiometer. After like 20 minutes, the doctor stop the audiometer

"Its done Aerin-ah.." The doctor said then move to his chair in front of the parents.

Jiyong take Aerin to his lap before talking to the doctor, "So how about her condition?"

"Before I tell you about her condition, can I ask some questions about Mrs. Kwon during the pregnancy and when you gave birth Aerin?"

Jiyong look at Chaerin, then Chaerin answer the doctor, "What's that, doc?"

"When she was in your womb, is there something happened to you? I mean, maybe you sick or do you have any genetic disease?

Chaerin shook her head, "I dont think so."

"Are you drink alcohol or smoking during pregnancy?"

Chaerin shook her head again, "I never drink or smoking. My husband also never smoking at home or near me during the pregnancy."

Jiyong nodded.

Chaerin's answer make the doctor frowned, "Hmmm.. Did you never got fever or flu?"

Chaerin take a pause for awhile, thinking, "Hmm.. I think I once got fever when my pregnancy reach 7th month. But its not a bad one. I've recovered after two days."

"Did you drink some medication that time?"

Chaerin shook her head again, "No, my mom said not to drink any medication without doctor's advice."

"You didn't go to doctor?"

Again, Chaerin shook her head, "I thought my fever is not that bad that time, so I didn't go to doctor.  I thought I will recovered after take a rest one or two days. And I was right, after two days, I recovered already."

"Is there anything else happened to you that time?" 

Chaerin take a pause again. Now a bit longer. She even bit her lower lip.

"Chaerin, just tell the doctor everything." Jiyong's soft voice appearing in her ears.

Chaerin sigh then start talking again, "Honestly, when I got fever that time, there are some red spots on my body, but its gone after two days too."

Jiyong look at her unbelievable, "Why dont you tell me that time?"

"You were busy in tour, I don't wanna burden you..."

"You are never a burden for me!" Jiyong cutted her.

Chaerin look at her husband then look down, "Its gone after two days, so I thought everything would be just fine." Chaerin look at the doctor again, "is that something related with what happened to Aerin now?"

"That can be related. Fever and the red spots on your body can be mean you were suffered Rubbella Virus that time. I know some case about pregnant moms who suffered Rubbella Virus. Most of them should to face the truth that their children suffered disabilities. Some of then even lost their baby. About you and Aerin, probably got in the same case as one of them."

Chaerin and Jiyong keep silent listen to what the doctor said. Chaerin more looked like surprised.

"Is there something happened when you delivered her?"

Chaerin look down, "I-I..was bleeding when I delivered her. After I gave birth her, doctor removed my womb."

The doctor take a deep breath slowly, "I'm sorry for that, Mrs. Kwon." Doctor said, "But we cant turn back time, and what we can do know is to help Aerin."

Jiyong sigh, "But what we can do, doc? Frankly say, we know nothing about this case."

Doctor nodded, "I will explain all to you about what happened to Aerin now. Aerin suffered Severe Hearing Impairment, it means Aerin can only hear a sound with intensity 65-95 dB. For some deaf people who already have lexicon, they can still understand what we said to them if we say it slowly and with loud voice. But in Aerin's case, she is being deaf since she was born, Aerin have no lexicon for her to understand us because she used to hear nothing since she was born. Thats why she can't understand what people said even if she can hear us for a litle. So Aerin need a hearing aid. And I hardly suggest you to give Aerin extra care. She need you both to teach her many vocabularies in daily life because Aerin really can't understand anything now. You need to teach her such like what is table? Chair? Appa? Omma? Even her own name."

Jiyong look down then look at Aerin. He is so stress, but he need to be strong in front of his family. In his mind now is only how to teach Aerin? He know nothing about this. He look at Chaerin who now look down. Jiyong know it for sure, its so hard for Chaerin. Its hard for them.

Then the doctor speak again, "Don't worry, Mr. Kwon. Now, there are some good school for deaf kids and many good teachers too. You can hire one to teach Aerin personally. Aerin is only two years now, so its not late to start to teach her. And with help of hearing aid, it'll make her learn faster."

Jiyong look at Chaerin again but Chaerin still all silent. Then Jiyong sigh, "When will Aerin can get the hearing aid, doc?"

"To get a hearing aid honestly you can simply buy it now here, but Aerin's ears are still so small so you should to order it first and it'll done in a week."

Jiyong sigh then just nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They are walkout from the doctor room and walk to their car with Aerin in Jiyong's arms.

"Give me the key, I will driving." Chaerin said.

Jiyong frowned, "why?"

"Just give me the key. You sit on the back seat with Aerin." Chaerin sounds a bit annoyed.

Jiyong want to ask her more but looking at her annoyed face, Jiyong want to try to avoid fight with her more so he give her the key, "Drive safely, okay?"

Ignoring Jiyong, Chaerin walk first to their car.

In their car, Jiyong sit on back seat with Aerin on his lap and wear the seatbelt together.

Chaerin look at them from the mirror and suddenly turn the radio on with high volume, make Jiyong close his ears and yelled to her.

"Baby, turn down the volume!"

"Why? We need to make Aerin hear it too right?" Chaerin yelled back and suddely drive the car fast.

"Chaerin, turn off the radio and drive slower! Why you drive like a mad person!?"

Chaerin ignoring him and keep driving fast. Jiyong also feel annoyed with her sudden attitude, "Chaerin!!" He called her again but she keep ignoring him. Jiyong fist his hand madly, but he cant do anything because do something now will just make situation uglier.

Aerin starting crying scared of the car speed. Jiyong hugged her tightly and said in her ear that everything will be okay. Jiyong know that Aerin probably wont hear that, but Jiyong will keep doing that. Dont know if its because of the whisper in her ear or the hug from her father, Aerin slowly stop crying. Not so long the car stop, they are now already in front of their apartment building. Chaerin get out from the car and close the door roughly.

Jiyong look at her walk into the building. He sigh and throw his head back lean on the seat, "God... I will never let her drive ever again!"

He get out from the car too with Aerin in his arms, give the key with valley and let them park the car for him cause he need to bring Aerin back to her room and of course, talk seriously to his wife.

 

 

 

 

 

 

******

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Hello, guys! I'm back! Sorry for didn't update for century. Sorry too now I can only give you a short update. I was busy with college & holiday before. Thanks for you all who are still waiting for my update. I really am love and miss you all! Now, I will try my best to continue all of my story. Leave some comment about the story and dont forget to subscribe, thank you so much~ <3