Chapter 1

I hear your voice

 

 

 

 

"U-unnie... Unnie.. There's something weird happened to Aerin. She didn't respond to my call. Even when I tried to get her attetion with burst the balloon, she didn't even make a single move. Unnie..."

Chaerin walk fast to her daugther and take Aerin to her arms, "Aerin-ah, you okay?" She cupped her daugther's cheek.

Aerin just smile to her mom. Chaerin smile to her too.

"Unnie, I think we need to observasion Aerin. Something weird happened to her."

"Harin, there's nothing weird. She is fine."

"Unnie, its not fine when she is not respond to us. She is already 2 years but she is not even say a single word like 'mom' or something. Unnie..."

"You are just too worry about, Harin-ah. Maybe its just her communication skill grow lately. Its normal for babies sometimes."

"I dont think its normal, unnie. But well, ok, maybe she is really fine, but I think we are still need to do the observasion. We wont know if maybe there's something happened to her ears. Or maybe... She is... Autism?"

Chaerin gasp, "Autism!? Harin, stop talking non sense! She is fine!"

"Unnie..."

"HARIN STOP!! If you keep talking non sense, you better back to family house!" Their parents live in Paris. They have no house anymore in Korea. Harin also take study in China. They are only have a family house in Gangnam distric that always they use if one if their big family member have an event or just want to pay visit.

Harin didn't respond to her sister. She is still sure there is something happened to Aerin. But what can she do? The mom of the baby won't hear.

"I'm sorry, unnie." Then Harin walkout from her sister's home.

"Harin..." Chaerin trying to call her sister but Harin already behind the main door.

Chaerin sigh then look at her daughter in her arms. Chaerin thinking about what Harin said to her. But then she shook her head immeditelly, "No, no. Aerin is fine!" Chaerin try to keep positive thinking.

Chaerin then place her daughter back to her room and let her sit on the floor where her toys placed, "Aerin-an, be good, okay? Mom will cooking now." Chaerin said to Aerin but Aerin busy with her other toys. Chaerin just sigh and walkout from Aerin's room. Chaerin sit on the sofa in living room. She is just silent without doing anything. Well, she is thinking. Chaerin look at their home's phone. After 10 minutes thinking, Chaerin finally take their home's phone and dialing her husband number. Its busy. Chaerin waiting for a while. After 5 minutes, she call him again. After a few times tones, Jiyong finally answer the call.

"Oppa?"

"Yes, baby?" Jiyong sounds not really exited receive call from his wife.

"Hmm... Why? You sounds not good."

"Ah? Enngg, no. I'm fine. Its just, we are just finish some stuff, I'm just... tired."

"Ah... Am I disturbing your time?" Chaerin bite her lower lip. He is her husband, but still, Chaerin don't want to disturb his time. When he working or even rest.

"No, no. Of course it's okay. You can call me whenever you need. All my time for you. By the way, what happened, baby?"

"Ennng..." Chaerin is about to say something but then she canceled it, "Ani, I just want to checking you. Have you eating?"

"Hmm, just now. You? How about Aerin? Is she okay?"

Hearing his question, Chaerin take a pause for a while, "Yes... Everything is okay here. You will comeback tomorrow, right?"

"Are you sure? Everything is really okay? There is nothing you want to tell me?" Jiyong asked her make her frowned.

Chaerin take a pause again, thinking. But then Chaerin shook her head again, "Yes, everything is just fine."

Chaerin can hear Jiyong sigh, "Good then. I will take a flight right after our concert done here. Maybe I will be in Seoul in the morning. Maybe 4 or 5 in the morning."

"Oh? Aren't you guys will going to Fashion Week there first before comeback tomorrow?"

"Let the others come to the fashion week, I will just come home to you and Aerin."

"Why?"

"You don't like it if I miss my family?"

Chaerin chuckled, "Of course, I love it. We miss you too. Take care, kay? I will make you your favorite food once you back home."

"Thank you, sweetheart. Well, they call me already. I need to end the call now. If there's something happened, call me, okay? I love you~"

"I love you too, oppa." Then they cutted the line.

Chaerin release a heavy breathe then walking to the kitchen again. She decided to not be overthinking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the other hands. Jiyong is still sat on his chair at the dressing room and looking at his reflection on the mirror in front of him. He just lied to his wife. No one called him when they are talking on the phone. The rehearsal already ended and they have their free time now.

Its just him, who want to cutted the line. Its not like he don't want to hear his wife's lovely voice. He love that. He miss that everytime! But, its just he is now confused about what to do.

Just now, before his wife called him. His sister in law called him. She told him something that make him worried much.

 

 

"Oppa, are you busy?" Harin on the other line.

"Oh, Harin-ah? No, just finish the rehearsal for our show. I'm about to call your sister but you call me first. What happened, Harin-ah? Is there something happened to Chaerin or Aerin?"

"Ani, nothing. I mean... Well, there is something I want to tell you. But its not that urgent... Ani, its maybe urgent. Aigoo... What should I say?" Harin sounds mumble at the end of her words.

It make Jiyong starting to panic, "Harin-ah..." Jiyong call her name, Jiyong also try to calm his self down, "I'm not busy now, I have time, just tell me what happened, okay?"

Harin take a pause for a while, "Hmmm... Oppa, I think... something is happening to Aerin. She do not responding to my calls. She is not even responding when I burst a balloon near her ears."

"...."

"Oppa? Are you still there?"

"Yeah, yeah, just continue your words."

Harin sigh, "Oppa, I tried to tell Chaerin unnie but she don't want to believe me. She was mad and judge me talking non sense. Oppa, really, its not like I want something bad happening to Aerin. I... I'm worried as well. Oppa, I have a friend who taking Education For Kids With Special Needs majors, I often talk to her about her majors. She usually handle kids with special needs like the blind kids, deaf, autism, and kids with others disabilities. I remember she said to me once that if a kid do not say anything when she or he is already 2 year, its not normal. I... I think... we need to do observasion to Aerin before its too late, oppa."

"A-are you sure about it? I mean..." Jiyong sigh, "Well, okay. I will back home as soon as possible and talk to Chaerin."

"Chaerin unnie seems don't want to accept anything bad about Aerin. I mean, maybe she is afraid to face the truth. You know... Aerin is her only child so..." Harin stop for a while, its like she try to hold her tears. But then she speak again, "Oppa, please... I hope you can be strong with whatever the result later. They need you the most. Please, take a good care of the both of them. They are so fragile. Unnie... She is so fragile. I can feel that, I know that. So please oppa...." It seems like Harin's tears already broke. Jiyong can hear Harin sobbing.

Jiyong also try to calm his self down then he take a deep breathe and release it, "Harin... Don't worry. No matter what happen. I will always stay strong and standing for my family. No matter what. So don't worry about that. I will talk to you later once we meet in Seoul, kay?"

"Ok, oppa. But... When will you back to Seoul? Can we talk first before you back home? Just for a while."

"Ok, we will meet once I touch down in Seoul before I'm going home."

"Ok, oppa. I hang up now. Take care of yourself too."

 

 

 

 

Harin's words keep running in his mind. He know that Harin will never talk non sense. But why his wife don't want to listen to her sister? And why Chaerin sounds weird when they are talking in the phone. He wanted Chaerin to tell him anything about that. But she didn't. Is she really afraid?

But after all, Jiyong upset with his self. How could he didn't notice anything about Aerin? Why he didn't took care much of his one and only daugther? How could he had been that careless? What kind of father and husband he is!

Jiyong don't know what to do now. He need to make sure about Aerin first with his own self. Yeah, he need to back home as soon as possible. He need to make sure what to do.

Jiyong sigh, "God, what else it of? ....."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong is now in their home already. Its still early in the morning when he got into their home and saw his wife and their lovely daugther still asleep in the master room. Yeah, Aerin sleep beside Chaerin.

Jiyong let them sleep still then decided to sat in the sofa at living room.

Like what Jiyong said to Harin on the phone, they met before Jiyong going home. Harin pick Jiyong up at the airport and they are talk at the airport lounge. They didn't talk about anything else. Just the same like what they talked about on the phone. About Aerin.

Today, Harin and Jiyong have a plan for Aerin. Ready or not, Jiyong need to make sure what happened to Aerin. So, Harin will bring her friend who maybe know about Aerin's case to do observasion to Aerin today at their home. But knowing Chaerin, it seems better if she don't know about it now. If they know what happened to Aerin already, they will talk to Chaerin. Chaerin need to face the truth after all.

Suddenly a pair of arms hugged Jiyong from behind. He know who is it already. He can feel her warm.

Jiyong touch the arm and he can feel her head on his shoulder, "You wakeup already?"

Chaerin nodded, "You comeback already?"

"Yeah, I'm here." Jiyong release the hug then lead her to sit on his lap. Now, he is the one hug her from behind. She lean her head on his shoulder again.

Jiyong kiss her face then her hair then her neck, he can feel her scent. How much he love this woman on her lap, no one can describe it. He love her too much.

"You bring something for me and Aerin?" Chaerin asked randomly.

"Aigooo, I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm forget. I want to comeback soon and I'm forget to buy you something. Sorry."

Chaerin chuckled, "Its okay, oppa. At least you forget it because you remember us so much. So its okay. Kkkkk~"

Jiyong smile a little then hug her tighter, "Baby, since I'm forget to buy you something there, how about go shopping together today? I'll buy you everything you want."

"Well, you always do that. You bought me everything even since we were not married yet."

Jiyong chuckled, "Thats because mine is yours." Jiyong her waist, "Anyway, lets just go shopping today."

"Well, I need to prepare everything for Aerin then. We need to bring some stuff for Aerin."

Jiyong take a pause for a while, "Hmmm... Baby, I want it just the two of us. Its been long since the last time we have time to be alone. Lets say, I ask you date now."

"Aigoo, oppa we are not teenagers anymore."

Jiyong chuckled, "Why? I'm forever young, remember? Kkkk~"

"Oppa, you sounds like ert ahjussi now."

"And you are a y ahjumma. Kkkk~"

"Omo, you are so cheesy!"

"Hey, but you love the cheesy me. Hahahaha~"

Chaerin close her face that become red now, "Aigoo, oppa stop that." Jiyong just laugh to see his wife feel shy then put his wife down from his lap to sit beside him on the sofa.

"I will ask you with teenagers style then." Jiyong stand up then standing in frot of Chaerin with his head look down. His hands behind his back. And do not forget the gummy smile. Then he start to be cheesy.

"Ennggg, Chaelin-an... Oppa want to ask you out. Do you... Do you have time today?" He looked shy like a teenagers.

Seeing her husband like that Chaerin cant help but laughing. She remember the first time he asked her out. That time, they were still hiding behind bro-sis relationship. Well, they know they likes each other. They just had no commitment.

"Ok, ok, but how about Aerin? We will leave her in your parents' house?"

"Ah, enngg, no. We cant. Omma and appa are now go overseas for appa playing golf with her friends too."

Chaerin frowned, "Really? But ommani didn't say anything about going overseas."

Jiyong shrug, "Maybe they are just forget."

Chaerin take a pause for a while but the she also shrug.

"Why not just leave Aerin to Harin? She is in Seoul, right?"

"Yeah, she was actually wanted to sleep over here, but she leave yesterday."

Jiyong frowned, "Why?"

Chaerin sigh then shrug, "I will call her later so she will come and take care of Aerin then."

Jiyong just nodded and smile, then he lead his wife's body to lean on his.

"I hope everything will be just okay...." Jiyong thought.