Chapter 2 (Part I)

I hear your voice

 

 

 

 

Chaerin and Jiyong are ready to go when Harin come and rang the bell. Jiyong open the door for her and let her in. Chaerin, with Aerin in her arms, just out from Aerin's room and meet Harin in the living room.

"Aerin-ah..." Harin called Aerin and spread her arms to get Aerin in her arms. Chaerin give Aerin to Harin.

"Harin-ah, I put everything Aerin need on the table in her room. I put an instruction how to making her milk on refrigerator door. Remember, use boiling water! Don't use water from dispenser! Boiling water will kill the germs. Wash the bottle with boiling water first before you make the milk in the bottle. Before you give the milk to Aerin, make sure it cool down first. And the diapers..."

"Baby..." Jiyong cut Chaerin's word and link his arms at her waist, "We will just go shopping. We wont go for long." Jiyong talk sweetly to his wife.

Chaerin sigh then smile to him. Chaerin look at Harin and Aerin again. Chaerin Aerin hair, "Harin, please take care of Aerin. We wont go for long. And..."

"Ne, unnie, I know." Harin cutted her and use her free hand to push Chaerin and Jiyong out from the living room, "Go, go, go. If you guys don't go now, you will back home lately."

Harin and Aerin acompanny Chaerin and Jiyong to the main door and make Aerin wave her hand to her parents. Then the parents gone behind that elevator.

Harin take a pause for a while, sigh, the look at her niece in her arms. Harin Aerin's hair lovely, "Whatever happened to you, you'll be okay, Aerin-ah.. You'll be okay." Harin look at Aerin in her arms who now busy with her Rilakkuma doll.

Harin bring Aerin to the living room again when suddenly someone ring the bell, "Ah, maybe its her!" Harin put Aerin on the sofa and run to open the main door. Harin smile widely when she look at who's coming, "Michelle!"

"Harin!" They call each other name at the same time. Then the hugged each other.

"Long time no see, Michelle." Harin said to her.

"Yes, I think its about a year or two? I miss you so much!"

"Me too! Lets go inside." Harin asked her friend to go inside.

"How's your study in Hongkong, Harin?" Michelle asked.

"Its fine. Everything is good. By the way, how about you? What are you doing these day?"

"Well, I'm still focus with my study and  sometime teaching kids with special needs in Seoul Hospital, and also in a school for deaf kids."

"Oh, you also in hospital?"

"Well, just for friday morning. I usually come to teach handicapped kids with their motor nerves. You know, voluntarily." Michelle smile, "But for majority, I'm now focus with deaf kids."

"Sounds cool! Michelle, you are really an angel. You'll spend your life for helping them."

Michelle chuckled, "No, Harin. Its not that much. I just like to doing this. Its fun for me to meet them and playing with them. Its not something that I can say I help them. But its more like they help me. They help me to realize how lucky I am to have a complete body. They help me to be closer to God. They should be the one you called as angels." Michelle smile and look around, "So, where's the angel that you told me before? I want to see her."

Harin smile, "Here, this way..." Harin lead Michelle to meet Aerin. They are entering the living room and they look at the little figure playing with her doll on the sofa.

Michelle come closer to her and her back, "Hello, angel. Nice to meet you..." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oppa, look at this! Is it good?" Chaerin asked Jiyong with a black dress in the hand.

Jiyong look at the dress then to his wife, "Why not you try that so I can see is it good on your body." Jiyong place his hand on her waist and it gently.

Chaerin chuckled, "Ok, I will change now." Chaerin is about to go to dressing room but Jiyong hold her waist.

"Need some help?" Jiyong smile seductive.

Chaerin look at Jiyong unbelievable, "Oppa! Its public place. How could you...." Chaerin whispering and look around. She pat his chest gently, "Yah, just wait here!" Chaerin release herself from him then run to the dressing room. Jiyong just chuckled to her his wife's cheeks got burned.

Jiyong is waiting for his wife and starting to look at some stuff that maybe fit him. But suddenly, image of his only daughter come into his mind. Jiyong sigh then thinking. He look at the dressing room, "Hmmm... I will just ask if everything is okay then hang up." Jiyong mumble. Then he take his phone from his pocket then dialing Harin's number. After a few tones, Harin pick her phone up.

"Hello, oppa?"

"Ah, Harin. Is your friend found out about Aerin already?" Jiyong straight to the point.

"Hmmm..." Harin take a pause for a while, "Yes, I think. She need talk to you, oppa."

"Ok, I will talk to her. Can she wait for me a little bit longer and some where? I need to make sure Chaerin don't know about this for now...." Jiyong keep talking to Harin on the phone and suddenly.....

"What's that I shouldn't know about, oppa?"

Jiyong's heart stop beating....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Harin look at Michelle who know try to talk to Aerin. Michelle keep making her voice loader and make her lips movement bolder. Michelle told Harin already about what is maybe happening to Aerin. Harin try to stay calm when she heard that, but she don't know what to do. Michelle said, she need to talk to the mom, so they can get to know what is the reason of why this happened to Aerin. Only Chaerin who can answer all of the question so they can start to help Aerin. But how? How to tell Chaerin? The image of how hurt Chaerin could be if she found out about Aerin's condition already hurt Harin's heart as well. How could this happening to her sister? In Harin's eyes, her sister is an angel alive! Chaerin is a kind and heart-warming person. What sin that she did to received that from God? She never hurt anyone's feeling. She never had enemies. She is always care to the others. Why? Why it should be her? First, she need to kiss her chance to get her second baby bye when doctor need to remove her womb from her body. And now this, she need to face the truth that her one and only daughter is.........

 

BRAAAAKKKK!!!  sound of someone broke into the main door.

"Aerin!!" Harin open her eyes widely when she recognize that voice. Her sister's voice.

"Unnie!?" Harin said surprisedly when she look at her sister straight in front of her.

"Where's Aerin!?" Chaerin said impatiently.

Harin don't know what to say. She look at her brother in law beside Chaerin.

"Baby, please don't be like this. We can talk with cool-headed." Jiyong try to calm his wife down.

"Cool-headed!? You lied to me and now you tell me we can talk with cool-headed!?" Chaerin yelled to Jiyong then look at Harin again, "Harin, where is Aerin!?!?" Chaerin yelled loader to Harin.

Suddenly Michelle come out from Aerin's room with Aerin in her arms. Chaerin look at them and immediately come to their direction and take Aerin away from Michelle, "Who the hell are you!?!? Who told you, you can touch my baby!?" Chaerin yelled to Michelle and hugged Aerin's in her arms like she is afraid someone try to kidnap her.

Jiyong come closer to Chaerin, "Baby, calm down. She is not bad person. She is here to help us." Jiyong try to hug Chaerin but Chaerin push him hard.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!" Chaerin yelled hysterically.

Harin in the other hand can't hold her tears anymore to see her sister in this state. Never in her life she saw her sister this scared, this fragile.

"Chaerin-sshi, I came here to help Aerin. I hope you can be coorperate so we can help her."

"Who told you Aerin need your help?! Aerin is fine!! There is nothing wrong with her!!" Chaerin keep hugging Aerin tightly.

"Chaerin-sshi, there is something wrong with Aerin's ears and we need to find out the reason why. Only you know the answer. Please, Chaerin-sshi, for Aerin's sake, we need to bring her to doctor."

"SHUT UP!!! STOP THIS NON SENSE!!! I TOLD YOU MY DAUGHTER IS FINE!! GET OUT FROM HERE!!!!" Chaerin push Michelle hard until Michelle fall on the floor.

"Michelle!" Harin run to Michelle and help her get up. Jiyong also come to her. But when Jiyong come to Michelle, Chaerin run into Aerin's room with Aerin in her arms and lock the door. Jiyong try to knocking the door even banging, but Chaerin refuse to open the door.

"Chaerin please... Chaerin we can talk about this for good. Chaerin please open the door." Jiyong keep begging but Chaerin won't hear him. Jiyong give in and sigh. Then Jiyong turn his body and look at Michelle.

"Sorry for her action. Are you okay?" Jiyong asked Michelle.

Michelle nodded, "I'm okay, Mr. Kwon. Its obviously your wife is the one not fine right now. I'm sorry if my appearance make her feel uncomfortable."

"Ah, no, no, it's me who should feel sorry to you. I asked Harin to bring you here and see Aerin's condition cause we have no idea of that. So... What are you found out about Aerin? Ah, by the way please take a sit first." Jiyong please Michelle to sit on the sofa.

"Mr. Kwon, before I tell you what is maybe happening to Aerin, I need to tell you that I'm a teacher-to-be, not a doctor-to-be. I can't do the judgement cause it should be the doctor's part to speak. I can't tell you what is happening to Aerin from the medical area. I can only tell you from the education area. So I highly recommend you to bring Aerin to doctor so we can get to know what should we do to Aerin."

Jiyong release a heavy breathe, "Yeah, I know. Please just tell me what you found?"

"Well, what I found after I did observation to Aerin is... Aerin is not an Autism kid. She got the eye-contact and she can recognize people's appearance. So I think, its something happened to her ears. She can't hear anything around her. But when I tried to make my voice loader, I think she can a little bit hear me." Michelle take a pause for a while, "Mr. Kwon, there is a medial devices called Audiometer. That device can help us to know how far Aerin can hear any voice. There is also device to help people to listen, but I can't really tell you how it works, so you need to bring Aerin to doctor. But before that all, I need to know this first, do you think there is something weird happened to your wife before she gave birth Aerin?"

"Weird?" Jiyong frowned, "I don't think there is something weird... But... But I don't know. I mean, I... I asked her what she felt. I..I mean, I think everything was right before. She was always told that she is fine... So I trust her.... A-and......."

"Are you really sure she was fine? I mean, you know Chaerin unnie. She is the typical wife who won't disturbing her husband or make her husband worried. You shouldn't just asked her. You should make sure about that with yourself!" Harin cutted his words and she don't know why she can't control her anger.

Michelle hold Harin's hand and try to calm her down. Jiyong look at Harin then look down. He know that this is his fault because he was so careless. He should to keep watching his wife during her pregnacy. But he keep busy with his schedule and everything but her, he was not taking enough care of his wife.

"Harin... I'm sorry."

"Apologize to Chaerin unnie not me! You make her sad!" Harin yelled to Jiyong.

"Harin, this is not his fault at all. Calm yourself down!" Michelle said.

Harin look at Michelle, "You defend him and blame my sister then!?"

"No, definitelly not! Its just you shouldn't be angry to Mr. Kwon. In this state, he is the person who sad the most. Its his beloved daughter we are talking about. Its his beloved wife we are worry about. So you can't blame him just like that. In marriage life, its not just about your sister or him only, its about them both! She should to just told him straightly when she felt something wrong with her pregnacy."

Harin still silent. Michelle her back, "Harin, its not the time to blame anyone because of what happened to Aerin. What happened, was happened. You can't turn back time and fix everything. What we can do is now to help Aerin. But first of all, we need to help your sister. We need to ask her what happened to her when she was pregnant cause she is the only one who can tell us everything."

Harin sigh then look at her brother in law, "Oppa, mianhae..."

"No, you right, Harin-ah. I shouldn't have been that careless. I should to watch her more."

"Oppa, you heard what Michelle said? Its not the time to blame yourself. We need to make her speak. Or at least, we need make her agree to go to doctor."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong look at Harin. Harin look at Jiyong. Michelle is no where in the house now cause she was back already. Its now Jiyong and Harin left.

"Are you sure it'll work?" Harin asked Jiyong.

Jiyong nodded, "I know her so well, it will make her out from the room herself."

"Why not you try to talk to her first?"

"She won't hear. Or even worst, she won't release Aerin from her arms ever again. I know her, so just do it. I need to talk to her without Aerin around. Don't forget lock the door from outside."

Harin sigh then nodded, "Ok. Wish you luck."

Jiyong nodded then Harin take position and............

 

"OMG FIRE!!!! JIYONG OPPA FIRE!!!! OTTOKHE!!!!! AAAACCCCCCKKKK" PRANGGG!! PRANGGG!! Harin keep screaming and throw all the pan, pot, eveything in the kitchen. Harin run to Aerin's room and banging the door.

"UNNIE COME OUT!!! FIRE EVERYWHERE!!! UNNIE COME OUT!!!" Harin calling Chaerin out and Jiyong ring the fake fire alarm near Aerin's room. Suddenly....

"OPPA!!! WHERE'S THE FIRE!?!?!" Chaerin come out with Aerin in her arms. Chaerin is so scared and try to find Jiyong when suddenly a pair of strong arms hugged her from behind, "OPPA!!!" Chaerin yelled surprisedly.

Then all of sudden Harin come in front of her and take Aerin away from her arms. Harin close Aerin's eyes so she won't saw her parents in this state.

"YAH, KWON JIYONG!!! What are you doing!? Where's the fire!? You lied again!? Yah, let me go!!!" Chaerin try to release her body from Jiyong but he is so far stronger than her.

Jiyong pulled Chaerin into the room again, "Harin close the door and lock from outside!!" Jiyong said to Harin.

"YAH, KWON JIYONG WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! YAHH!! LET ME GO!!!" Chaerin keep trying, but she is now inside the room with Jiyong and Harin already locked the door from outside.

"Chaerin please calm down! Lets talk with cool-headed. Chaerin I said calm down!!" Jiyong keep trying to calm her down.

"YAAAHH!!! ANDWAE!!! AERIN-AH!!!!" Chaerin keep calling her daughter's name. Then with all her power, she push her husband hardly and make his forehead hit the sharp corner of a table and fall down on the floor.

Chaerin now banging the door and calling Harin out, "Harin open the door!!! Harin give my Aerin back to me!! Give my baby back to me!!! LEE HARIN!!!!"

Jiyong touch his forehead. His vision is a little blur now, but its still fine cause he is now can see blood in his hand after he touch his forehead. He is a little dizzy, but the image of his wife banging the door in front of him make his power back all of sudden. He need to stop her and try to talk to her.

When Jiyong about to pulled Chaerin again, there's a lock sound heard. It seem like Harin is about to open the door. But before the Chaerin can open the door wider, Jiyong come from behind and push the door again, "I SAID LOCK THE DOOR AND DON'T YOU DARE OPEN IT BEFORE I TELL YOU TO!!" Then he can hear Harin lock the door again immediately.

"WHAT THE... LEE HARIN OPEN THE DOOR!!! I SAID OPEN THE DOOR!!! GIVE ME BACK MY BABY!!" Chaerin banging on the door again and now she is more hyteriatical.

Jiyong hugged her from behind again and drag her away from the door, "KWON CHAERIN CALM DOWN!!" Jiyong hugged her stonger but she keep trying to release.

Chaerin keep screaming and trying to release from Jiyong, but suddenly she stop moving and be quite. Chaerin look at her husband's hand. She look at the blood. She looked surprised, "O-oppa... You bleeding!?" Then Chaerin turn her body and see fresh blook flow from her husband's forehead. Chaerin close , can't believe at what her see. She touch his face, "O-oppa.. Oppa you bleeding. O-oppa... Is it me made you like this? Oppa, I'm sorry. Is it hurt?" Chaerin looked so panic.

"No, I'm fine, baby. Now, will you calm down? We need talk."

"B-but, oppa... Your wound...."

"Its fine, baby. Its fine."

Chaerin hugged him, "Oppa, I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Chaerin starting to cry. Chaerin apologize to him and hugged him tightly.

Jiyong her hair, "I'm fine, baby. I'm fine, don't worry. Its nothing." Jiyong try to calm her down.

Chaerin remember something all of sudden, "Aerin!?" Chaerin is about to break the hug but Jiyong hold her tighter.

"Aerin is fine too! Aerin is fine, baby don't worry. Trust me Aerin is fine." Jiyong is now her back gently.

Chaerin, like she just wake up from nightmare, is now can be more calm than before. She can try to control herself. She take a deep breathe and release that.

"Chaerin... Aerin is fine. Aerin will always be fine. You trust me, right?" Jiyong asked her but she just silent. He can hear her try to control her breathe, "Aerin... She is now just need us to help her. She need us to be strong and protect her, give her everything she need."

Chaerin release the hug but now she didn't force it so Jiyong let her go. She don't make any move after release the hug. She just look at her husband.

Jiyong cupped her left cheek and it, "Baby, Aerin will be fine. That girl we meet outside before... She just want to help us, help Aerin."

"Oppa, what happened to Aerin? You said she is fine. Why is she need help?" Chaerin seemed still don't want to face the truth.

Jiyong take her hands in his and kiss them. Then he look at Chaerin's eyes, "Aerin will be fine if you can be stronger than this. I know its hard for you, its also hard for me to face the truth. But we need to, so we can help Aerin." Chaerin still silent and just look at Jiyong.

Jiyong sigh, "Chaerin... Aerin... She... She lost some of her hearing. Thats why she can't hear anything."

"Andwae!" Chaerin close her ears. She don't want to hear the truth.

Jiyong take her hand off of her ears, "Chaerin, listen to me!" Chaerin try to release her hand and keep shooking her head.

"Chaerin, there is still hopes for Aerin. There is a chance for her to be like a normal baby, but first you need to be strong! You need to be strong for her! She need us the most! Her parents! She need our support! Chaerin, please... We need to face the truth and help her."

Chaerin crying even more then hug her husband again, "From all the babies that born in this world, why Aerin, oppa? Why?! Why it should happened to our baby? WHY!? She is our one and only... why...???"

Jiyong can't answer her question. He just hugged her tight and her hair. He kiss her head and shoulder again and again, hope it will calm her down.

"Why, oppa? WHY!?" Chaerin keep crying. Jiyong can't hold his tears anymore so it broke and fall down from his eyes swiftly.

"Chaerin... Let's bring her to doctor. We need to at least trying. Everything for her, Chaerin. Let's give her our best. She need us..."

Jiyong her back again and again. A long enough pause between them until... Chaerin finally nodded.

..................

.......

....

..

.