TEASER

I hear your voice

 

 

 

Jiyong walkout from the doctor room weakly. He can't feel his knees anymore. He don't know how to keep calm again in front of his wife again after this. He is feeling like a useless one. Useless husband. He can't do anything for his family. For his beloved wife.

Walking at the corridor, Jiyong's eyes looked blank. Empty...

 

 

 

"Mr. Kwon, this is so hard for me to tell you this. But I should to."

"What is that, doc? Is there something bad happened to my wife or baby?"

"Honestly, your baby is fine so far. She is healthy and beautiful. But... She will be your ONLY daughter... I'm sorry, Mr. Kwon." The doctor tell him sadly. Its hard for him as the doctor to tell Jiyong the truth.

Jiyong don't what to say. But he need to know why... "B-but... But why, doc? Why?"

The doctor take a deep breathe first, "Mr. Kwon, as we all knew, your wife was bleeding before. And sadly, that caused by inner bleeding. There is a wound in her womb when her water broke. Its big enough and got worse when we tried to delivery your baby. We are sorry because we were too focus delivered your baby, so it was late when we notice the wound in your wife's womb. Its...already infection now."

Jiyong frozen on her seat. He can't hear anymore. He is too tired. What game that God playing with him now? 

"W-wha-what.. S-should I do.. Doc?" Jiyong can't feel the earth anymore.

"There is only one way to save your wife, sir. And before we do that, as her husband, we need you to sign the approval letter."

"A-approval letter? What's that only way you are talking about, doc?" Jiyong swallow his saliva.

"We have to do a hysterectomy. It means, we need to removing your wife's womb. Once again, I'm sorry, Mr.Kwon..."

 

 

 

Jiyong keep walking. Step by step he is getting near to his wife's room. As his step getting near to the room more hard he try to walk. Then when he is finally in front of the room, Jiyong stop. His eyes now teary. His heart beat even faster. It feel like will come out anytime soon. What should he do? How to tell his wife?

 

 

"We need to do it as soon as possible before it can be even worse, sir. This infection is so danger for your wife. She looked fine now because she is now still in   anesthesia effect. When the effect gone, it will caused pain for her. It can even caused death. Please sign the letter as soon as today, sir."

"B-but... But I need to talk to my wife first."

the doctor take a pause for a while, "But I hope I can get your sign as soon as possible, sir. We need to take her out from this situation."

 

 

 

 

The approval letter in now in his hand. Then with all his power he try to turn the knob door in front of him. He take a deep breathe before walking into the room. Then he is walking into the room and see his wife still on the same bed. Still with the same people in the room. But now there is one person new in the room. Someone in his wife's arms. Their baby...

Chaerin look at her husband who now just  standing without any single word. She smile happily to his husband.

"Oppa, come here, see our baby. My mom give me name suggestion. How about Kwon Ae Rin? Or Ji Rin?" She chuckled.

Jiyong can't help but his eyes become teary again. Her smile... How could he wakeup in the morning without that? Her warm heart, how could he walking into their home after work without that? Her appearance, how could he live without her? Seeing her happily with the baby in her arms, how could he take that away from her? Even worse, from his own life?

Then without any single word, Jiyong walkout from the room leaving people there confused and go to doctor's room again.

The doctor look at Jiyong. Jiyong take a pause for a awhile then,

 

"Do whatever you can to save my wife. I...I can't live without her........."