My Life

My Phoenix From Above

CHAPTER 1
My Life

 

“WAKE UP!!”

I was greeted by a stinging whip across my thighs at 6:00 on a Sunday morning.

“YOU GOT CHORES TO DO YOU USELESS PIECE OF !”

I quickly sat up and went on my knees to ask for forgiveness from the devil I live with....who is this devil you may ask....well, she is my aunt.

I am YoonHye, Choi YoonHye.
This is how I wake up every morning since I got here at the age of 15.
It has been two years and now I am a Junior in School of Performing Arts Seoul, or short SOPA.
My passion is to dance.....and that is actually the only source of happiness in my life, well other then my bestie Sara. She knows everything about me.....and by everything I really mean EVERYTHING.
Like the fact that I am severely abused at home by my aunt....and that the only reason why I have perfect grades is because I don’t want to get my aunt even more pissed off.

I basically have no social life....I joined every after school activity that was provided and all my time at home is circled around chores and homework. Parties and friends are a big no no to my aunt.... Sara has tried several times to convince me to sneak out, but I don’t want to take the risk in getting caught.
Everyone in school doesn’t even know I exist...well that’s how I see it.

To tell you how this all started.........it began when my dad had passed away with cancer. My mom couldn’t handle taking care of me alone with no financial support, so she abandoned the 15 year old me at the doorsteps of my dads only living family......my uncle. He couldn’t just ignore me so I guess he HAD to bring me in. The only people that fully welcomed me in were my two cousins Esther and Joseph. Who were just in elementary. I guess they didn’t know much of the situation......
But on the other hand, my aunt.....well she just welcomed me by saying ‘You are not to be acting like our family....in this house or out’. So yes...I have a room with a very hard mattress that gives me back aches almost everyday and I have on small desk and a small window right above the desk. At least I have some sunlight.
Well.....that basically sums up my wonderful life....

********
“YOU LAZY HOW CAN U SLEEP UNTIL NOW WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR CHORES BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR SCHOOL!”

“I’m sorry! Please give me one more chance!” I was on the verge of crying.....no one has ever seen this side of me because guess what. I am the cold-hearted girl in school that shows no emotion.....even Sara hasn’t seen my weak side yet.

“NO SECOND CHANCES IN THIS HOUSE!” Once again she whipped me, but this time my back. “GO YOU HAVE ONE HOUR TO VACCUM THE WHOLE HOUSE AND CLEAN ALL THE WINDOWS!”

“YES MA’AM” I tried my best to stand up....it was pretty hard due to the fact that my back was hurting from the mattress and from her whipping me.

“WALK QUICKER YOU LAZY !” She kicked my ankle causing me to fall straight on my face. Great now I can’t even sit or stand straight and I can’t walk properly....how will Sara react to this....

******
“What the hell happened to you in there!!??”

“I-um I just-”

“Don’t give me crap like ‘Oh I just fell down the stairs’ cause that doesn’t work on me anymore.”

“Fine. SHE did it again. Waking me up to hell when I wasn’t even that late...”

“Gosh seriously Yoon I am going to call the police if she does anything again.”

“NO! Never the police! You know exactly why Sara!”

“Your cousins can live with you uncle its just your aunt that needs to go to jail gosh! I swear your uncle is a retard HOW CAN HE NOT REALIZE THAT HIS OWN WIFE IS ABUSING HIS NIECE!”

“My cousins and my uncle are all innocent so stop blaming them! Yes my uncle is not THAT welcoming but he still lets me stay. I just need to survive until I graduate and have my legal rights. So stop making a big deal.”

“Fine, but you have to promise to tell me everything so I know you’re safe!”

I just kept silent knowing that I won’t tell Sara EVERYTHING.....I don’t want her to worry even more and make a bigger fuss out of it.

******
We arrived at school and we headed to our lockers. I took out whatever I needed and went to my journalism class after saying goodbye to Sara.

As I walked in I sat in my usual seat in the back next to the window. I was in my own world when I noticed someone sit next to me......
That’s strange no one usually sits next to me even if they have no choice...... I turned my head to be greeted with big round eyes that kept looking at me with much intensity.

“Um.... May I help you?”

“Oh um HI I’m Park Chanyeol~!” Oh gosh he’s really loud!

“Uh- Hi” I just coldly looked away.

“Aren’t you going to tell me your name?”

“Do I have to.”

“Yes! I introduced myself so now it’s your turn!”

“Gosh can you keep your voice down and I never asked you to introduced yourself to me.”

“Geez you’re mean.” He was pouting like a kid...ew

“Fine. I am Choi YoonHye. Better?”

“Much better~” He gave a smile, which showed his pearly white teeth......seriously is this guy mental...

Luckily, Ms. Choi walked in and made this Chanyeol guy introduce himself to the class....after he did we started our lesson on good newspaper articles.
Being the journalism class president I was in charge of reading all the articles and picking the best to put in our school newspaper.....and today I learned that our new photographer is this Chanyeol guy...
Can my day get even worse.....he seriously is so nosy! He has been asking me questions about me this whole class and telling me about himself when I honestly didn’t care!  This was my last straw!

“Can you please shut-up I am trying to listen!”

“Oh ya um sorry hehe” I just rolled my eyes at him and looked at the board.

******After Class******

I quickly packed up my things and tried to get out as quick as possible, but this Chanyeol dude was too fast......

“Hey wait up!!”

“What?”

“Do you want to have lunch with me and my buds~~?”

“Does it look like I want to.”

“Ok ok fine. It doesn’t hurt to ask. K then BYE NEW FRENNY~~~!”

Ugh how can I work with this kind of person! I know I can sometimes be hyper and happy around Sara, but not this bad! And trying to know about me is just a big no no in the school especially because I am unknown here......this is gonna be a looooooong journey.

                                                                                                                                                                                     

Hey readers ;)) My first chapter is up~~

HOW WAS IT~~?? Hope you guys liked it...

CommentSubscribeUpvote

--98Kaisoo :))