Encounter

Words That Are Hard To Say

Encounter

Wanting to spend the last day of her summer vacation with Minhee, Soojin decided to visit her friend or most appropriate was forced to by Minhee for the last minute arrangements. School will finally start the next day, both of the girls would be official students of Seoul Academy for Arts and even if she didn’t admit it, it makes her nervous.

 

As the day almost ended, it was already 5pm when it starts to rain, both decided to walk at the nearest waiting shed, while adjusting her umbrella while listening and laughing at Minhee’s funny experiences during her stay in her new apartment. Soojin looked up and notice a guy in a black umbrella probably at her age walking at their direction. He was wearing dark skinny jeans and long sleeves that match his dark hair, probably black. As she stare at him, at the same time he lifted his head and catches her eye, his stare, just like hers was blank. It was a short eye contact, as both of them seemed uninterested.

 

Soojin walked backwards inside the shed to avoid the rain drops pouring at her shoulders when she suddenly lose her balance and slipped first.

 

“Ouch,”

 

“Oh my god Soo Jin, are you alright?” Minhee run to aid her soaked friend aith her umbrella at hand.

 

Soojin nodded rolled her eyes mentally; Min, do you think I’m alright? 

 

The dark haired guy was finally close to their spot and she noticed that his hair wasn’t black at all, it was in a closer shade of dark red to violet and brown, the color of the wine, she thought. Great, you were still sitting in the wet cement but you have a time to think about his hair color rather than standing up.

 

Minhee was busy blabbering and helping Sojjin to notice the boy, as the stuffs that her friend was carrying also fell.

 

“Goodness Jin, how can you be so clumsy?”

 

“Uh, sorry,”

 

He walked past the girls and suddenly he stop at his track, his back facing the shed, Soojin  heard him mutter something but too busy gathering her things that she didn’t notice him turned around and walk in front of her until she heard him sigh. Still slumped at the pavement, Soojin looked up to him and that was the moment she clearly saw his face, she eventually noticed his cute little puppy like eyes.

 

Busy at her thoughts that she didn’t notice that he kneeled in front of her and helped her with her things, he grabbed her arms to stand the troubled girl up. He searched for something on his pocket and grabs her hand left hand, which shocked Soojin.

 

“Are you an idiot?” she heard him say that made her snapped at her thoughts.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

The handsome boy just smirked and without saying anything, and just left leaving Soojin and Minhee standing clueless at the middle of the rain.

 

“What was that?” Minhee said while staring at the road.

 

I want to ask that too. Weird idiotic guy. She thought as she squeezed the white handkerchief on her left hand.

 

*****

 

Since Minhee’s apartment was closer, both decided to stay there until the rain stops and change their soaked clothes. After an hour and a half, Soojin bid goodbye to Minhee since it was getting a little late already, it was weird actually, to think that starting this school year, Soojin and her best friend would be separated, they can live in a single apartment but both decided to live separately as Minhee quoted: “We need to be independent to stand up on our own, that is what mature women do.” So there, both of the girls decided to rent an apartment far away from each other. It was awkward at first to live alone, since both got used to the noise and company from their old dorm but at the back of Soojin’s mind she liked it. She liked the new silence and the privilege of being alone. Silence calmed her, it makes her think about anything, her thoughts can freely flow, and she didn’t needed to force herself speak up when she didn’t wanted to, not that she don’t want to be with Minhee but they can’t be together forever right? Or one would need some privacy for them.

 

Deep in her thoughts, Soojin reached the end of the street and wait for the traffic lights to turn red since her apartment was on the other street.  Counting the seconds on her mind while staring nowhere, thinking how many people are there, walking, not minding others and doing their own business, well that’s what people are, as long as they’re happy, they don’t mind what the others are feeling, Selfish, but it’s true.

 

Seeing the lights turned red, she started walking at the lane, looking straight ahead. Upon reaching the middle, a guy, walking at the opposite direction, was also staring straight ahead as if there were no people around him with earphones on his ears like he was in his own little world, when both of them reached the middle of the lane, they walked passed each other slightly brushing their shoulders.

 

Then everything happened in a blur, it was fast yet everything seems to happen in a slow motion, a man running at the opposite direction not minding if he bumps everyone make his way in front of Soojin hence making her back off, almost losing her balance, as she stepped back and bump into something making her look behind. And there you saw two pair of unfathomable eyes that seems to reflect something, but what? It was hard to decode and yet Soojin can’t help but stare at them, as if she was being pulled into a black hole by those pair of dark orbs.

 

That short eye contact, a contact not more than two seconds but right then and there, there was this odd feeling, a feeling unexplained.  There is something in his eyes that is fascinating, makes you want to unravel the mystery behind them.

 

*****

 

You woke up with your phone continuously ringing, making you jolt up on you bed. You looked at the time and almost tripped as you ran at your bathroom.

 

"Aish! I should’ve not listened to you when you asked me to watch that video!" you scolded Minhee at the phone, right now you’re  running for your life, Your late for school and it’s not even a week since the classes started for my new school. It was your freaking first day and you can’t afford to break your good records, and just because of a stupid horror film, You’re at the verge of being late.

 

"It wasnt my fault that you woke up late because of that jinnie dear. I don’t remember telling you to spend the whole night watching it though," You heard her chuckle at the other line.

 

“You know I like those films! Aish! It’s your fault that I skipped breakfast and I wasn’t able to eat chicken nuggets and bacon!”

 

"Hahaha! Seriously, you always eat that for breakfast, aren’t you sick of it? bleh! By the way where are you?  15 minutes left before the bell! Faster Jinnie it’s been minutes since I was standing at the front gate and everyone’s staring at me weirdly,"

 

"I’m running at full speed! All the buses are packed...Yah! Are you just worried because of that? you can go ahead if you like,”

 

“But I want us to be together,” she wined at the other line.

 

“Understood, I’m close, I’ll be there in three minutes, bye!”

 

You were running really fast that you didn’t notice a blonde guy walking and you accidentally bumped at him, you hurriedly apologized without looking at him and continue to run. You were far from him that you didn’t heard him say or more like whisper something,

 

“Soojin?”

 

*****

 

You met Minhee at the gate and thankfully, you arrived on time, both of you went at the faculty to meet your adviser and accompany you at your class. Good thing, Minhee was your classmate so you were less nervous. Still, you were fidgety and feeling wierd. To think that you came from an all-girls school and you're going to see a lot of guys. The thought of it made you sigh. You were not used to them.

 

As you enter your room with Minhee, you felt the attention of everyone at both of you as you walked at the center guided by your adviser. Feeling uneasy, you just looked everywhere and avoided everyone's curious and judging gazes.

 

Until your eyes landed to those pair of unfathomable black orbs once again.

 


{A/N} Sorry for the long wait. i'm busy with my thesis thats why, :)

i just typed this without checking for errors so if you found some, dont hesitate to tell me :)

*** the  characters already crossed paths *o* it was really meant that soo jin would meet them in a day or two~ ^o^

and also, soo jin is such a wierd character i tell you, hahaha!

which makes me excited~ >.<

anyway, thankyou to everyone who subscribed, commented, and read this, :D

lovelove♥