Leaving

Words That Are Hard To Say

Leaving

“Eonnie, I still can’t believe that you’re leaving, I’ll miss seeing you walking in the corridor, goofing around with Minhee eonnie,” one of the dongsaeng, Jeanhae said while while munching the pizza looking at Soojin.

 

“Awww, that is so dramatic my dear dongsaeng but let me remind you that were just transferring schools, we’re not going to North Pole, you know. We can still see each other on holidays, and what’s the use of our gadgets, social networking, hell-oh,” Soojin’s ever sarcastic bestfriend, Minhee dramatically replied while drinking a canned soda as if she’s drinking a can of beer.

 

“But still, it’s different without you guys, I mean you two were one of my closest friends here, and I thought you're here when I graduate, to think that you’ll transfer during your 2nd year, I’ll miss you both,” their close friend, a senior, Haneul replied.

 

“We'll go there, you'll see us Han eonnie, we can't miss the graduation of the prettiest and smartest senior here, but well, what can I say, that’s life, it’s sad but we all need to move on, be happy, hey, hey, what up with your faces guys, it’s not the end of the world, you know our number, call us! “ Minhee replied with a grin.

 

Soojin just stared at everyone, listening to their messages and antics, she sighed. She’ll definitely miss this, the noise, the girl talks, the school, the dorm, the students, her dorm mates, her friends.

 

“Hey, Soojin, you’re awfully quiet since we started the party, are you not feeling well?”  Soojin looked at one of her dorm mate who asked her and moved your head to the side continually, telling her that she’s fine.

 

Or maybe not.

 

Their dorm or specifically, their floor, decided to throw a goodbye party for Soojin and Minhee since tomorrow they’ll officially leave the school. It’s too early to leave the school since summer break would just start next week. But they still have to arrange things and stuffs there like apartment and enrollment.

 

Soojin stand up and decided to go to her room.  She felt she’ll just be a nuisance if she stayed at the party, being gloomy and all.

 

As she entered the room, she flopped yourself on her bed and sighed loudly, she stared at the ceiling then looked around and sighed once again; the once lively room now became an empty space. Walls that are designed with paintings and pictures now became an old dirty white wall. Everything feels different. Her safe haven for 2 long years now became a stranger to her, suffocating Soojin that made her feel scared and unsure.

 

Ever since she was informed about the transfer, she felt uneasy. Soojin hated the fact of transferring even if her best friend decided to come with her. It just made her feel guilty; she’s taking her, leaving all of their friends here, away from her friends. She told Minhee that she can just stay here but she insisted about their childhood promise of being “together forever “, Soojin smiled when she remembered 2 years ago, when she told her that she applied for an all-girls high school,  and got accepted for a scholarship, Minhee eventually decided right then and there to leave her application for an prestigious academy that they both applied for and go with her even if it means that she’ll lose her freedom, this school has its own dormitories and only lets students to go home for holidays and special occasions, it’s a mystery on how Mihee manages to survive until now, being a free spirited person she is. And right now, Soojin didn’t expect for her best friend to come with her once again, She feel blessed to have her. Her rash decisions, her honesty, her kindness, her never ending energy, and straightforwardness that Soojin definitely didn’t have yet, wished to have.  She closed her eyes and think of those memories when they were younger, back when they planned everything for their life:  taking the same school starting from pre-school, elementary, high school and even college, they even dreamt having double dates with their boyfriends, or even having double weddings with their lifetime partner, and then their kids would be the best of friends just like the both of them, and if they’re from the opposite , they even plan on arranging the kids together. Well, that was when Soojin thought that everything in life was all about cotton candy and rainbows; back when she thought that everything in her life was perfect.  Lifetime partner, huh.  She laughed at herself.  Thinking how silly and absurd her thoughts are.  She sighed again for the hundredth time since morning. She was deep in thoughts that she didn’t noticed that someone entered her room until she heard someone speak.

 

“Have you become insane? Frowning and laughing alone? And what’s with the darkness? Creepy, argh,” Soojin slowly opened her eyes and turned at the source of the voice. She saw Minhee smiling, leaning at the wall with arms crossed.

 

“It’s just that... I don’t want to go... Minhee, I don’t want to go…” she finally told Minhee after a long minute of silence.

 

Minhee came closer and also flopped herself in bed and stared at the ceiling just like Soojin.

 

“You can still back out you know,” she said, still staring at the ceiling.

 

“I can’t, you know how I respect mom’s decisions Min, I don’t want to disappoint her, and I don’t want her to feel sad,”

 

“Jinnie, is it about that again? It’s all in the past, move on, try to fall in love, be happy and—“

 

“No, Minhee, even it’s in the past, you can’t heal the wounds from the past. Love leaves a memory that no one can steal but sometimes it leaves a heartache that no one else can heal. Even if you try to move on, it will still haunt you,” Soojin answered and heard Minhee sighed, knowing she’s right, but Soojin just can’t help it.

 

She just can’t help being hurt every time she remembers the past.

 

“You know Jinnie, Love isn't always like that, Stop convincing yourself that suffering was a part of it."

 

Soojin did not reply, she had nothing to say anyway, another minute of silence until Minhee talked again,

 

"I understand, you know that I’ll be always here for you Jinnie, I just want you to be happy,” and Soojin nodded, silently thanking her best friend for being understanding,

 

Both of them just stayed there staring at the ceiling, feeling each other’s company.

 

“I like this place,” Soojin said whispering, as if she’s talking to herself.

 

“Well, let’s just think that you’ll love that place Soojin, don’t be afraid of changes, and sometimes change does good things to us.”

 

Soojin closed her eyes and started to think positively. Talking with Minhee is really a good thing.

 

 

I hope you’re right, Minhee, I hope so.

 


{A/N} AnnyeonghaSEHUN!~♥

First Chapter is up! so what do you think?

***and so, another story unfolds for the two girls..while thinking about making this story, one requirement is that the OC should have a bestfriend. cliche,yes, but is just that, i myself have a ever supportive bestfriend on my side she's been my bff since 1st grade in elementary? and right now im a 4th year graduating college student, and i can say, she's still my one and only bestfriend, and so, just like that,  i wanna create a speacial bond not only romantically between the Soo Jin and the guys but also, a friendship that cannot be replaced.. hahaha! im just being to dramatic. anyways i hope you'll enjoy the next chapters..^o^

thankyou to everyone who subscribed, commented, and read this :D

xoxo♥