Save your tears

Tell a Tale

Sweeter is my dream.

 

His time was up, it was almost over. The cruel truth overwhelmed him as he raised the sharp knife against his beloved. Warm drops of tears appeared staining his beautiful face with despair. He lowered the blade and laughed softly at his fate. He lost against his love for the sleeping prince. 

He was the prince of the ocean. A royal merman loved by the creatures of the sea. He was as beautiful as he was kind. No one in the ocean does not know him. He was the magnanimous man who soothes the seas with his voice. 

His voice was magic. It was heavenly. It was the apotheosis of the broken souls of the seas. The only thing that promise hope. His song was the salvation of the broken and the blessing for the many. He was perfect. He was. 

He had it all but he chose to throw it away. He was banished for doing the forbidden. He made a pact with the devil of the seas, the water witch. For his legs, he lost his voice. To become human, he left his home. Yet, never did he regret his decision.

He was in love. His heart stolen by a human prince. The warm feeling slowly poisoning his senses as he became a fool. Love became his drugs. He was addicted and there was no cure. He was happy just to serve the human prince. His love was pure as it was foolish. He was allured by the sweetness of the feeling that he had not expected of what is to come.


The sound of wedding bells became his nightmare. His heart broken as he stand at the crossroad. The large wounded heart unrepairable as he watch his love claimed by another. He was broken by merriment of the occasion. He was more broken of the fact that he must face.

He took the dagger shakingly. His red and sorrowful eyes reflected on the silver blade as he mouthed his silent apologies. It was the only way. One of them cannot be spared. One of them must say goodbye. He chose to live. 

It only took him a glance at his love's face. The tall human stature faking his sleep knowing the events to come. He smiled bitterly as he lowered the dagger. His tears freely falling down the ground. He was a fool. He knew. He was a fool for being happy that he was loved the same. Words are not needed for him. He was easily satisfied. He closed his eyes as he waited for the dawn. He resigned to his fate.

 

I smiled bitterly at his form. His loving smile as he waited to the tradic ending was something that I long for. He was a fool and I was a greater fool. The warm rays of the sun greeted the morning as I greeted my fate. For the last time, I smiled at them. I wished for a happy future. 

 

While he threw it all, I gave him all. To change his fate, I surrendered my soul the way he gave his voice. I sold all that I am to the witch of the seas. As soon as the sun was out in the morning skies I became nothing but foam, my soul at the hands of the witch assured of torture till eternity. I regret nothing as I saw his smile, the brightest smile I saw on him. A smile that I can't ever give. 
 

If he hadn't change his choice. I wonder if I would be able to mend his heart or would he fall for another other than me. My questions became unanswered as he chose to disappear. His love was stronger than his will to live. We were the same fools for love. My love was more precious than my life. We were the same at the least. 

 

"Live a happy life, Prince Kyungsoo. I love you" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello!  This is a  "Baby, don't cry" inspired one shot. Well, its been replaying in my mind halting my barin process and unabling me to study so I jolt it down in a quickie, hope you like it.